LPA Monthly Mix-Up July 2012: "BURN IT DOWN" Free-For-All

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

After a tiny hiatus, it's time again to show us what you're made of, as we gear up for another edition of...

[​IMG]

JULY 2012

But first, for those who don't know...

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is a new and ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we here at the LPA will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month" with the next round of competition starting the moment the winner from the previous month is chosen. To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner"

So, How Does It Work? (Official Rules)
    In order to make the contest more interesting and more challenging for those who enter, every month we will be posting a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to be considered for feature on the site. There will be no limitations on key, BPM or length (so go ahead and make a 10 minute entry!), but each submission MUST adhere to the genre (or genres) provided by us to be eligible for the competition.

Users must submit their entry as a reply to the this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. All SoundCloud submissions must feature THIS GRAPHIC as the album art, and likewise all YouTube videos must contain the aforementioned graphic in some format with the words "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry:" appearing somewhere within the video/soundcloud upload title. This is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions so that more submissions can be made possible.

[Note: Including the above graphic in your submission (as either soundcloud album art, or somewhere in your youtube video) is a requirement. Failure to do so will make your entry unable to be considered in the competition. ALSO IF YOU USE SOUNDCLOUD, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNLOADS OF YOUR TRACK AS WELL AS EMBEDDING.]

ALSO ALL ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETELY ORIGINAL, AND MAY NOT CONTAIN BACKGROUND MUSIC FROM ANOTHER ARTIST. THIS IS YOUR OWN WORK, APART FROM THE LINKIN PARK VOCALS.

To keep in good standing with Warner Bros Records, The Linkin Park Association will NOT be providing links to legit instrumentals/multitracks at this time (due to licensing/copyright restrictions), so it is the sole responsibility of the entrants to obtain the files needed to create their entries. It is possible (and very easy) to find these tracks via a search in Google, however; to protect ourselves we will not be hosting these files until we one day hopefully receive permission from Warner Brothers to do so.

How Can I Enter?
    Easy! Just upload your submission to Soundcloud/YouTube following the rules above, and submit it via a reply to this thread. One month from today's date (August 1st, 2012) we will go through every submission and pick our favorite(s) for feature on the front page of the LPA. We encourage everyone to submit their entries (regardless of technical/musical/vocal proficiency) as we really would like this project to become something that every fan feels welcome to become involved in. The staff here all agree that the music community for Linkin Park has for the most part (apart from official competitions) gone completely unnoticed, and this is our way of giving attention to fans out there looking to get their talents heard!

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of JULY 2012 is:

BURN IT DOWN Free For All

(OR IN SIMPLER TERMS: YOU PICK WHICH GENRE TO DO!)

Linkin Park built it up, now it's time for you to break it back down and give us your best entry for this month's LPA Monthly Mix-Up: BURN IT DOWN! Yes that's right folks, you read correctly. Using any genre you like (with the exception of mashups), create your own amazing remix of BURN IT DOWN for entry in this month's competition. Entries must contain all original music, and may not sample or use the background music of any other artist (although you may use instruments from BURN IT DOWN if you wish). The only requirement is that you remix BURN IT DOWN. The genre, BPM, length etc...is all yours to choose! With last month marking the release of LIVING THINGS, and multitracks recently making their way to the internet due to Linkin Park's Formula 1 iPad app, we thought there would be no better way to celebrate LIVING THINGS than making BID the focus of this month's competition. Here is your chance to show off your true talents, by remixing in a genre you feel most comfortable with: your own. May the best remix win!

Sounds very tempting...

Synx

Synx Member

I know they said that it has to be either soundcloud or youtube....but my remix got taken down :(
    Can I use another source?
    :)

LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

I'M IN!!!!!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We'll make an exception here.

For everyone else, I'd recommend NOT putting the song title in the tags, description or title. If this becomes a frequent thing where every entry gets taken down, we'll just change the song and extend the competition. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

EDIT: Nevermind, Derek just helped me out. :awesome:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I'd totally make a remix along the lines of the RAC Mix, but I'm shit is this stuff.

Synx

Synx Member

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I almost forgot about these

thejman483

thejman483 Member

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

FINALLY! :D HAHA
    now i can prove that i practice hardcore!
    I'M IN!

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah
    I'm in!

omin0us

omin0us Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat...

Do we have the right to submit more than one remix? Because I have one at 90%, but I have few more ideas for remix...

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

As far as I am aware, you can only enter once, but you can substitute a remix for a another of your own if you'd like to.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

And so, the awesomeness returns!

Don't know if I'll enter the contest but who knows!

omin0us

omin0us Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat...

I'll upload the one that I already got and if nobody likes it I will try to make another :chuck:

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z290jI9vd_k&feature=plcp FIRST TRY

SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

where can we find all the previous winners entries??

EDIT: great work from everyone so far, particularly loving the dirty mix :)

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I'ma do one now :)

Paolo

Paolo Well-Known Member

I'm in! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.