LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

I guess its pretty much noticeable in: Lost In The Echo, I'll Be Gone, Castle Of Glass, Skin To Bone,

2. Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

LOST IN THE ECHO is gonna be a massive hit, I can see it coming! :D

3. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

I'LL BE GONE too! \(^ v ^)/

4. -NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

For those who are asking some good bass work, you've got to listen carefully the 2nd verse of In My Remains. Good job from Phoenix.

5. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Oh yeah. I was listening to it for the first time and I thought "wait, a cool bass line on an LP song? That's new!"

6. Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

Haven't heard that one yet! I've only listened to BID, LGM and LITE! I'm gonna wait till 25th! \m/

7. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

oh without a doubt! It sounds more Meteora than Hybrid Theory though but still....absolutely amazing!!

8. Schmo

Schmo Active Member

I just listened to LITE.

OMG.
    If the rest of the album is this good, we'll be in for a treat.
    Also, I cheated and skipped to Victimized for only about 5 seconds.
    I. Am. So. Excited. For. This. Album.

9. Yass

Yass Member

20 listens so far :)

10. pytt

pytt Self-proclaimed Genius

The only thing I am glad about, is the fact that they didn't make a trying-to-make-dubstep-or-related-type-of-music-style kind of album.

That would just be...no.

But hey, I like "Lies Greed Misery".

11. Mateo

Mateo Name is Mateo. I tend to Over Think It.

My favorite songs on this album have to be I'LL BE GONE, IN MY REMAINS, CASTLE OF GLASS AND UNTIL IT BREAKS(in that order). In my opinion theres nothing TOO special about LOST IN THE ECHO, don't get me wrong it's a fantastic song but i don't feel it. Also i would've liked ROADS UNTRAVELED a lot more if that dinging sound didn't loop throughout most of the song. Nevertheless this album definitely put me thinking of what they are capable of and how great Linkin Park is!

12. CJ Rodriguez

CJ Rodriguez Member

Damn straight

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'm so lost on this xD, after having more than a week without internet at home. I have to say that I got the leak, but I won't listen to it until official release, as I commented in the shoutbox..

Why did I download? because my album will arrive about 2 weeks after the 26th so I don't think I can wait that long.. Lol.

14. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Obviously it will be easier to hear in FLAC, but even in 320k it sounds really awesome.

15. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

LOST IN THE ECHO 10
    Explosive album opener. Very tight rap verses of Mike above great synthesizers (seems like he's only getting better and better). The chorus Chester sings sounds great, very catchy. People that liked Meteora will like this song a lot. The bridge has some amazing high screams by Chester followed by Mike rapping again and after that the chorus and again screams, amazing build up. The song has lots of energy and will be a favourite to many of us.

IN MY REMAINS 8
    Mr Hahn intro which is followed by a nice loud distorted guitar riff. This song could be perfect for a Dead By Sunrise album (the way Chester sings the chorus and verses). The song ends with Mike and Chester singing; 'Like an army falling one by one by one' above what sounds like military drums (if you know what I mean). Again, nice synths. Also sounds like it could be a Minutes to Midnight song. A nice bass riff by Dave in the second verse.

BURN IT DOWN 8
    Hear for yourself :3

LIES GREED MISERY 8
    Hear for yourself :3

ILL BE GONE 9
    Very nice synthesizes intro with handclaps followed by a powerfull distorted guitar riff. (I was really happy the distorted loud guitars returned in this album) Chester singing amazing vocals in the verses above some very nice violin, played by the violin player of Arcade Fire. The chorus is Chester singing above the distorted guitars, a very catchy chorus, great sing along song. Also sounds like some kind of Dead By Sunrise song to me (but better). Amazing energy.

CASTLE OF GLASS 8.5
    Hippy folkish song. Mike sings some great lyrics in the verses. The verses are somehow dark'ish kinda, though the chorus is more hopeful/hippy. This song could be a great summer hit. Special song, something you haven't heard before by Linkin Park.

VICTIMIZED 7.5
    The first thing you'll think while listening to this song would be; WHAT IN EARTH IS THIS?
    Very nice drums, weird trash electronics, some kind of weird speech of 5 seconds long, Mike singing afterwards, I can't explain this song. The chorus has Chester screaming; VICTIMIZED, VICTIMIZED, never again victimized!' which after comes a strange punk/nine inch nails guitar riff with Mike rapping on it. This song is just completely crazy.

ROADS UNTRAVELED 9.5
    After the agressive, crazy Victimized you're thrown into a Christmas atmosphere, what sounds like Christmas Bells, which is followed by Mike playing beautifully on the piano, very emotional vocals by Mike too. An amazing ballad song. When Chester kicks in with the harmony vocals you've just landed in heaven, two angels singing to you. Beautiful. The chorus is an amazing sing along. The only reason why I give this song a 9.5 and not a 10 is because to me it is kinda getting a little bit repetitive. But what an amazing beautiful emotional song!

SKIN TO BONE 9
    Like Chester said, these beats are just pounding in your face. What an amazing unique song. Both Mike and Chester singing again.

UNTIL IT BREAKS 9.0
    Fort Minor is back. Though it may also be reminded to When They Come For Me. Great rap from Mike above great instrumentation. Like someone mentioned; Mike sounds kinda like Nicki Minaj in this song. Stupid comparision, but it's kinda true. This song really gives an oldschool rap feeling. After the dark'ish feel of the song suddenly, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, there's this atmospheric instrumentation with BRAD singing on it. He sounds like some Holy Saint. I kinda laughed when he started singing, knowing it's Brad, he sings great though!

TINFOIL 9.5
    Amazing instrumental song. Influences from Ambient. It sounds like they use a screwdriver on the guitar, just like Godspeed You Black Emperor does that. Great song, short though.

POWERLESS 10
    What can I say? The perfect ending for the album. It really does sound like a song that fits in an emotional part of a movie very well! Very emotional beautiful song. ''You held it all, and I was by your side POWERLESS' Beautiful piano with a good beat above it. Chester sings extraordinary.

16. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Not judging by which song I liked the most but mainly for what people like nowadays in music...

The singles should be:

Burn it Down
    I´ll be Gone
    Lost in the Echo
    Castle of Glass
    Powerless

IMO...not in this specific order!!! These songs are gonna be BIG HITS!!!

17. 3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

& In My Remains please ! :awesome:

18. Schmo

Schmo Active Member

Until it Breaks. I simply have no words. Mike's delivery on it is just too good.

19. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

It was my 6th choice but I think will be only 5 singles max...

But I would trade Burn it Down for In My Remains any time of the day haha

20. 3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

hahaha

I would change POWERLESS (and use it just like promotion for the movie, that is promotion for the song too) and release IN MY REMAINS as single :D