Body Transformations

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Oct 24, 2011.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I know exactly what youre going through. Im seeing a therapist and im on meds to. Its easy to gain weight but also to loose it as well. I take it your body weight fluctuates? Cause mine does. We have a lot in common my friend.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It used to, it hasn't went up at all this year. Although, I do notice some days when I look in the mirror, I'm considerably more skinny than I was the previous day and whatnot. My arms look frail and my gut is non-existent, then it'll crop up again in a few days. I feel bloated sometimes, other times I feel like skeleton. It's definitely odd, to say the least.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

I've been using Nutrisystem since May and I'm currently down 22lbs from 167 to 145. I'm working towards 125 as my end goal.
    My university offers free membership to any of our 4 on-campus gyms so I've been making it a point to go at least twice a week. I focus mostly on cardio but I like to do at least an hour total of weight training every week.
    I was doing Insanity for a while after my failure of P90X last year but I found it was just too hard for me. I plan to attempt it again in the Spring when my muscle mass is back to how I was when I had my physical for the Marine Corps.
    For those of you who have been around as long as I have, you may remember that when I first joined here in 2005 I weighed all of 108lbs soaking wet. I was going through a very hard time in life (a teenager transitioning from junior high into high school) and I was not eating regularly then. I was TOO THIN for my frame and it caused me many physical issues and medical problems (all of which stopped me from being accepted into the Marines which was a huge blow to me).
    So all I can say is for those of you trying to lose weight, whether it's to lose a massive amount of body fat or just to tone yourselves up, stay healthy.
    It's not worth the "glamour" of being thin if it means you hurt your body. In the end, I went in entirely the opposite direction, gaining almost 100lbs and peaking my weight at 194lbs.
    Good luck, everyone. I will be keeping you all posted on any progress.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Just wanted to say, you are all awesome. This is a great community and I'm positive that everyone who realises that he wants to change is going to change eventually. Everyone totally has my whole respect here.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

My body fluctuates my weight regularly. Perhaps it is stress that is making me do this... I'm right now at 235. Two weeks ago I was at 247. Two and a half months ago, I was at 221. My body can't decide what it wants to do...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

A lot of the vitamins out there actually aren't even good for you because they use synthetic vitamins which the body can't even absorb. It's why you have to be careful which vitamin brands you trust, and also make sure you're eating foods that provide you with some of those vitamins *naturally*. Google "vitamins bad" and you'll see the pluses and pitfalls of using certain vitamin supplements. However; as with anything, consult your doctor to get the best advice.
    A lot of people have pushed for us to make threads like this. When Mr. Carlson offered to make it, I saw no harm in it...seeing as I'm on a health kick myself lately.
    Exactly. Amanda's advice is too important for anyone trying to lose weight. Do a diet you can handle...don't overexert yourself, and never try to starve yourself. It's a long known fact that starving to lose weight doesn't work. Your body needs fuel to survive, and by not eating your body grows convinced that it is starving to death and goes into survival mode. It slows down your metabolism so you burn less food, because your body wants to live as long as possible. The slower your metabolism goes, the less weight you lose until suddenly you can't lose anymore because not enough calories are being burned. Much like how running low on gas can cause damage to your car...running low on food can severely impact your health. Do not starve. Instead, find a diet you can handle, make sure you're eating at least the minimum recommended calorie intake per day, and exercise. You'll drop weight before you know it, and you'll feel better too.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I guess I'm kind of lucky in that most unhealthy food makes me feel like dog shit, so it's a little easier to avoid.

As far as dieting goes, the best way to approach it is to not even think of it as dieting. Just think of it as a lifestyle change. Calorie and/or carb counting is fine, but it isn't essential. Simply try to avoid processed foods and go for the fresh stuff and you're 90% there.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

This is pretty sweet seeing all these people tryin to get their body's back in shape, I know its something a lot of people struggle with. All I can say is diet and exercise, and I agree with Derek on the Flintstones Gummies (I take the sour).

