Does our generation really "suck"?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Money Maker Mike, May 8, 2012.

?

Does our generation really suck?

1. No we don't. We're the same as other previous generations.

33.8%
  2. In some areas, we've gotten particularly worse.

37.8%
  3. Yes. We suck real bad man.

17.6%
  4. MOOOOOO

10.8%
    Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

This. Parents are going to make mistakes when raising a child, it happens. But at a certain point, people become self-reliant and can handle themselves; or rather, they should become self-reliant and handle themselves. That's what the problem is. Our generation is facing things that no others have ever faced, like the interconnectivity (just made that word up) of people from around the world with the Internet. What we're doing here is nothing short of incredible but it has become so mundane that people just complain. It's a generation of whiners.

[video=youtube;8r1CZTLk-Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk[/video]

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Well after watching that old woman getting abused by some little middle school fuckers, yes, yes it does.

Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

What worries me is that maybe this generation is no worse than the last, maybe due to the internet these kinds of things are shown more vividly even though it's always happened. I mean come on, going way back the crusades and the holocaust happened, the revolution in Russia/Tsarist oppression happened, the ruthless Viking invasions happened... Equally, just because there's more constant bickering, complaining and ignorance seen these days, at least great atrocities don't occur as often.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

This goes on for ages. Generation X always blames the new generations for all the shit.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

LOLWUT?

I've always placed blame on the baby boomers being lazy with their kids/wanting to be their friends.

My generation doesn't place the blame solely upon the generations who come there after, but even so things have gotten a lot worse.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

Each Generation has members whom blames the next arrivals for the problems, and everything being "different".

I think that worded it better.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Whenever it became a trend for parents to coddle and buy their kids everything their hearts desired (which was basically a movement) right before we hit an economic recession is when things went to shit. Those kids are going to grow up to be great cynics.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

They already did. That's why we have all these college and high school age libertarians running around all over the place.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

AKA: The Ron Paul-tard generation.

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

Yes. Finally I come across people who see it the way I do.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

Like me? :awesome:

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

Yep, just like you :awesome:

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

:awesome:

Codename Xero

Codename Xero Banned

It only sucks if you think it sucks... Unless it's sucking... In which case it's really sucking and isn't for debate..... checkmate.

But really no.

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I don't think we're worse. It's just that times change, and I'm sure this generation acts exactly the same as the old one, in terms to how the times were when they were young. ALOT of stuff has happened in the past like 30 years, internet, computers, cellphones and ALOT of other things..

Of course there are people in our generation that are "worse" but there were people like that when our parents, and grandparents were young as well.. It just seems worse for older people because they're not used to how we act, they're more used to how THEY acted, and because of the evolution/progress in society it's normal that they would think that.