What is the story for Breaking the Habit?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by spike91232004, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    spike91232004

spike91232004 Banned

What is the story for the breaking the habit video? I have watched it many times and all I can see that Chester commits suicide and some girl starts crying. Linkin Park talk about some of it in the making of breaking the habit but I want to know the whole story.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The BTH Video has many storylines. Chesters jumps off the Building and his spirt goes through a building. The man in the suit is The Drug man. He did many things bad in his life and he wished he could stop. The girl who cuts herself wishes her life was better. She wants to end her life because people put her down. The Couple are having marital problems. The Wife thinks she should leave. Then the movie plays backwards to show cause and effect.

The video is about changing your life and doing something to change themselves.

spike91232004

spike91232004 Banned

Thanks! I didnt really get what the story was.

hidden soul

hidden soul Active Member

The girl doesn't actually cut herself, she just breaks a shard of glass in her palm, bleeds, and falls. I don't get what happens to her in the reverse part (I think it's someone knocking her down, but hey...)

To be more specific, the lady has a baby, and catches her spouse in action w/ another girl. Then she gets really p*ssed, and throws tomatoes at him. Then she's on the ground, stroking her stomach/baby and probably crying. The guy just leaves.

Then Chester comes back to life, to finish off what he started.

Mr Hahn 101

Mr Hahn 101 Member

i'v never seen the film clip, for breaking the habit, so i hope it's good. i dont know when i comes outin australia. do any of you guys know???

hidden soul

hidden soul Active Member

www.linkinpark.com has like, a 30-sec clip.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I still think the song in general is about suicide, wether Linkin Park wants to admit it or not.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

Isn't there another thread like this somewhere else? :wth:

ch|e|s|t|er

ch|e|s|t|er Active Member

it'snot! i asked chester himself! he just said," HA! no it's not about suicide, it's about the fans that come up to us during concerts and tell ing us about their life and stuff....it's about saying that we are kistening and breaking bad habbits. that's it, not suicide." o and btw he is my cousin's friend and came over like........2 or 3 weeks ago. :chaz:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Please do not make outrageous claims such as that, as even in the rare event it could possibly be true, nobody likes listening to people babble on that they are related to a band member when in reality they have no proof.

It actually counts as talking about the band member's personal lives (in the event it was true, which no offense but I highly doubt) and therefore should be avoided at all costs.

I hope you understand. Also, please try to make sure you type every word correctly as when you rush your posts and have a lot of typos it tends to be a bit confusing on the eyes. Thanks.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow, I can never find that much story line in a music video. Hmm...probably cause I only watched it once. ^_^

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

Another reason why it may not be about suicide: I think that when Chester falls off the building he has this surprised look on his face like he didn't mean to fall-this is just conjecture. :unsure:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

it'snot! i asked chester himself! he just said," HA! no it's not about suicide, it's about the fans that come up to us during concerts and tell ing us about their life and stuff....it's about saying that we are kistening and breaking bad habbits. that's it, not suicide." o and btw he is my cousin's friend and came over like........2 or 3 weeks ago. :chaz: [/b][/quote]
    If Chester really did come over, you wouldn't have said 2 or 3 weeks ago, you would have remembered the exact date.

Also, they've been in Europe for the last month :chemist:

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

If Chester really did come over, you wouldn't have said 2 or 3 weeks ago, you would have remembered the exact date.

Also, they've been in Europe for the last month :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    Thank you for sorting out the stupid teenie. :lol:

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Thank you for sorting out the stupid teenie. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Pwned.

If you're gonna say something utterly stupid like that, at least make sure there's a chance of it being true..... :rolleyes:

dementdmonkey

dementdmonkey Active Member

no i'm pretty sure it's definitely about chester's suicide. i dont think it was a surprised look but more like a terrified, "oh no what have i done." look. as chester says "i'm breaking the habit, tonight" for the first time, everything reverses showing that you can change your life: the girl erases 'i am nothing', the tomatoes are being pulled back, the man with possibly drugs in his briefcase closes it, and chester flies back to the top of the building to continue his life and finish the song with his bandmates.

Schopman

Schopman Active Member

heyhey
    why does has chester a kind of a tear just afther the part ''i had no options left again''maybe it's nothing impotant i am just wondering :D

linkinparkbby101

linkinparkbby101 Well-Known Member

theres alotta story lines to keep up with. i dont get the whole reverse part with the girl that was like writing im nothing on the paper

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

well, I like it.. it's a cool clip anyway.. :rolleyes:

Amr

Amr Member

That's a pretty cool analysis for the video, but i still don't get the part of the tomatoes and the pregnant woman .. and was that connected to the scene where the wife discovers that her husband is cheating on her ?
    I guess If I got that scene - or practicaly those two scenes - It'll be all cleared out here B)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.