Which Songs Will Have A Blackout?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by shadowofthehabit92, Apr 16, 2012.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

First off Crawling can GTFO. It's been cringeworthy to listen to for far too long now.
    Shadow of the Day and Leave Out All the Rest have been outdone live by the far superior Iridescent and Burning in the Skies
    Lying from You and From the Inside can be rotated
    Same with Papercut and Wretches and Kings (Why the fuck did they take that song off?)
    Breaking the Habit can also rotate with Numb (the latter for all the whiny little teenyboppers)

That alone leaves 4-5 empty spots on the average setlist they play. Plenty of room for the upcoming album. And I do believe they will drop most of the ATS interludes and possibly replace them with shorter intros, which opens up more time and spots for new songs.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Totally agree with Crawling!

But Numb, like I said before, should be dropped completely.

And I'd like them to start surprising people by playing songs we wouldn't expect to hear. They cater way too much to casual listeners.

Atticus

Numb SHOULD be taken off. But realistically speaking I think the best we can hope for at this point in time is for a rotation.

I'm all behind the surprise song idea though! There is no reason why they can't have a slot either near the end of the main set or beginning of the encore where they rotate in a random song for the hardcore fan base. They did it for QWERTY once, they should bring that concept back.

hybridsoldier1989

Totally. It would make sense to play something that they don't play at every. single. show. to dedicate to the fans who've been around for a long time (Papercut, I'm looking at you). A rotating slot for such a song would be great.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

What's a rotating song?

Atticus

A song that is played at one show, and then replaced by another song at the next show. Rinse and repeat.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

They're not going to drop Breaking The Habit, Numb or Crawling. Most people who go to concerts go specifically to hear hit singles.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

i agree, since they are changing their music, their singles are not going to drop, they still have the nu-metal in them when they play live because of still playing most songs from HT and meteora... but now that i think about it they dropped somewhere i belong so you never know.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I wish they would drop Crawling. I can KINDA see them doing it. Maybe. As far as what I think they're going to drop: Lying From You, Papercut, maybe NMS, and maybe Catalyst.

Also, they can officially remove The Requiem with the W&K speech, Jornada and Fallout, Wisdom, Justice, and Love, and The Radiance piano version after Numb now that the ATS era has ended. This leaves a lot of extra space and time for new songs and old songs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    Atticus

They have MORE than enough other hit singles that blow the crowd away to at least rotate the stale songs in question to allow other songs to breath. Besides chances are if you're going to see the band for the first time, you'll want to see the NEW hit singles, not decade old ones far past their prime.

hybridsoldier1989

They have dropped Somewhere I Belong. Why not Crawling and Numb? Both of those songs sound so TIRED live. Bleh.

Does anyone seriously think Crawling sounds good at all live anymore?

And sorry, but I highly doubt the majority of people who attend LP showS (yes, plural) need or want to see the same songs every time.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I don't want LP to ever remove The Catalyst :( I fucking love that song live.

TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

I like Chester's vocals in Meteora. He sounded the most badass in that album.