Help

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by arT saveS, Jun 4, 2004.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

OK, I'm guessing this is the right forum since is the most computer themed forum...

Anyways, I have a problem. Let me see how well I can explain it. Ok, you know the little bar type thingy at the bottom of the screen? (This is for XP on a IE Browser) Where your tasks and clock and "Start" is? Ok well on XP I know there is a version of this little...bar...where it can be like blue, and ... I dunno how to explain it ... bubbly like. (Right click the bar at the bottom and then click properties, and you'll know what I'm talking about) Ok anyways, that bar used to be like that, but then I switiched the whole start menu and bar thing to classic, like 98 windows, where it's plainish. I tried to get it back to the XP looking thing, but it's mixed now. You know on Windows 98 you click start and there is like one column thing, and on XP it's 2 columns (thats the only way I know how to explain it) well its got the 2 columns, but it's just a plain greyish white color. I know this is all very confusing, but if someone understands it, I'd appreciate the help. And if you can't understand it, then I don't deserve the help because I'm so computer illiterate.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I'm gonna try and help you the best I can, although I don't totally understand your situation.

1. Go to your desktop and on the wallpaper, right click and select properties

2. Go to the "Apperance" tab and change windows 98 to WinXP from the drop down menu. You should now completly be in XP style.

3. Righ click on the toolbar (bar with the START button) and select properties.

4. Select the Start Menu tab and decide which setting you want : Classic Start Menu (1 column) or Start Menu (2 column)

Hope this helps.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Wow. I feel stupid. That was easy. Thanks. :lol: