Slipknot

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ChuckCheese, Jun 30, 2012.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

That's ridiculous. Vol. 3 is probably one of the best metal records of all time as far as lyrics go. Vol.3 and all hope is gone are lyrical masterpieces.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

LOL.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Let's remember how there's a rule about respecting each other's musical tastes...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

My apologies.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Lyrical masterpiece? :rofl:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Ok dude, instead of making a total assclown of yourself, give me something better. Make an actual point.

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

;o you're mad

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Can we just discuss the band and music? If you don't like them, feel free to say so and why and we'll all discuss. If you do like them, awesome, let's talk about it. No need for this thread to become full of attacks against each other for no good reason.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The next person to say anything disrespectful about anyone's taste in music or say anything that will purposely kick off an argument will recieve an infraction. You've all been warned so I suggest if you don't have anything to add to this thread relating to the topic then don't bother posting anything.

As for me, Slipknot are one of my favourite bands. Their live show is literally one of the most intense and amazing experiences you'll ever witness. Their dedication to the show is second to none and I don't think any other band out their puts anywhere near as much energy into their live act as they do.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Screaming is not my thing. I don't consider it an art form nor music. And they sound the same to me like a banshee about to die. I love melodic singing and enjoy the Slipknot songs where the vocalist actually uses his voice to sing. There is a quality in his voice that i like. As a drive-by listener, i have fun with them.:cool:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I actually agree with whoever said: Guitar -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> Useless scream -> End

They are a bunch of clowns! One of them actually dresses like a clown... I listened to like 10 songs by them and I hated every single one of them from the bottom of my heart.

ChuckCheese

This made me laugh solely because yes, one of the members is actually a clown.

emptyspaces0

emptyspaces0 Hunter Eats Hunter

Slipknot has been one of my favorite bands since "Iowa" came out and I was like 6! Besides that, they have some really good albums. "Slipknot", "Iowa", "Vol. 3", and "All Hope is Gone" are fucking kick ass! Joey Jordison makes me wanna quit drumming cause he's very talented. I'm definitely seeing them live sometime in the future.

It's pathetic seeing all this bashing of other people's musical opinions. If you don't like this band, great but if you have to make a smartass comment every post, you obviously are just making an ass out of yourself. Sorry if my grammer sucks.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I've felt the hate rise up in me, kneel down and clear the stone of leaves. I wander out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed.

^nothing wrong with that if you ask me.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Slipknot is awesome. When I was like 14 I used to hate them even if I have never really listened to them. My best friend was a fan and I used to tell him "It's barbarian screamings, it's not music trololol". Then some years later I listened to it without any preconceived stereotyps. I'm a fan since then. The screamings associated with the instrumental give tat f*cking brutal feel, some might hate that, but for me it works perfectly.

But the dudes in the band arez sometimes weird. Like I remember reading something about Corey Taylor recording the last track on Iowa while being nacked, vomiting over himself, and doing other weird psycho stuff. I guess it was to be in the right mood....:lol:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Corey Taylor is widely considered (see: 'widely', not 'unanimously' one of the best modern frontmen in rock/metal. Any suggestion that he can't sing/carry a melody/stay in key shows a pretty poor understanding of music. Dislike him, that's fine, but you cannot say he can't sing.

Also. Listen to Snuff and tell me he can't write lyrics.

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

great band they've got one of the best drummers(you know who he is). then on guitars they've got mick thompson and jim root(a deadly combo of guitarsts) ,corey(an awesome frontman)....and the clown....and still there are some members left ;)

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

I said that.

ChuckCheese

Their live shows are the most energetic I have ever seen from any band. They're completely nuts, and it's damn impressive to watch them still lose their shit and bring it after over 13 years of doing it. They put on a damn good show, and I can't wait to see them on Mayhem Fest in a week.