Linkin Park v Radiohead

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Minus, Feb 6, 2012.

?

Linkin Park v Radiohead

1. Linkin Park

79.4%
  2. Radiohead

20.6%
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I disagree, they had the one album that ranks big time but other than that they're kinda meh

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^ Pretty sure both OK Computer and Kid A are considered by the mainstream and critics to be among the best rock albums. But you're free to disagree of course, I know a lot of people that don't like pre-Kid A Radiohead at all.

op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

25 to 6?.. am i the only one that thinks that is ridiculous? Then again, i doubt half the people that voted LP have even properley listened to Radiohead.

Simba

Simba HEREEEE'SSSS JOHNNY

radiohed ftw!!!11!!one! lickin pork is trribl!!!!eleven!!1!

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Why people who thinks LP is trribl come here anyway?! *grumbles*

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I vote neither. They both suck in their own way. Where is the third option?!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    mohandas_gandhi

mohandas_gandhi Banned

Radiohead cant even sing

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You've since edited your post to hide what was originally said, but the original comment said "people who vote for Radiohead are homoes" which is a direct violation of the rules. Please do not do it again.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Even Crawling is better than this:

I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doin' here? I don't belong here.
    Ooooooohhhh Sheeeeeee's running out agaaaiiiin!! Sheeeeee's running out she run ruuuun rruuuuun ruuuuuuuuuuunnnn!!
    RUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!

Although I have to admit, post-OK Computer Radiohead is more hipster material than, ew, Linkin Park.:rastamike:

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I love both but I like Linkin Park better.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The bias in this thread is extraordinary :lol:.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You're doing what LP haters are doing. You're pulling out the worst lyrics from one of their most annoying songs and claiming it as their best. That'd be like me summarizing Linkin Park as:

I WANNA HEAAAAL I WANNA FEEEEEEEL I WANNA SLIP ON A BANANA PEEEEEEEEEL SOMEWHERE I BELOOOOOOOOOOONG

When both bands are obviously capable of doing better.

Completely different and a very provocative song. I'd do the same with Linkin Park, but I'm sure you already know.

In other words, you're being just as dumb as critics of LP saying they sound the same on every song.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

There's no such thing as bias in something purely subjective, lol

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I like Linkin Park

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

The reason I probably like RH alot is that their not afraid in creating some really dark & experimental songs. Their not all "happy" and "upbeat" like most mainstream music nowadays. Nor do they don't stick to "safe" chord progressions like Coldplay does. An Johnny Greenwood is a incredible guitarist. listen to "jigsaw falling into place" great chord progression, guitar arpeggios and vocals.

Though I agree, Thom Yorke's vocals can be "whiny" at times. But I blame that mainly because he's British :lol: same with Muse, Elbow, Bloc Party, Biffy Clyro. All GREAT bands, but their vocalist's can be hard to bare whenever they sing in upper octaves! :trollface:

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

It's not that uncommon of an opinion, actually. I've heard a lot of older Radiohead fans trash their post-OK-Computer stuff.

As far as their music sounding too artsy, I think that's kind of overblown, honestly. For the most part, Radiohead's music isn't that unconventional. They just have a different approach to writing pop songs. Aside from a handful of songs on Kid A, Amnesiac, and the King of Limbs (and by "a handful," I mean 2 or 3 songs per album), Radiohead aren't a difficult listen. In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief are worth a shot if you like their more traditional stuff. At worst you'd probably just find them boring. :p

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Radiohead? OK Computer and Kid A? Pffffffft. Overrated garbage. Meteora is timeless.

[video=youtube;kXYiU_JCYtU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU&ob=av2n[/video]

you see that video? THAT's a modern classic. people will look back on that video and say, "wow, slap my titties with a monkeywrench, Linkin Park were geniuses." Notice at :28 how the girl couldn't answer the teacher's question because she was too busy drawing? This symbolizes the artist. This makes her feel isolated because she's, like, totally embarrassed, and at :33 the girl sitting on her left points and laughs at her in what might be one of the best moments in music video history. She can't answer her teacher's question because she was distracted by art. This tells us that artists are stuck up and don't have time for nonsense like learning.

At :53, all the other students break some sort of time/space barrier and reach warp speed, while our artist protagonist just sits at her seat. Look at the way she bows her head in shame. The tension is palpable at this point. This shows us that art slows us down from reaching important scientific discoveries because seriously how did those kids move so fast? She's probably wondering the same thing. Ignorant artist.

At 1:00, she bumps into another girl and falls down some stairs. This is the most symbolic moment of the entire video: Art blinds us. If she wasn't so disillusioned by her classroom doodles she wouldn't have gone blind and bumped into that one much hotter chick. This same sentiment is repeated at 1:23. Look at her mother. She gesticulates like a fucking boss. Someone who uses their hands THAT much must have something really important to say right? Well artsy chick wouldn't know, because now she's deaf.

1:40, she sits down to eat lunch, and the other girls get up. She's turned invisible. Same shit happened to the Gorillaz, I think.

Is it not obvious at this point? Linkin Park has proven to us that art makes us unintelligent, blind, deaf, and invisible. Which is why they are better artists than Radiohead.

...I'm 99% sure that's where I was going with this when I started typing.

Minus

[​IMG]

somebody

somebody Banned

Jokes on you, I was also being sarcastic.

Moving on......... I never really got Radiohead. Some songs from like Creep are good but I really dont get the rest. I have tried to listen to Kid A several times but it just sounds like a random mix of sounds to me. Where have I gone wrong?

Minus

I think the shorter, more manageable list would be to list where you've gone right.

Also, breaking the rules is a great way of being sarcastic. And by great, I mean horrible. And by horrible, I mean 'keep doing what you're doing! You'll definitely prove me wrong once you're banned.'