KoRn To Release Song Based On Video Game

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Oct 23, 2007.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Source: IGN

silve2

silve2 Banned

Awesome. I can't wait to hear it.
    I'll for sure be buying this though,
    not trying to download it! :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yay for Johnathan Davis sounding completely fake in his statement about the song. I know what fueled his decision to record Haze, and I can certainly tell you it wasnt the game itself. More like something thats green and has some presidents on it. How pathetic. KoRn has officially sold out in my eyes.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Derek, no offense, but I highly doubt you know Jon Davis personally and honestly, how can you say he sounds fake from reading an interview? Especially when his statements include exclamation points which would lead a reader to believe he's genuinely excited about it.

EDIT: Jon's said many times that he loves video games including Tom Clancy games.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I don't really like any of Korn's new stuff, and this sounds like it would be cheesy.

By the way, nice avatar Hellflame :D

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Derek you keep using the term sellout about various bands including some of which I greatly admire including Metallica and now KoRn. The fact is that any band you listen to that is signed to a mainstream record label could be branded a 'sellout'. The term is downright ridiculous and I hate the fact that it's over used. It's also painfully hypocrital that you'd brand KoRn as sellouts in the negative way that you did when you yourself claim several mainstream artists such as My Chemical Romance as your favorite bands.

Jon Davis has always been a great fan of video games, in fact a few years ago he had plans to create his own video game so saying he's doing this song for money is completly irrelevant, unjustifed and unfair. It seems as if he has a genuine love of video games and while I think it's a little odd that himself and his band are creating a non-album song for a game, it's entirely up to them and not exactly unheard of. Jon's half brother Marky Chavez released 'Immortal' during his time with Adema to coincide with the release of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and even enbeded footage from the game into the video for the song.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Out of all the things KoRn has, done this registers kinda low on the "sell-out" meter. I really don't like the music that KoRn makes anymore, but Johnathan Davis always came across as a sincere fan of videogames to me. I think the whole See You On the Other Side fiasco was the biggest sell-out thing they've ever done. Haze actually looks pretty cool, so I don't see what
    the big deal is. *shrug*

Derek

Okay, maybe I was wrong to assume he was doing this for money but I just really havent favored KoRn since Head left the band. It seems that ever since that whole KoRn Gave God Head debacle (and yes, I said it like that on purpose), Korns whole musical intergrity has gone downhill. I havent really appreciated a KoRn album since Take a Look In The Mirror, and to me that is saying something. However this is a pro KoRn thread and therefore I will exclude myself from it because I wouldnt want people saying this stuff about my favorite band.

Please mind the lack of apostrophies. I am on that proxy again.

Ant

Ant Ambient

That would be because KoRn is experimenting with their musical style. If anything, that is the antithesis of selling out, Derek.

It's amazing how some bands like Breaking Benjamin or Incubus can make a song for Halo, and it's "OMG, AWSME, MAE FAV B@ND + GAME 2GETHER!1!111!", but when it's for a game no one's heard of, the band's selling out.

FYI: Haze is a game being developed by Free Radical, a group of ex-Rare employees who made Goldeneye and Perfect Dark (the original). They made the TimeSplitters series and a couple of other good games. I would be amazed if Haze sucked.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Even though their last two albums weren't great imo (the last three if you want to go back before they began to change more drastically), at least they're finally trying something different for the most part.

I like Timesplitters but I've never been a big fan. Haze has potential, though.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

hrm that's strange I don't like much by Korn other than what's on See You on the Other Side and Untitled. interesting story, nonetheless.

Derek

Never expected to get so much heat for saying they sold out. Never mind, I take it back. :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm pretty sure two other prominent bands made songs based on video games. I think they're called Breaking Benjamin and Incubus. I could be wrong, though; I'm bad with names.

-edit-
    Wow, that came off pretty rude. I didn't mean it to. I was trying to be funny. I guess that failed, if I recognized it before anyone else did.

silve2

silve2 Banned

Ant said that a few posts before you! :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I must have read right over that when I read his post. Now I feel even more stupid.

silve2

silve2 Banned

Don't feel stupid for that, feel stupid because YOURE A BROWNS FAN!?! :lol: jk.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Actually I think they're Breaking Incubus and Benjamin. :lol:

Anyways, can't wait until Breaking KoRn release this song! :blink:

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I'll listen to this.
    SYOTOS wasn't bad as far as I'm concerned, especially as they had just lost a member for the first time.

The Untitled album is amazing, so if Haze is in that vein I'll be happy.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

It's the whole labeling thing these days, say a band is selling out or is emo and everyone's on your back. There are many other words that will get you a bad name aswell. I'm sure you would know this though.

I hope it sounds good. Is haze an fps?

I was thinking as I read the title post, 'oh yeah Adema did this as well', and then later i remembered jon is mark's brother. They must be real gamers.

EDIT: By brother i mean half/step brother, sorry.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member