Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 or HTC One V

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by LPChris, Jul 17, 2012.

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Let me ask you tech-enthusiasts a question.

I'm looking for a dedicated mp3 player and I've narrowed down my choices to the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 or the Virgin Mobile HTC One V.

Galaxy Player has what I like (big 2500 mAH battery, expandable storage), but the screen is too big, it's running Gingerbread and lags, build quality is sub-par, and there are no audio enhancements.

Then I came up with the crazy idea to buy a prepaid phone and use it as a dedicated music player in airplane mode. The HTC One V has all of the features, Beats Audio integration, perfect screen size, excellent build quality, Ice Cream Sandwich, and a cool interface. Negatives are the non-removable 1500mAH battery and having to use it in airplane mode.

I'm skeptical about the amount of hours I could get from the HTC One V, though.

Between these two, which would you use as a dedicated music player and why?

Thanks will be given for any insight :nyan:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

If that HTC is anything like mine then the battery sucks ass. i would probably go with the mp3.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'd just as well buy an iPod. :lol:

LPChris

iPod touch is not an option for me, considering that it doesn't have the expandable storage feature :)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I suppose that's true. But I don't understand why people carry around their entire libraries in their pockets. I'd be so pissed off because I'd never be able to choose what to listen to since I'd have so much to choose from. :lol:

LPChris

I'm more of a "put my library on shuffle and listen to whatever", because all the music in my library is something I would want to listen to :)

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Why not the galaxy player 4.0 if you find the screen on the 5.0 to be too big? Sure it has a smaller battery but with a smaller screen it doesn't need 2500 mAh