The Nightmare Before Christmas...Gone Emo?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Chris., Sep 3, 2006.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1539534/20060828/story.jhtml

Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Marilyn Manson, Fiona Apple, and She Wants Revenge are apparently contributing covers of Nightmare Before Christmas songs that are going to be included in the soundtrack for the re-release of the movie which is set to be out on October 20th this year.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

wait.....a re release of the Nightmare of the christmas..........THE...nightmare before christmas.....THE BEST movie in this goddamn world???

BOOYAH!!

Anti Hero

Anti Hero Member

That sounds so cool...

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

The soundtrack has the potential to be good. I'll definitely "acquire" it. ^_^

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

What Andrea said. Sounds like an interesting idea, if it's done well. Can't wait to hear it

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

This is just going to be even more reason for the Tim Burton fanboys (and girls) to completely overate the film and his work, and with bands like Fallout Boy & PANIC! doing the soundtrack, the fad is going to be even worse than it already is. I don't know about anywhere else, but for some reason, where I live, every teenager who is into this kind of music (and not in some cases) seem to be obsessed with Tim Burton, and I have no idea why.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

^ It's kinda the same around here, except it's more with the goth-type people than emo kids.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I agree completely, except I personally like the film (even if it seems hypocritical in this post). I thought the feel of the film was amazing, all the textures, the way the lighting is, the angles, everything. But as far as what you're saying, I agree completely. I'll be looking forward to the 3D version of the film, maybe not so much the soundtrack.

[EDIT] I somewhat take that back. I didn't read before that Fiona Apple was doing a cover. I want to hear that. And the Marilyn Manson one (I don't really care for him, but I think this could be really interesting).

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'll just delete the PANIC! and Fall Out Boy tracks. From the artists mentioned, those two are the only ones I have a problem with.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Sounds intriguing.

I just hope to god the P!ATD and FOB tracks dont suck. That'll make me pretty sad.

But Manson covering a song from a Burton movie?

Why hasn't this been done sooner?