Mike Shinoda Discusses Direction of LIVING THINGS with NME

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Guys we shouldn't be judging an album that's not even out yet. Give it time, this is EXACTLY what happened with ATS. Chillax, and hopefully you'll find something you like on the album.

As for Meteora, I think its LP's best album IMO. I honestly don't understand how people can hate it, it evolved on HT's sound. Interludes, slow songs, deeper lyrics. Frkin hell, even flutes are in it!

And Burn It Down, IMO fits as a perfect single. Its catchy and easy to listen to. Basically for people who aren't really "fans" but casual listeners. Again, just putting my two cents out there...

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Not sonically, no. ;) The writing process might have been, um, organic, though

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I totally agree with what you said about Meteora

4. Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

I second that. And its not that I have limited diversity in my music taste that I love Meteora. My playlist consists of Usher, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Odd Future, Nickelback, Blink 182, Sum 41, The Goo Goo Dolls, Sean Paul, Shaggy, Coldplay, Maroon 5, D-12, Breaking Benjamin, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Eminem, Olly Murs, Adele, Meg Myers (thanks to Mike ;D), Saving Abel, The Script and many many others...

I just feel Meteora took the experimental sound from HT and perfected it with more meaningful lyrics and still had that metropolitan clarity about it... Hybrid Theory was definitely the more angsty album but they refrained it a bit in Meteora, in my opinion (though I still love HT ;D).

5. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Meteora had interludes? I don't recall this at all, but maybe it's because I haven't listened to it in years.

6. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

If you count Foreword and Session, then it did.

7. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

...no. No.

Did I mention no?

Come on. Foreward was an intro leading into Don't Stay, and Session was an instrumental song. There are no interludes in Meteora. And, there are no slow songs. I don't know what you're considering "slow", but by no standards are any of the songs on Meteora slow. Easier to Run is probably the slowest, and it still has huge power chords and aggressive vocals on it.

8. Blake

great music taste tbh. Usher, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Blink-182, Sum 41, Goo Goo Dolls, Sean Paul, Shaggy, (some) Coldplay, Maroon 5, D-12, Breaking Benjamin, (some) Drake, Eminem, (some) Adele, Saving Abel, and The Script are all great. I think we would get a long haha just based on music choices haha.

I've never heard of- Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs, or Meg Myers

I hate Nickleback and Tyler the Creator is overrated by Fank Ocean is my man. I love him (the rest of Odd Future is ok, i just dislike Tyler and really love Frank)

9. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Another big fan of Meteora here.

Although it was seemingly an attempt to recapture the same awesomeness as HT, you could hardly blame LP for doing so. We ALL know how great HT was, so as a fledgling band trying to make it in the massive world of music, they thought growing on the success of their previous album was a good idea. It was a decision that may have needed to be made, or they may not still be together and successful today.

10. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

I only give Meteora credit for getting me into Linkin Park.

11. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

I'm not saying that I consider those songs interludes, but maybe that's where the other guy was coming from.

YES! Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, I love them!

This. Except about interludes and slow songs. I think that Meteora is an improvement on Hybrid Theory, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You don't have to change your sound entirely in order to be creative. Almost every single band/artist stays somewhat similar to their original stuff. In fact, LP is probably the only band that I can think of to go through that drastic a change.

About BID, I agree. They won't release the heaviest song on the album, as it will only cater to people who like heavy stuff. This song, I think, is the best possible single. It has soft vocals, rough vocals, rapping, electronics, some heavy bass stuff, and catchy hooks and tunes. It is a casual but not simple song, albeit the perfect single.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  12. Geki

Geki >.

Me too. For some reason, this album sounds like it will be a more up tempo MTM to me. Which is a good thing, MTM was my favorite era.

13. Blake

MTM wasn't my favorite album but I love the era and the progression they did and i thought those types of songs were epic and i liked it better than ATS. great era and this album will be more up tempo which will be amazing

14. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I agree.

Instrumentally, the album delivered. Lyrically? It's a disaster; childish and watered down. Also, there were no interludes. Pure and simple, people dislike it because the content took away from the band's credibility.

It's catchy and easy to listen to, but I feel absolutely no passion from the track. A standard, unimpressive single that fails to soar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.