How long will LP last?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpisbaws, Feb 22, 2012.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Read the edit in the post you quoted, for I put in some good news. They're technically 3 releases away from an out.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm sure they must have a good reason for staying because they really are smart guys, which is also why don't understand but I guess I do at the same time.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

How about the EP, Songs from the Underground? Does it count?

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I think its not counted as official releases.. I think those were credited to LPU team, maybe.. :awesome:

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

this aint a topic for LP fans.Why wud ya want ur fav band 2 die? the topic aint worth my comments.

Derek

That's all fine and dandy except nowhere in this entire thread did we even discuss the band dying in any shape or form. We asked how long as a band they would last until they broke up, which unfortunately is going to happen eventually. All bands stop performing/stop being together after a while. Even the ones that have been together 40+ years. This thread has nothing to do with them dying.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think he meant dying as a figure of speech, meaning breaking up.

Derek

But even such, every band breaks up lol. Pink Floyd officially called it quits a few years ago, Aerosmith while not 100% broken up are kinda on hiatus right now, and The Beatles broke up (before Lennon was killed actually). So all bands break up eventually. Just some last longer than others.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Sad, but true.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Haha yeah, I agree with you, just wanted to point out that he probably wasn't talking about the band members actually dying.

Arjun

from dying i actually meant breaking up. just live in the present and enjoy LP.

Arjun

uve got it right dude. why would i want LP to actually DIE!!!!!!????

HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

I can tell you guys now that i am a teenager that loves ATS more than Hybrid Theory.(I'm sure there are more teens like me)
    Now i love Hybrid Theory and Meteora but i also love creative and experimenting albums.

In my opinion LP will stay for a long time as long as they have creative juices flowing in them. :D

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

Personally I love their old stuff, and still prefer and usually listen to it more, however, I am slowly starting to like their new songs and listen to them almost as much for the exception of robot boy. Being a fan since 01, when looking back at it, I really love how you can see the band evolve lyrically as a whole, from the music and anger that was in previous albums, to then a hope that is found in ATS and M2M, when that chester interview came out this past week, I know not all of it is true, but when I read the part where they will still talk about the hard times in life, but have that positive twist to it. My face lit up, and I hope that part of the album is still true, because this is a band that has helped me through a lot of tough times in life. As for the question, I am hoping for at least another 3-4 albums. Then maybe a world tour every few years. But that is just me being optimistic.