Exclusive New Album Details: Chester Talks to Kerrang! Magazine | Full Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Of course they don't; the comparison I'm making is in popularity man. HT is pop. ATS rebels against pop.

2. lpkilljoy

lpkilljoy Well-Known Member

:dino: RAWR!!! craving for some delicious linkin pie :headbang:

3. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I understand that everyone wonders about what it's going to sound like, but the over analyzing of quotes that have been taken out of context just gets boring and a bit annoying.

You can't expect their opinion on what they're doing to stay the same, whether it's Chester and screaming, or any band member and what the album is like. Time changes everything.

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

The confusingly shitty part is that there are about 3 different widely used definitions of "pop".

There's "popular", "pop" as in music theory/composition-wise, and modern music that borrows elements from different genres to appeal to a wide audience.
    Funny enough, HT/Meteora are considered pop in all 3 definitions

5. op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

+1
    I hate it when people say that Linkin Park went "mainstream" or "sold out" with ATS, and think that just because their first two albums had lots of distorted guitars and screaming vocals instantly makes it not pop or mainstream. I mean, how the fuck can a band that was ALREADY mainstream sell out? It doesn't help with the fact that ATS is easily LP's least pop album. But then people seem to think "OMG this has no guitars and is all electronic bullshit so it must be pop". Really pisses me off to no end.

6. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Every time Linkin Park attempts to describe the sound of their next album babies are eaten.

Next time they describe their sound they should do it through some form of audio used to put sounds and noises together in a sequence that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody and harmony. Though, I just don't know what that could be.

7. Dara

Dara Well-Known Member

Yes. LPA is the only place where fans say HT & Meteora are not welcomed. And even stranger than that, they say Meteora is rubbish!

8. Albiin Dio Ibrisevic

Albiin Dio Ibrisevic Use the toolbox Luke...The toolbox!

You know what? ..You made me register bcs of this.You guys on LPA are the only one that can ruin the hype on a massive album such as this one.The album will not be NOTHING AT ALL as HT or Meteora ..It will sound almost as ATS but it would have electric guitars in some parts..Something like "Iridescent" but Faster.. Sheesh ..And I can't believe I found fans that don't like Meteora,many good songs came from there . I know that there are people that don't like LP..But if you don't like the album at all..Your not a damn fan . They did their hardest and owned . I wanna see someone else do it better. Not to mention a former NU metal band now being Former pop band? You guys are really one of a kind.

9. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I'm not even excited.

10. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Where did you guys come up with this stuff?

We welcome all sorts of opinions, and no one is ostracized for sharing an different opinion here. It just so happens that many fans have grown out of the angsty teenage-anthem nu-metal stuff. That's their opinion. Others clearly haven't.

Everyone's going to have an opinion on where the band should go in terms of the sound of the next album. However, no one's opinion makes them "more" or "less" of a fan. We're a passionate fanbase and there's going to be varying opinions, but don't characterize our entire community based on the fact a portion of it leans a certain way concerning their opinions on the band's musical progression. Thank you.

Furthermore, Albiin, judging by the different comments we've heard from each band member about this album, I don't think you or anyone else is in any position to start predicting what the album is going to sound like. So sit tight and reserve judgment until we actually hear something.

Sorry, it's just frustrating to hear inaccurate and unfair things said about our community.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You obviously haven't checked this thread. ;)

12. 21stitches

21stitches Member

Linkin Park is like a box of chocolate, you never know what your gonna get!

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I agree with Mark. It's getting extremely old to hear incorrect characterizations of our community thrown around by people who have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. We are not "anti-old Linkin Park" on these forums. Hell we made this website during Hybrid Theory ten years ago didn't we? If we didn't like that sound, why would we have made a fansite to give respect to that sound ten years ago? Get real. This is now the second time Dara that I've seen you say something about our community that isn't true, and it's getting old. You have no clue how this community really is, and if you'd actually research farther you'd see there's plenty of people on here who like older Linkin Park. As for those who don't? People are allowed to say they think Meteora sucked. They're not any less of a fan if they don't approve of a previous LP record. We welcome all fans here, and the next person on here who tries to accuse us of being anti-old LP is getting a warning. We're pretty sick of people coming on solely to trash us when they don't know anything about us.

14. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Welcome new people here is fine but quit calling them sell-outs! I'm sick of that!!

15. kenob

kenob Member

That exactly that i don't like to read. I listen every style of music and Heavy Metal is probably my favourite. You know i can say the new LP is adressed for teenage girls, It's the same thing. Songs like Step up or papercut are more mature than Valentine's day or Leave out all the rest...

16. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I love all of the band's records but Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns are the only ones that seem to have really pushed the bands creativity to a maximum. I feel the general sense of Meteora and Minutes To Midnight was caution so not to lose popularity which is counter-productive if you ask me. If you're constantly bound to the idea that in order to be successful you must stick to what you know and never stray into unknown teritory when it comes to ideas and creativity, then you're never going to progress as an artist.

Truth be told I'm slightly worried that the band may have regressed with this new record. It's way too early to judge it (seeing as no one has heard it yet), but I think A Thousand Suns was the perfect album because they wern't afraid to push the barrell, something that on Minutes To Midnight, at least for me, they failed to do even though the album was branded a radical step away from their old sound. Hearing that they've brought alot of their old elements back just screams out "we surrender" to me. I hope I'm wrong but we'll just have to wait and see.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I give up. Really.

@Kenob: No disrespect intended, but do you really think that a song about hearing voices in your head, is more lyrically mature than two songs that deal with death/coming to terms with your mistakes? I am really not trying to be mean to anyone (really I'm not) but I can't understand the logic of some of the ATS/MTM haters in this thread. Some of the things that are said just make little to no sense at all.

18. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Hahaha that's the funniest thing I've readen in ages. Valentine's Day talks about the loss (the death) of a person that you possibly were married with and Leave Out All The Rest about self-redemption. Step Up has style but it serves only to rock your mind without much of a profound sense (see I'm not saying is worse, just made for a different purpose) and Papercut, as much as it can refer to some adult people too and has a catchy rythm and stuff, it still cannot be compared to any song made since MTM for the simple reason that there is an incompatibility of genre and lyrical argument. And to say is more "mature", sorry but you've chosen the wrongest word of the vocabulary right there.

19. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

we all still like lp's nu metal songs but most of their fans are now outta their teens and can no relate to it any more..thats to say that that music had its time....grow up dude.

20. MrNumNums07

MrNumNums07 Member

I know i'm like two hundred posts behind conversation here, But i for one cant wait to hear this damn album!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.