I'm 6'2" at the 195ish range trying to gain weight. Since college I've gained about 25 lbs, which is cool and all, but I can't really dunk anymore. My bro kept saying he was gonna get bigger than me, and idk if it was ego or what, but I was like nah, and stuck to my workout more consistently. Which brings me to note this for anyone trying to lose weight, HAVE ACCOUNTABILITY! If someone else is dieting with you, or getting up early to workout with you, its sooo much easier if you're being pushed, promise.

Derek

Diet buddies are great. And oh yeah, one more tip...in addition to drinking lots more water, try drinking diet Green Tea as well. Green Tea has a lot of antioxidants and vitamins in it and is really good for your body and the diet version has less sugar. Tastes great too.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I weigh like 98 pounds :/ I want to put on weight but I have the most fucked up diet ever. I live on junk food, never eat breakfast and skip dinner quite often. I just don't feel hungry and I also get full up very quickly. I tend to lose my appetite when I'm stressed so I can never really maintain any weight that I end up gaining. I think my weight is ok for my height but I know I'm fucking up my body by eating bad food. I just find it really hard to eat healthy food!

I blame my mother.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I thought if you drink protein shakes without working out they make you gain weight.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

You might gain weight, but after the body uses the proteins it needs to repair muscle (which if you weren't working out there wouldn't be much), the protein would be stored as extra calories aka fat. Excess protein doesn't necessarily equate to lean body mass. Gotta have exercise.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That's what I mean. I could be wrong but I figured that if you wanted to gain weight that could help, as long as you don't go crazy on it and stay active enough to temper the effects.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Yessir I have a kind of a high protein diet, try to drink lots of water, and of course my nutrition class I'm takin helps a bit!

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I was kind of in a similar situation with regards to diet. I grew up eating really unhealthy food (lots of fried food), because that's what my parents ate. Hell, my grandmother used to cook her eggs in a pan full of fucking bacon grease. And I'm pretty sure the biscuits she made (American biscuits, that is) had lard in them. If it wasn't an unhealthy home-cooked meal, it was probably some equally unhealthy fast food.

Derek

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/f/GainWeight.htm

Here's something to help you out. Depending on your height you may need to gain at least 15-20 pounds, but you'll feel better after you do. Good luck!

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I need to lose weight too, but exercising is very hard on my body, I've had bad knees since I was a kid due to a bone defect and I've been in 4 car accidents since 2008 which have caused a lot of damage to my hips and back. I currently weigh just under 190 lbs and I'm around 5 feet tall. I am miserable, and it shows. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit, or that are even cute. Any suggestions on things I can do, I don't really eat carbs or sugar, I try to drink at least 5 glasses of water a day. I'm really at a loss as to what to do now.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Jen, I lost a lot of weight with counting calories. For some years I've been eating 1200 calories per day, 1400 is okay as well. I COULD have eaten 1600 without gaining weight, but less than that to of course actually loose some. For me it worked great because you can eat whatever you want as long as you don't eat pizza AND chocolate cake AND pasta AND..... at a day. You can, if you want, eat a pizza each day without gaining weight, but then you have to cut back on other food for that day.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'd make you breakfast in bed.

tROCKS24

tROCKS24 Banned

i am the exact opposite. i do love cooked veggies like brocoli, &carrots cooked with butter and Mrs. Dash-a seasoning. its deolitious. i gained a few more pounds lately because almost every time i eat a snacky snack, i am in the snackism era=having the case of the munchies. in my 6th.grade year all through out that year and the years before, i used to weight 90 pounds. now my muffin-top [a muffin top is when you weight much from your stomach--your stomach kind of looks a little or a lot big on you] looks bad on me :( wishing i stayed at those 90 pound days for a much longer time.

i do those dance cover videos to have fun losing weight esp. bellydancing. I've been working on bellydancing for exercises and me creating a coreography for an Uzbek [a request] video. But first i want to loose most or even all of the bad looking muffin-top so i can dance shirtless showing off my tummy [i will have on a swiming suit top for now. once my bellydancing skirt is done, i will get a matching tank-top for the skirt. a friend of mine is hand-making me a bellydancing skirt and i can't wait till its done :) yea

I weight close to an average with my age being 23. so i weight somewhere around 140-149 pounds and my height is a little over 5'6". its exact is 5'6" and 3/4ths inches, something like that.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011