LPA Monthly Mix-Up August: "LOST IN THE ECHO"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 5, 2012.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

AUGUST 2012

But first, for those who don't know...

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is a new and ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we here at the LPA will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month" with the next round of competition starting the moment the winner from the previous month is chosen. To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner"

So, How Does It Work? (Official Rules)
    In order to make the contest more interesting and more challenging for those who enter, every month we will be posting a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to be considered for feature on the site. There will be no limitations on key, BPM or length (so go ahead and make a 10 minute entry!), but each submission MUST adhere to the genre (or genres) provided by us to be eligible for the competition.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible.

[Note: Including the above graphic in your submission (as either soundcloud album art, or somewhere in your youtube video) is a requirement. Failure to do so will make your entry unable to be considered in the competition. ALSO IF YOU USE SOUNDCLOUD, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNLOADS OF YOUR TRACK AS WELL AS EMBEDDING.]

ALSO ALL ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETELY ORIGINAL, AND MAY NOT CONTAIN BACKGROUND MUSIC FROM ANOTHER ARTIST. THIS IS YOUR OWN WORK, APART FROM THE LINKIN PARK VOCALS.

To keep in good standing with Warner Bros Records, The Linkin Park Association will NOT be providing links to legit instrumentals/multitracks at this time (due to licensing/copyright restrictions), so it is the sole responsibility of the entrants to obtain the files needed to create their entries. It is possible (and very easy) to find these tracks via a search in Google, however; to protect ourselves we will not be hosting these files until we one day hopefully receive permission from Warner Brothers to do so.

How Can I Enter?
    Easy! Just upload your submission to Soundcloud/YouTube following the rules above, and submit it via a reply to this thread. One month from today's date (September 5th, 2012) we will go through every submission and pick our favorite(s) for feature on the front page of the LPA. We encourage everyone to submit their entries (regardless of technical/musical/vocal proficiency) as we really would like this project to become something that every fan feels welcome to become involved in. The staff here all agree that the music community for Linkin Park has for the most part (apart from official competitions) gone completely unnoticed, and this is our way of giving attention to fans out there looking to get their talents heard!

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of AUGUST 2012 is:

LOST IN THE ECHO

(OR IN SIMPLER TERMS: ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH LOST IN THE ECHO)

For the first time ever, we are challenging you to remix/reinterpret a song that does not have an official acapella. Different from a "Free-For-All" month, this month is all about doing whatever you want (INCLUDING MASHUPS) to Lost In The Echo. You can make a whole new song sampling Lost In The Echo, mash it up with another song, or if you really want to be creative make a whole new instrumental track based around Lost In The Echo. All that we ask is that you use Lost In The Echo in any way shape or form. You can even do a mega-mix if you want. The choice is yours. We don't give a fuck.

Yes that's right folks, you read correctly. We're not imposing restrictions on you in any way, the only requirement is that you include LOST IN THE ECHO. The genre, BPM, length, style, theme, ideas etc...is all yours to choose! An instrumental is out there, so you just have to search. Here is your chance to show off your true talents, by taking bits and pieces of the song and making your own. Good luck.

Also, because of the delay in this starting, this will run until September 5th, with the next theme starting on September 1st to allow people a head start on the following month.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I'm gonna do this.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Oh Decay...:D

A completely new song with one beat of Lost In The Echo :kappa:

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

So, self-played and stuff is allowed too? I may sing? :lol:
    If yes, I'm in.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Read the post: everything is allowed. :lol:

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm in, for the remixers
    BPM: 60 / 120

Anne

Eh, I read it. Usually what I asked isn't allowed though (at least most of the time), that's why I just wanted to make sure.
    However - yay!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Zane

Are you going to rap too Anne? :lol:

Anne

that's the only thing i'm gonna do. i quit singing.
    :lol:

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

eminem and lp mash up

Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member

I've already made my remix, It's just really baddly suffering with the acapella I have. I don't suppose anyone has a good almost clean acapella.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I will try to make an acapella

Zane

You're only going to rap Chester's parts :lol:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Not sure if I'm going to be doing anything this month, but I'm still looking forward to what comes out.

Yaseen Alam

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I love it! Using a Xero inspired instrumental with a hint of In The End (normally I'm not too impressed by this song). As soon as you can get a hold of the acapella, I hope you'll do the proper touch ups to make it perfect! :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

One question. You said that we can do mashups. But, only LP... What about Fort Minor, it's still Mike's vocals?

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Yaseen Alam

Thanks, I have the entire month to find/make one. It just sucks that something good I made suffers alot just because of one track. I think the "In the End" bit you are refering too is actually the mini song "Lockjaw" which was made post Minutes to Midnight. That was most of this song actually, and the Fuse track was just the begining.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I actually didn't notice Lockjaw seeing how I haven't heard it in years, great use of it though! The track didn't suffer greatly, you can still here how the vocals and instrumentation fit perfectly, but it could drastically improve with an actual acapella. Again, good job to you!