[SPOILER ALERT] The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Oct 27, 2010.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Didn't Nolan say something about a bunch of new characters?
    I wouldn't wanna see Bane end the trilogy, especially after The Joker.
    Honestly, who could top The Joker in the general public's eye? Who's bigger and badder than Batman's arch nemesis?
    Shi, got me...

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I have a hard time believing this will be anywhere near the last Batman movie from Nolan.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Just watch the villain be a Nolanfied Penguin.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Fuck the general public. Cater to the DC fans.

Well I said it once, I said it again. Bane is one of the few villains to determine that Bruce is Batman. He breaks him down within a year and breaks Batman's back. He's such an intelligent SOB that Ra's al Ghul considers him among the same level if not greater than Bruce. He is probably the best fit for a villain in the DC Universe that would fit the Nolanverse bar The Riddler.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I don't think so. He did say they'll "be using many of the same characters" in Rises.

Topping something doesn't need to mean a bigger baddie, bigger explosions & more action. I'd imagine Rises will be as different tonally and story-wise from TDK as TDK was from Begins.
    But I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Bane.

“Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story,” [Nolan] said. “And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story.”

“I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters,” Nolan said.“My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling."
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010...ht-with-superman-we-have-a-fantastic-story-1/

travz21

When each movie will make over half a billion, I have a hard time believing there won't be more.

Minus

When you're Christopher Nolan, you stop making them when you say you will.

Because out of all directors out there, he's one that knows when to stop. Remember, he only started on the Batman series to get experience for Inception.

Sure, there will be more Batman movies. But not by Christopher Nolan.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Exactly. Warner Bros/DC are dying to make a 'Justice league' movie with Batman and Superman etc. So obviously when Nolan's retired Bats for good they'll be new casting and new directors.

Anyway, back to the villians... I remmber Nolan saying that he'd want to work with villians that haven't been on screen before.
    and from what hes told us already, they'll be no Riddler, no Penguin and most definatly no Mr. Freeze.

So I think like you've already said, Bane would be a good choice. So would Dr. Hugo Strange. Personally i think 'Hush' would be a great one for him to use. ;)

travz21

I know almost nothing about the comics, but if Bane is as intelligent as Bruce, plus that strong, how does he not just destroy Batman?

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I thought i was reading something about like Nolan saying there is a high percentage of Catwomen coming in and being Batman's love interest for the third one. I wouldnt mind another joker, like have Harley break him out of Arkham. Or do a arkham asylum movie. IMO i didnt really enjoy Heath's joker(please dont flame). Its wasn't the joker I grew up with and loved. So bringing in a new one i think would be okay, but i feel sorry for the actor who would because he would get hate like no other.

I wish that they would end the trilogy and start fresh with Batman Beyond. We have seen batman movies for the past 20 years and think its time to hang the cape up, and bring out a new story not everyone is familiar with

Minus

He does. He seriously turns Bruce Wayne into a paraplegic. The only thing is his strength is tied to this drug that's constantly being pumped into his system. It's basically steroids on steroids.

I'd suggest just reading up the wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_(comics)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BondVillainStupidity

Any time you feel like asking that question about any villain in anything ever, just read that page.

travz21

Lol. Good point. Except in this case the villain apparently didn't do that.

Minus

Yeah. Bane was stopped by a doctor that just happened to have healing powers to cure Batman. What a joke.

Dean

I was joking.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Dean

I think this should definitely be the last Nolan Batman film and it should end as such:

In a post credits scene, some timey wimey stuff happens and we find Batman in Soviet Russia. In a ushanka obviously.

[​IMG]

The screen fades to black and a message appears.

Superman: Red Son.
    Coming soon from Zac Snyder and Christopher Nolan.

Minus

Rumors abound that Nolan will be using CG and cut footage from TDK to give Joker a small cameo in TDKR. This'll only be with full permission from Heath Ledger's family. Seems a fitting way to send off the amazing character and actor along with giving the sense of continuity that Nolan is known for (see: Scarecrow in The Dark Knight).

And knowing Nolan, he's not going to milk it at all. It'll fit the story and not be disrespectful in any sense.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011