How was your first Linkin Park concert?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by wolf95, Jun 18, 2012.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

They've never been in Hungary :(

jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I saw them for the first time 9 years ago today on July 4th in Michigan...Summer Sanitarium. It was an awesome show.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

It's hard to believe that Summer Sanitarium has been 9 years... Wow... The show in Chicago was the first time I met the band.

jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I know! Where has the time gone. Later this year, 9 years after I first saw them, I'll finally get to meet them. I'm quite excited.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

October 10th, 2010. SWU Festival. Itu. São Paulo.

FUCKINGGREATAMAZINGAWESOMEHOLYSHIT. Just it.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Sorry, thought they were.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

That's awesome! It will be a blast!

Dragonfly

Dragonfly LPA VIP LPA VIP

My first LP concert was at the House of Blues in LA this year (and the only one so far!). It was so freaking fantastic, though I was a bit nervous before the show started.

I got two tickets through the Share To Earn program (being in the top 100). What was crazy for me was I didn't know for sure if my friend, Matt, and I would get in or not. I had to drive ~ 1 hour to get to LA, and my friend was late since he also had to drive 1 hour+ from UC Berkeley during heavy traffic. All of this was for a slim chance for us to get in because I received no confirmation emails before I had left my house. We finally met at my friend's house and drove to LA (Matt wanted to drive his rental car so I didn't have to waste my gas). We got there just a bit earlier than 7:00 P.M. hearing the door opens at 7:30 P.M. After eating some hamburgers at a fast-food place, we rushed to the entrance.

The line was super packed. I had never seen any line like this before. It took us an hour plus to get to the gate. I had a chance to meet up another LPA member, iamsatan, and it was pretty cool. I was so afraid at the gate with a thought if they don't let us in then all this waiting would be for nothing. But luckily, the lady at the gate asked for my name, punched it in, and I saw it popped up on her iPhone! My friend and I was so happy to go through the gate with the people there giving us the wristbands and the awesome tickets (they were holographic tickets too!).

Then after a bit of some more waiting, the band came out opening with TINFOIL, and I could feel the energy in the small and intimate venue. Then Faint started and everyone was jumping like crazy. We didn't go there that early so we had to stand all the way in the back. There was this one lady behind us that didn't want to get stepped on so she kept pushing us back. I didn't care much and kept rocking out with LP on all the songs. I could sometimes see Mike and Chester looking at my direction and thought they were singing to me! It was so intimate and cool :D My legs somehow didn't feel tired so I kept jumping and jumping with my fists up high on the air. I moved around a bit to get a better view of the band. The whole place was shaking, and I was also from the inside ;) I was finally able to see them and better yet for free with my friend :) The show ended with the fantastic BIO/Sabotage mash-up.

I was so happy that I got this chance to see LP live, and it was one of the greatest moments ever. I hope to see them again in the future. After that show, I even got my friend Matt to check out LP stuff again. He wasn't a hardcore LP fan since the ATS release, but he seemed amazed after seeing LP live.

To summarize this post, I had a blast in my first and only (so far) LP show. Definitely would like to see them more in the future since they seem to put out such amazing live shows every time. Thank you, Linkin Park.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I can't believe that. It would be bad joke gold for lptv :lol:

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Stop reminding me that I never went to one yet! :badmood: lol

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Exactly.

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Best Buy Theatre (NYC) in 2010, it was a small venue, very good performance it was on the ATS release day (US) It was also the show Wretches and Kings debuted. It was the second show I went to in my life. The first being DBS in NYC in 2009. I couldn't make the show in 2008 unfortunately, and I wasn't a 'fan' until late 2007.
    Very good performances. I was shouting and jumping the entire time haha! Was awesome.

LP 2010
    [video=youtube;F24GmPLlBr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F24GmPLlBr4[/video]

DBS 2009 (The joke he made was really funny haha, to me at least)
    [video=youtube;TvwAFSJVUZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwAFSJVUZY[/video]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

July 22, 2008 - Projekt Revolution 2008 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I sang ever song at the top of my lungs. I had a fucking blast. We also have awesome seats!

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Oh man. I can't believe it. I remember being a silly teenager and asking my dad to go to sum sam. And then getting rejected because it was too far away (or maybe because I was "too young?"). It can't have been that long ago.

My first real show was the 2004 Meteora World Tour, Sacramento. After (still being a teenager) nearly passing out during the meet and greet, the band went to play a spectacular show. Mike and Chester really felt like talking to the crowd and cracking jokes that night. They brought someone up to play Faint like they did a lot in those days. They played Breaking the Habit and that was totally my song back then. That also would have been when playing that song was a new thing and I wasn't quite expecting it. Chester didn't have his eye surgery yet. It was also my first show. I am so bummed there are no existing recordings of it.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I unfortunately missed the tickets for the UK ATS Tour concert i could go to last year. But I'll definitely will be seeing them this year! Can't fucking wait, and I get early tickets from the LPU so.. Will be going!

Geki

Geki >.

I've been to 11 LP shows and a couple of DBS shows, plus a FM show, and my first LP show was probably the best. My first show was at Bamboozle in NJ in May of 2007. I got a meet and greet for that show and got my original HTEP signed by the entire band, and the band was really cool and talked to me and took pictures, etc. The show was also fucking amazing. It was before MTM came out and they played Runaway for the only time on the entire MTM/ATS tour at this show, it was also Chester's son Tyler's first LP show. Pretty awesome. I had a lot of fun. This was also the only LP show I have been to that I actually got knocked down at, during Faint. I even lost my shoe, but surprisingly found it after the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj4CtUT6vWs

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'm very, very, very, very jealous of you...

jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

My LP first concert was in 2003 with Metallica. Best show ever. Nothing can top that.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

My first was the Chicago date of the MWT. And it was taped. To anyone else listening, that recording of With You is another with you, but for me, as soon as the guitar kicked in my life completely changed.

Toronto 2011. Best time of my life. I lost my voice for days and nearly failed the Math test the following day XD