Has LInkin Park sold out?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by PT37, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Didn't read that wall of nonsense, but isn't taking a huge departure from the sound that got you more than 20 million album sales the exact opposite of selling out? The band had perfected the formula on radio-friendly nu-metal. They could have continued cashing in on that check for the better part of the decade.

Evolving as a band and pushing creative boundaries has come at the expense of airplay (slightly) and fans (majorly). Seems to me like the band just wants to continue challenging themselves creatively instead of worrying about album sales or popularity.

People are stupid.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

1) Are you seriously enlisting this forum to help you sound smarter in an argument with this guy? I'm just curious how much of our responses you're reposting.

2) Any band worth their salt in the public world has sold out dozens of times. The Beatles were the very definition of sell outs and that unleashed their creative genius on the world. Linkin Park absolutely avoided going down with the Nu Metal ship, if they'd stayed with it they'd be in the same place as Korn and Limp Bizkit—where are their tracks on the billboard ratings now? Any objective listener of Linkin Park's music today will admit it is of a wholly different quality than their earlier work and anyone who's giving them shit for not being nu-metal is experiencing some sort of early mid-life crisis.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I love all your posts.

As for the guy on the other forum, Hybrid Theory sold 10 million units in the U.S. alone. Linkin Park has been a mainstream band since day one. Mike Shinoda loves electronic music, you'd know that if you bothered keeping up with his personal blog. He makes music like that because he enjoys it, regardless of current mainstream appeal. Is the timing maybe not the best? Sure, I'll give you that. But don't mistake his intentions.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Implying liking their Xero material is something to be proud of.

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

:facepalm: Almost TEN years later and idiots like this still can't get over the fact LP changed their sound? This makes me question the future success of the human race. I'm willing to bet the squirrel I saw in my backyard earlier today is smarter than at least half of the human population that currently inhabits Earth.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

This. So hard.

And their change in sound wasn't that drastic. The band has had some growing pains, but their evolution has been smooth for the most part. Some of you guys act like they went from playing death metal to polka.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Lol at "techno", and saying that the music they make now is like what's popular now. Only time I have heard an LP song along with pop artists was when WFTE was a single. And that song isn't exactly pop. Sounds like an angry 14 year old.

PT37

PT37 Well-Known Member

No, just wanted to show you guys this guys post. I could really care less.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I don't know what to say, everything has been said, so, just:

:facepalm:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Staying with their original sound would be selling out.

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

I will personally poop on any person's face if they say that Linkin Park has sold out. Linkin Park has done the exact opposite.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Way off topic here, but if that's you in your sig I'd let you poop on my face.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Add "I love you" and "Fuck you" to that list then, as well. :p

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

is this guy the ultimate troll or what? If it wasn't bad enough him calling QWERTY "Behind your lies", he had to go on to say that burn it down - the most mainstream song off LT - is the only redeeming feature on the albums. Jeeze, when will these people just disaper? Either like it or GTFO

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

There is nothing mathematical about that statement. And there is no such thing as the "hardest of fans". And changing their style here and there and mixing things up will cause them to loose some fans but they also attract new fans with each new release because an album may not work for one person, but it will be another person's favourite album.

This is more of actual reality than anything written by that sad person.

Condescending much? I could say the same thing about you in terms of their first two albums and that genre with a dose of nostalgia. It is very possible to like every single album Linkin Park makes without it having to do with idolizing. It's not the end of the world if Living Things doesn't hit that spot for you. It doesn't make you better than the person who every album does hit the spot for them.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

In the context of everything they've said, the fact this person considers "Burn It Down" to be the new album's "saving grace" is, like, :lol:

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I smell a troll. :trollface:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Go and take a shower, then.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

If you want to talk about "selling out," which, in my mind, is compromising the music for moneys sake, then Meteora is the only album LP "sold out" on.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Sellout = Hybrid Theory Part III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.