Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    What is the story for the breaking the habit video? I have watched it many times and all I can see that Chester commits suicide and some girl starts crying. Linkin Park talk about some of it in the making of breaking the habit but I want to know the whole story.

Banned
    The BTH Video has many storylines. Chesters jumps off the Building and his spirt goes through a building. The man in the suit is The Drug man. He did many things bad in his life and he wished he could stop. The girl who cuts herself wishes her life was better. She wants to end her life because people put her down. The Couple are having marital problems. The Wife thinks she should leave. Then the movie plays backwards to show cause and effect.

The video is about changing your life and doing something to change themselves.

Banned
    Originally posted by LPStreetFighter666@Jun 1 2004, 07:18 PM
    The BTH Video has many storylines. Chesters jumps off the Building and his spirt goes through a building. The man in the suit is The Drug man. He did many things bad in his life and he wished he could stop. The girl who cuts herself wishes her life was better. She wants to end her life because people put her down. The Couple are having marital problems. The Wife thinks she should leave. Then the movie plays backwards to show cause and effect.

Thanks! I didnt really get what the story was.

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Originally posted by LPStreetFighter666@Jun 1 2004, 07:18 PM
    ...The girl who cuts herself wishes her life was better. She wants to end her life because people put her down. The Couple are having marital problems. The Wife thinks she should leave. Then the movie plays backwards to show cause and effect....
    The girl doesn't actually cut herself, she just breaks a shard of glass in her palm, bleeds, and falls. I don't get what happens to her in the reverse part (I think it's someone knocking her down, but hey...)

To be more specific, the lady has a baby, and catches her spouse in action w/ another girl. Then she gets really p*ssed, and throws tomatoes at him. Then she's on the ground, stroking her stomach/baby and probably crying. The guy just leaves.

Then Chester comes back to life, to finish off what he started.

Opening
    i'v never seen the film clip, for breaking the habit, so i hope it's good. i dont know when i comes outin australia. do any of you guys know???

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Originally posted by Mr Hahn 101@Jun 2 2004, 03:39 AM
    i'v never seen the film clip, for breaking the habit, so i hope it's good. i dont know when i comes outin australia. do any of you guys know???
    www.linkinpark.com has like, a 30-sec clip.

I still think the song in general is about suicide, wether Linkin Park wants to admit it or not.

Isn't there another thread like this somewhere else? :wth:

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Originally posted by Casey@Jun 2 2004, 07:38 PM
    I still think the song in general is about suicide, wether Linkin Park wants to admit it or not.
    it'snot! i asked chester himself! he just said," HA! no it's not about suicide, it's about the fans that come up to us during concerts and tell ing us about their life and stuff....it's about saying that we are kistening and breaking bad habbits. that's it, not suicide." o and btw he is my cousin's friend and came over like........2 or 3 weeks ago. :chaz:

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Please do not make outrageous claims such as that, as even in the rare event it could possibly be true, nobody likes listening to people babble on that they are related to a band member when in reality they have no proof.

It actually counts as talking about the band member's personal lives (in the event it was true, which no offense but I highly doubt) and therefore should be avoided at all costs.

I hope you understand. Also, please try to make sure you type every word correctly as when you rush your posts and have a lot of typos it tends to be a bit confusing on the eyes. Thanks.
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Originally posted by LPStreetFighter666@Jun 1 2004, 02:18 PM

Wow, I can never find that much story line in a music video. Hmm...probably cause I only watched it once.

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Another reason why it may not be about suicide: I think that when Chester falls off the building he has this surprised look on his face like he didn't mean to fall-this is just conjecture.

Originally posted by ch|e|s|t|er+Jun 2 2004, 11:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ch|e|s|t|er @ Jun 2 2004, 11:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Casey@Jun 2 2004, 07:38 PM
    it&#39;snot&#33; i asked chester himself&#33; he just said," HA&#33; no it&#39;s not about suicide, it&#39;s about the fans that come up to us during concerts and tell ing us about their life and stuff....it&#39;s about saying that we are kistening and breaking bad habbits. that&#39;s it, not suicide." o and btw he is my cousin&#39;s friend and came over like........2 or 3 weeks ago. :chaz: [/b][/quote]
    If Chester really did come over, you wouldn&#39;t have said 2 or 3 weeks ago, you would have remembered the exact date.

Also, they&#39;ve been in Europe for the last month :chemist:
    Neil's Vintage Sig Collection. Item 2 'Hahn Signature'

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Originally posted by Neil+Jun 11 2004, 03:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neil @ Jun 11 2004, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -ch|e|s|t|er@Jun 2 2004, 11:59 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Casey
    @Jun 2 2004, 07:38 PM

it&#39;snot&#33; i asked chester himself&#33; he just said," HA&#33; no it&#39;s not about suicide, it&#39;s about the fans that come up to us during concerts and tell ing us about their life and stuff....it&#39;s about saying that we are kistening and breaking bad habbits. that&#39;s it, not suicide." o and btw he is my cousin&#39;s friend and came over like........2 or 3 weeks ago. :chaz:
    If Chester really did come over, you wouldn&#39;t have said 2 or 3 weeks ago, you would have remembered the exact date.

Also, they&#39;ve been in Europe for the last month :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    Thank you for sorting out the stupid teenie.

Originally posted by ella1432+Jun 11 2004, 03:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ella1432 @ Jun 11 2004, 03:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Neil@Jun 11 2004, 03:28 PM
    Originally posted by -ch|e|s|t|er@Jun 2 2004, 11:59 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Casey
    @Jun 2 2004, 07:38 PM

it&#39;snot&#33; i asked chester himself&#33; he just said," HA&#33; no it&#39;s not about suicide, it&#39;s about the fans that come up to us during concerts and tell ing us about their life and stuff....it&#39;s about saying that we are kistening and breaking bad habbits. that&#39;s it, not suicide." o and btw he is my cousin&#39;s friend and came over like........2 or 3 weeks ago. :chaz:

Also, they&#39;ve been in Europe for the last month :chemist:
    Thank you for sorting out the stupid teenie. [/b][/quote]
    Pwned.

If you&#39;re gonna say something utterly stupid like that, at least make sure there&#39;s a chance of it being true.....

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    Posted on Jun 10 2004, 03:43 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another reason why it may not be about suicide: I think that when Chester falls off the building he has this surprised look on his face like he didn&#39;t mean to fall-this is just conjecture.
    no i&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s definitely about chester&#39;s suicide. i dont think it was a surprised look but more like a terrified, "oh no what have i done." look. as chester says "i&#39;m breaking the habit, tonight" for the first time, everything reverses showing that you can change your life: the girl erases &#39;i am nothing&#39;, the tomatoes are being pulled back, the man with possibly drugs in his briefcase closes it, and chester flies back to the top of the building to continue his life and finish the song with his bandmates.

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    heyhey
    why does has chester a kind of a tear just afther the part &#39;&#39;i had no options left again&#39;&#39;maybe it&#39;s nothing impotant i am just wondering

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    theres alotta story lines to keep up with. i dont get the whole reverse part with the girl that was like writing im nothing on the paper

well, I like it.. it&#39;s a cool clip anyway..

That&#39;s a pretty cool analysis for the video, but i still don&#39;t get the part of the tomatoes and the pregnant woman .. and was that connected to the scene where the wife discovers that her husband is cheating on her ?
    I guess If I got that scene - or practicaly those two scenes - It&#39;ll be all cleared out here B)

Thread Information