Wwants To Make A Lp Fansite

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by linkinfan42, Jan 15, 2003.

linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

anyone can u helo me on how to go about doing this

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Umm...learn html, come up with a design, get all your facts on the site together, & find a good server. :chemist:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Put in your Reanimation CD.. :lol:

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

First. Know your limitations of what you can do, then make a design based on that. Find a host that can meet your limitations and upload your pages. If you know html, I suggest Angelfire, if not, try Homestead

.:eek:mi

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Yeah those are all good places to go and use for a server. And the html part, I suggest first learning the language. then buy an html editor if you really want to go advanced. I myself have Dreamweaver 4 HTML Editor, and it really works well. But you have to know what your doing. that html editor isn't for beginners.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

i don't know too much about HTML, so i couldn't help you.

Ent0303: i love your sig.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Thanks man, I got the idea from Akuma, then I made it myself the way I wanted to.

Hey, linkinfan, I think that's part of your name. If you're still interested in making an LP site, we could partner up if you wanted to. I've been wanting to make a site, but I've never had time to keep it up to date with new content. If you want to, we could design a site together. I could handle all the HTML, but we both could make site content and manage message boards and news. PM or email me or IM me on AIM if you're still interested.

Alex

Alex Ambient

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Hey man, PM me or email me. I'll help you do your site and maintain it. I want to make my own site too. Just contact me on AIM or somethin, then we can get started brainstorming.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Hey man, PM me or email me. I'll help you do your site and maintain it. I want to make my own site too. Just contact me on AIM or somethin, then we can get started brainstorming. [/b][/quote]
    Didnt you just say that? :chemist:

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

^^Alex has a very well written tutorial on the basics on HTML, i suggest all beginners take a look at it, very easy to understand from the way Alex's written it

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Sorry chester, I'm just trying to get this guys attention, see if he's still interested.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Its ok, I thought maybe you were like, spacing out or something and didnt realize you just said that :lol:

linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

--Spam Deleted--

Sorry, there is still no spam allowed in this forum. Only helpful links for making websites are allowed.

And just so you know, fansites do not cost money. The only thing people pay for are domain names(i.e. lpassociation.com), but a domain name is not needed, it just makes it look more professional and usually comes along with more space/bandwidth.

-[C-76] :chaz: