Metal Hammer's "review" of LIVING THINGS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by KaPOWitsCHRIS, Jul 22, 2012.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm so glad Linkin Park has saved me from such narrow-mindedness. I'm embarassed to know that I used to think like this. Not negative over Linkin Park but to anything that wasn't metal. This was before I even heard of Linkin Park.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    Geki

Geki >.

Never really was a big fan of ''metal'' but I did like tons of nu-metal music when I was younger, but around 2005/2006 I started to appreciate better, more softer music, as well as experimental music. I got into a lot of bands that were on PR07 and then once MTM came out I shifted to a more alternative type of music that I liked. Then once ATS came out, that made me appreciate SO many different types of music. Reggae, electronic, country (even though nothing on ATS was country) and many other styles of music. Once LT came out, I also started looking up folk music, and I actually kind of like it. I am happy LP saved me from becoming like these ''metal-head idiots'' that we all know and love. I do know people who like death metal but also appreciate other music, but the amount of people I know that like metal and act like this reviewer surpass that. I would hate to be so tunnel visioned that I only listened to one specific type of music. But who am I to judge, I'm just happy that I am open with many different types of music. Thank you, LP.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

The one thing that completely destroyed his credibility to me was how he said he hated Hybrid Theory, BUT he was excited for Living Things because it was hyped up as an album that goes back to their roots. Contradictory much? By the time the actual review started I had closed the video.

And his statement that Linkin Park has nothing "metal" about it's nu-metal sound isn't entirely true. Chester's aggressive screaming would fit right in with heavy metal.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Stopped reading at "Metal Hammer's 'review'"

"Metal" and "Linkin Park" should not be discussed together, ever. There was a slight metal influence in Linkin Park's earlier work, that's about it. I don't know why exclusively metal publications/reviewers/fans keep involving Linkin Park in their stuff. Do they review Passion Pit albums too now? Perfume Genius? Because bands like that have about as much to do with metal as Linkin Park does.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

His interview, while comically over the top, wasn't nearly as ignorant or cheap as a lot of you keep saying he was. He addressed some problem a lot of people (including LPA members) have with the album, he just addressed them with insults and mockery.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Insults and mockery is ignorant and cheap.

I'm sorry, but it is. These things have no place in reviews meant to be taken seriously.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I agree with a few things he says about the record, but I don't really agree with him in dismissing their whole discography (which he pretty much does... just rambles on about how all their albums are shit).

He brings up some good points, but he could do it in a way where he comes off as more professional.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I like how he bashes at everything, such as the album title, without knowing what's behind that.
    Also, he said Hybrid Theory was pop and then complained on the "woahs" and said they should be a rock band. :facepalm:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I was fighting with this guy for half an hour on YT.... :facepalm:

And they're at it again

[video=youtube;rE28qUSqKnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE28qUSqKnk&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I find it funny how most of his hatred for Linkin Park lies with their success. Since they are a "big band" and they are signed with a big record label, it is like he has to hate them. That throws all of the subjectivity of music out the window if that's the way you are going to view music. If there was a band, other than Linkin Park, that made the album, I still would like it. Would this guy? I mean, I know it isn't what a metal head would listen to, but I do believe he would have gone into listening to the album without such a negative bias. Furthermore, he talks about taking stabs at "Victimized" and some other songs and says how "you're wealthy and famous so shut the fuck up." What should the band be writing songs about then? Butlers and Rolls Royce's? I mean seriously... Bad shit happens to everyone. Having money doesn't make everything all rainbows and unicorns.

Unfortunately, the "Nu-Metal" label will always shroud what Linkin Park is about. There will always be asshats like this that feel like they need to compare Linkin Park to Slayer.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Close-minded metalheadz.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Summed it up right there.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just another example - the worst kind of example, really - of someone who feels they have to explain the whole "Linkin Park" thing to their audience. Always ruins reviews for me.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Not gonna watch. It'll only make me rage! :lol:

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

How is this guy different from the thousands of youtube reviews from everyone and their mother to their dogs?

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Dude pretty much said it himself. They're a bunch of petty twats with an opinion. What's funny is that he almost sounds frustrated by the fact that Linkin Park are a generally respected band. Suck shit cunt, none of your hate makes a difference, LP will continue to make whatever music they want to regardless of whether you think it's the worst shit you've ever heard. And it will sell. Lots.

I bet it hurts their hearts to know that.

And that makes me happy. :alf:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Chester would fit fine in with a lot of metal bands that are out today, or even in the past, and not only fit in, but do a better job.

Chester made Home Sweet Home 100 times better than the original.