Headphones.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by wakadoodle, Jun 11, 2012.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

I just had a talk with my dad's friend on phone, he said Seinheier is great.
    But I also need those Headphones for my neck too..xD

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Hey, fuck the Solo HD's they suck. Go for the Beats Mixr's, best headphones ever. Period. I'm not exaggerating, they pratically are perfect and have the NEW controltalk, opposed to Solo's. And you can twist the earcups so you can hear people talk while you listen to music.
    There's loads of other features too: Get them, you can't go wrong, i've had mine for a couple of weeks now and they are just too good.

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B6497&cat=1

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

TomD

TomD Well-Known Member

I'd buy Bose or Sennheiser, better audio quality, Beats are overpriced.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Bose is one of the masters at being overpriced

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Klipsch and AIAIAI headphones are always brilliant.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

audio-technica. Response levels seem to be equalized. Zane helped me out on this purchase. But yeah Senns are boss as well.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I don't what model they are but I just bought a pair of relatively cheap panasonics. Excellent bass and the frequency response is slightly less than my old senns.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Im using a Sony MDR-V500DJ in the booth. Average quality cheap good for beating around and djing. Not home/studio quality though.

TomD

TomD Well-Known Member

Yes they are a bit expensive but you get quality in return, they also have the best noise cancelling the industry. Sennheiser has superior audio quality.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Sennheiser HD650s changed the way I enjoy music, and changed the way I engineer and mix music. In the last two years that I've had them, my critical listening has improved incredibly (aided, in part, by just how revealing and detailed the HD650s are) and I am a better mixer for it. I've also come across a number of magazine reviewers (Sound On Sound for example) and a number of working professionals (including Mastering engineers) who rely on HD650s for their headphone monitoring. I've never read a bad thing about them, and I very rarely see any other products compared with them (occasionally some AKG K models).

Please excuse me, as I could discuss audio gear all day. In short: Sennheiser HD650s are beautiful.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I have quiet comforts and the bass is insane and I cant hear shit around me. I know a lot of audiophiles dislike Bose but I have to say I enjoy some their products.

I dont have that model (I have the 595's) but imo Senns rule the can's industry. The clarity is amazing.

TomD

TomD Well-Known Member

I have them too, they're awesome!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I currently have one of the lower end Sennheisers (HD429's) and they sound fantastic.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

I have to buy one someday. In Brazil they are VERY expensive. :/

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I had senns and lost them (fucking expensive headphones to just up and fucking lose BTW) and what I didn't realize about them is that they're not very bassy. Didn't really know the difference between studio and personal until then. So if your looking some straight badass headphones sennheiser might not be the best. But for studio none better. Had the HD280's.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Yes, this is definitely a good point. In my opinion, my Sennheiser HD650 headphones give me a very accurate, faithful recreation of music, with a relatively flat, even frequency response, but with that said, they won't be the bassiest headphones you ever hear. This works fine for me - I love bass, but I like it even and in proportion with the rest of the mix.

If you want super loud, low, rattle your skull sub, probably look elsewhere (some in-ear phones might provide this, due to the fact that they actually make a physical connection with your ear canal to aid the bass response).

On a slightly unrelated note, yesterday I tried my friend's "JBL On Stage" iPod dock, and I was astonished at how good such a small set of speakers sounded. I've never really used an iPod dock, the last one I remember using was tinny and cheap sounding (like bad laptop speakers). This was pretty astonishing. I'm considering buying one to use as a reference for playing mixes on.

I Like Cheese

I Like Cheese Well-Known Member

For non-noise cancelling, go with the Koss Portapros. They may leak a bit of noise, and they have no isolation, but you can get em on Amazon for thirty or forty bucks. Sound quality, IMO, is better than Beats Solos and rivals many $100-$200 headphones. Furthermore, they come with lifetime warranty AND are from a trusted manufacturer, in fact the company that invented the stereo headphones. They're pretty highly regarded in the audiophile community.

http://www.koss.com/en/products/headphones/on-ear-headphones/PortaPro__Porta_Pro_On_Ear_Headphone

voiletdavis54

voiletdavis54 New Member

I've been using Sony WHCH710N gaming headphones and these are one of the best headphones I've used. One of my friends suggested me these headphones for under $150. If you want to go with this I'm 100% sure you will not regret it.

Mok Lew

Mok Lew Member

I'm using Xbox wireless gaming headset. It's flexible and lightweight to use.