Deleting LP

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jul 26, 2012.

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

I deleted most of my Linkin Park mp3s back in 2006 and now I'm currently digging them back up again. Living Things is one of my least favorite album of theirs, but I no longer see myself re-deleting their shit again. But that's just me.

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

So, in my opinion Linkin Park is the best band on that world and they will always be the best band! I am a 'real' fan since ATS. Of course I heard some songs before from them but just the 'popular' songs like In The End or Leave Out All The Rest. And then ATS was released and I just thought 'OMG! That is pretty amazing!'. If I begin to tell my friends something about LP, they just facepalm...But that isn't a matter for me 'cause I love them! I could say I adore them. So, I'll never delete something from them!

TomD

TomD Well-Known Member

I'm starting to feel the same about them. Their only great album is A Thousand Suns IMO. I'm starting to outgrow them which is kinda sad because they were a huge part of my youth. Don't call their music crappy because you're outgrowing them, I do agree however that their music isn't that great. Mike is only one now who brings new music to the table.

And he's not attention-whoring, he's just asking about your opinions. Grow up.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Then go...

NO NO TURNING BACK NOW!!!:rastamike:

:shinado:

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Not trying to be a douche. Just giving my opinion. You've pretty much already decided that you're going to delete LP's stuff, so what kind of opinions were you expecting?

"Hey guys, I'm deleting my old LP stuff because I've grown out of it. I'd like the opinions of die-hard Linkin Park fans."

Nothing wrong with getting tired of Linkin Park. That's your decision. But making a thread to tell people about it is pretty pointless. No disrespect intended.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Concidering I was older than you when Hybrid Theory came out, I think I've done my share of "growing up." By the way, if Linkin Park just arrived on the music scene and were putting out Hybrid Theory right now, I think you would be thinking differently on that whole "ATS is the only great thing the band has done."

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I can't speak for the person you were speaking to, but if Linkin Park just released Hybrid Theory this year, I wouldn't be a Linkin Park fan.

Hybrid

If we took music back to that period of time, as a whole, you might have seen how big of a breath of fresh air Hybrid Theory really was.

TomD

TomD Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about everyone who said he was an attention whore. He just wanted to know if there is anyone else who feels the same about LP now. Nothing wrong with that.

And no sorry, I liked HT a lot when I was a kid and I still enjoy it somewhat but the only thing that kept things interesting for me was ATS, LT was a step backwards. If they would release HT now I don't think I'd listen to it. It's a very good album but nothing compared to ATS. LT is safe mainstream pop, nothing ground breaking. I think LP is very talented but it's a shame their label descides what kind of music they have to make. Another ATS would keep me interested, but that's just my opinion :)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I don't think you can use ^when you still are technically a kid. And what Hybrid means is that Joe taste changes as you grow up. It's still possible with you.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't Joe about you, but my taste in music barely (if at all) changed in the transition from kid to adult.

Zane

Well Minus, your JOE wrong.

Minus

I think you're kinda Joever-reaching with that statement.

Zane

Joerry Minus. I'll never do it again.

Minus

Joe God, just stop.

ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Well I used to listen to Maroon 5 and bought one album from them, the only song I ever liked was She Will Be Loved but all their MVs sucks. Lyrics wise they're good and maybe a little bit better than Linkin Park however, LP always strikes at the heart for me :) I skip songs but I never delete them. But I forgot all about LP during Minutes To Midnight and ATS era, only bought the albums because it was advertised on TV, other then that, never thought of them at all lol.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Surprised to see these opinions on HT...

brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

This is why I have a 160gb iPod. I don't have to worry about deleting anything :) Finally people are saying LT was a step backwards!!! So disappointing that they took this step backwards. Anyways LP are a good band. Not the best or the worst. Simple as that. Take them for what they are!

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

Am I the only person on this board that loves Meteora to death?? :unsure:

Hybrid

I like it and it holds a special part in my heart.