Is there any LP album you personally can stand fully behind?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jun 28, 2012.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Me too, i tweeted during the listening party, the first time I heard this lyric I felt it was about the band and the LP family around that, I really stand behind this band 100%

If i had to pick one album it would prob be A Thousand Suns. Because that's the most complete album, as in if you want to listen to an album all the way through rather than just a complete set of songs then the way it blends is amazing.

I'm not a million percent sold on LIVING THINGS yet, it's the first album they have ever done that I think has perhaps a few weak tracks on it, but it is an extremely good album with some real gems in there!

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I will stand behind ATS until the day I die.

brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

First of all what is a perfect album? I think we'd all have different opinions on that so could there even be a perfect album if everyone's idea of one is different?? Lol
    ATS is the only LP album I play front to back when I'm around my friends who love hip hop or dub step. When WTCFM and W&K come on there in aw. Robot Boy is a favorite among them to believe it or not. ATS isn't a Kid A or Dark Side of the Moon to the music industry in how it was a revolutionary album, but for LP themselves, it was. It was their masterpiece that proved to me they can do anything. What they need to accomplish next IMO is that revolutionary album like Kid A.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

Hybrid Theory FOR SURE!

Something about that CD just pulls me in every time I hear it. I'm always blown away...Even after 12 years of listening to it nonstop.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

THIS x1000. What they need to do is make that groundbreaking, awe-inspiring record. I hope with all my heart that it is their next one. :)

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

A great album SHOULD make you embarrassed to play in a room full of people, because a lot of people don't like music that isn't single material. A lot of people also don't like different or weird music. Or at least they won't be accustomed to it right away. I know I'd be embarrassed to all hell if I played NIN's "The Downward Spiral" or The Mars Volta's "Frances The Mute" in front of a group of people. It's absolutely brilliant song writing and musical composition, yet it's so different that I know that the majority of people there won't enjoy it and think I'm crazy for not playing Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift.

A great album should be polarizing and make people think. I think A Thousand Suns comes closest to this, but I still wouldn't stand behind any LP album. The potential is there, they just haven't realized it yet.

theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

First things first, The Mars Volta is awesome. Secondly, you better believe that no matter what I'm listening to, whether it be LP or Mark Lanegan, whoever is around me will hear it. Music to me, which ever genre it may be, is meant to be played loud so you can hear every detail of each and every song. So I guess I always play my music for a 'room full of people.'

Anyways, I agree, music should make people think and people should look at you like 'what in the hell?'

I know that was more rambling than a complete thought, but take from it what you will. Its 1am here, so I'll probably wake up and look at this and wonder 'what the hell did I write?'

kazekyou

kazekyou 持ち上げて、解放して

Add another vote for A Thousand Suns. While the initial impressions from critics and fans alike were "EWW NOO GIVE ME LP2000", my first reaction after listening to it front to back was, "YEP. I TOTALLY GET IT. LAWD ALMIGHTY. WOW."

The fans and critics complained about the lack of ye-olde Linkin Park; they were there, just heavily disguised by the electronic sound walls of "When They Come For Me", "Wretches and Kings" & "Blackout". They complained about the lyrics; okay, so LP aren't the Shakespeares of music, but try telling me, "I'm swimming in the smoke, of bridges I have burnt. So don't apologise, I'm losing what I don't deserve..." isn't one heck of a line. And they complained about the lack of good old' decent, radio-tunes. Try telling that to "Waiting For The End" and "Iridescent".

They did all this (for me), and it was all wrapped in a package of apocolyptic themes (as opposed to "woe-is-me", "I hate everything" mindsets of albums past), incredible landscapes of sound and DAT ALBUM ART.

ATS is THE Linkin Park album I can really get behind.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

THIS 1000000000000X

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

A Thousand Suns. I actually prefer LT to it but I have no (or would have no) qualms with playing ATS in front of my snobbier music friends just like I would have no problem playing Arcade Fire or Radiohead in front of them. It's LP's most ambitious album by far. I fully stand behind ATS despite knowing that it isn't a "perfect" album.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

No. Why should I be embarrassed of great music? If the people I'm with don't like it then that just means they have shitty taste. The fact that other people have bad taste in music isn't something I'm going to be ashamed of.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    mastae

mastae Some Honky

Exactly. I play NIN stuff all the time and people (mainly girls) will tell me it's shit, and I'm like FUCK YOU THIS IS AMAZING and blast it louder.

Whereas if I play What I've Done and someone is like "This is top 40 garbage," I'm usually like yeeeeehhhhhhhhhh...

kwill

kwill Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give any LP albums 10/10, but Living Things and Reanimation are both very close.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

A Thousand Suns without any doubt. I force-feed it to people when I drive them places (subtly, of course, not telling them what they're listening to) and most people have had it grow on them. It is the album that to me defines what Linkin Park could do when they effectively try to reach their creative potential. I love this album to death and I can stand fully behind it.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Minutes To Midnight. It's by far the most underrated album Linkin Park has released.

There's no need to stand behind A Thousand Suns and Living Things. Those albums are fully capable of speaking for themselves.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It's not my favorite but I agree it is LP's most underrated album

shinformant

shinformant Banned

They're all flawed to some extent. But that's cool. Not everyone can be Bruce Springsteen and come straight out of the blocks with five great albums.

Actually, Brooce had at least six or seven, come to think of it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

ATS is the only LP album I can fully enjoy. I can really enjoy almost everything from Reanimation and 3/4 of LIVING THINGS. From MTM I stand asolutely behind the second half of the album. And HT was the album which got me into LP so I can enjoy it here and then but not always. On Meteora I really only like Breaking the Habit anymore. Faint is not that disturbing too.

Geki

Geki >.

DEFINITELY MTM. I love absolutely everything about that album, I went through so many things in my life listening to that album, I even took a vacation to LA which is on the exact opposite of the US just to be able to step foot at the ''Houdini House'' that LP recorded this album at. This album helped me through my first real relationship, from the very beginning to the shitty end, it helped me through senior year of high school and graduating and growing up, it helped me with the death of my grandfather who was like my own father to me, it helped me through so many things in my life. I love every single song on the album. What I love the most about the album is the ''organic'' feel to the songs, and I love the lyrics the most. I know Chester went through a lot during the making of this record, so maybe that is how I connect. Not sure, but it's definitely my favorite LP album and I fully stand behind it. I've also been an LP fan since 2000 and bought HT in 2000, and bought their records every time since 2000, so I'm not one of those people that got into LP during MTM. So there.

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

This. ATS is BY FAR Linkin Park's most ambitious and creative album. I remember listening to it the first time and just about every moment of every song was completely unexpected and I could not stop smiling the entire time the album was playing. I don't think LP has quite met their FULL potential yet, but ATS is as close as they have been to it and it will be very difficult for them to match it again. ATS for life!