media trade thread?

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by spike91232004, Jun 1, 2004.

spike91232004

spike91232004 Banned

I am very pist off! The official Linkin park message board can have a media trade thread but this website cant! What is up with that? That is bull ####! On there you can ask for mp3s and that is the official message board!!

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Because they are the OFFICIAL LP boards. This site could get in trouble.....now get over it and find some other way to get your jollies.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Because the LPMB is a mess and allows lots of illegal mp3 trading and teenie-bopper behavior to go down. Those forums are moderated as if a pair of blind mice were behind the reigns and there is no way we are going to allow our forums to become that way.

It doesn't matter if Linkin Park says it's alright for mp3s to be downloaded, the bottom line is that it's illegal for us to allow the trade of those files because of the legal situations with the RIAA. Many sites have been shut down for hosting LPU and album mp3s, and we are not going to allow the same to happen to us. Incase you haven't noticed, Linkin Park have changed their stance on downloading because thanks to greedy people like you, they have lost 4.5 Million sales of Hybrid Theory alone.

If you seriously love the LPMB that much then you should do us all a favor and go back to those forums because we could do without your constant complaining. You have been nothing but a whiner here since you joined, and we're all through trying to be nice to you when you seem to have nothing but problems with the way this website works.

Because of your behavior you are now warned for constantly complaining about the mp3s. If you continue to act this way you can be sure it will result from you being permanently banned from these forums. So therefore I recommend you stop.

Plus, please for the love of all things sacred, type like you have higher then a third grade education. "Pist" is not a word.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

*roll eyes with almost disgust*

Some people seem to be slower than time in high school

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, I suppose I can put in my two cents here. The sites that got busted for hosting mp3s were hosting stuff from the LPU CDs, or official albums. I don't agree with people that do that, it's unfair to the band. But the majority of mp3s that people want are either from the EP, or demos, live tracks, etc. Even giving out the EP songs is kinda iffy, because that was an LPU cd. But I don't see a problem with trading demos and stuff, since they aren't copyrighted (to my knowledge). So the simplest rule to follow would be not to trade any officially released songs.

One other thing, if someone was going to come after a site, I would think they'd go after the official site that's more well-known first, instead of a fansite.

Well, that's just my opinion, take it however you want.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We still are not going to allow mp3s on this site unless they are up for download in our media section. And since we have no media section right now, that means no mp3s at all.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

One last thought, people that constantly ask for mp3s on this site, there's lots of other sites you could go to for them, so I don't see why people make such a big deal about it.

lp_solder

lp_solder Well-Known Member

I have one problem,
    I can't find my topic "real gta 3"
    Can you help me?
    thanks!

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

IRRELEVANT POST! IRRELEVANT POST! Jesus...

Ah, anyway, see that thingie, "search", up above? Great.