'The' Eminem Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ThaHandyman, Feb 19, 2011.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

This forum needs one. His crossover appeal is insane, lately the dude has been on fire, and he deserves it. Doesn't rap about money, or being the best, though he might be a little bit crazy. His guest verses are emotionally charged and thought provoking. I haven't always been the hugest fan, but post-Relapse he's pretty much my favorite (especially in the absence of Andre 300).

This thread is for thoughts on him, and new songs, and opinions. I'll post some recent leaks, and hopefully continue to update this thread! The leaked stuff is crazy too. Maybe I just listen to too much rap, but enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzTMnD9RF_A Deep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9qHcErwic Straight A-Listers circa '07
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu_tc8tTev8 Reference track for Dre
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VWFIolUmVs just straight LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYY3Dri7xw G.O.A.T.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I will check him out at Bonnaroo just to say I've seen Eminem, and so I can see some of the classics live and in person.

But, other than that, Eminem hasn't been relevant to me since the Eminem Show. A few good songs on each subsequent album, but only a handful. I can't stress enough how much I loathe current day Eminem. This is one of the few times that I will say an artist should get back on drugs, because, fuck, he was so much more entertaining when he was rapping about mushrooms and his brain falling out of his head.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

He was tripping balls on Encore and Encore was ass.

You know he's said he just lied about all the drug use and never really did anything hard until the Eminem Show days right?

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Dude 90% of Recovery is him saying how good he is and how he's recovered :lol:. And the rest are cringe-worthy cheesy relationship songs.

I don't know if it's the drug or what, but he can't rap like he used to before. On most of his recent stuff he just tries so hard to flow crazy, while completely disregarding other key factors that make a song like emotion, lyrics, delivery etc. And speaking of lyrics, most of his punchline driven stuff since Recovery are cringe-worthy. It's just sad to see him having to try so hard. It's Eminem... this shit should be second nature to him! But lately whenever I listen to him it's like I'm listening the ghost of Eminem rap. He sounds so clunky and oddly uncomfortable these days.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

i didnt listen to a whole lot of his old stuff,but ive always been a fan. Maybe its just cuz i feel like i can relate to his new stuff a lot more. I loved hia verse in Love the Way You Lie part II. I think he tears things up on the emotional and lyrical fronts, Despicable (posted above) is insane! Maybe i need to listen to his older stuff more,but all I know is I love his new direction.

btw whatever yall did with this site its so much easier on iPhone now thanx!

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Finally, an Eminem Thread. I love all of his songs new and old.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Don't like Encore and most of what I've heard from his past two albums.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

the slim shady & marshal mathers lps were incredible. sadly, everything else he's done has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I remember being eight and asking my mum to buy me The Eminem Show - she wouldn't even buy me the censored version :/

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

i loved the way he lied ;)

Encore is the fucking pits.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

lol

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't get why Encore has such a bad rep. Personally I thought it was one of his best albums...I even prefer it to Relapse and Recovery.

TannerWolf

TannerWolf It's High Voltage, You Can't Shake the Shock

I only like Love the way you Lie and Not Afraid

My first reaction to an Eminem music video - EMINEM IS WHITE??!!??1!?

Blackee Dammet

The Marshall Mathers LP is overrated.

Very, very overrated.

What say you guys.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I thought Recovery was decent, but not by any means a masterpiece or good enough to win a Grammy...which it did.

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

I don't like all the songs on any of his albums, but I like the others enough to still call myself an Eminem fan. I will admit that the amount of songs from each album that I like has dropped with each new release.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, and The Eminem Show is underrated.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

My favorite song that he's in that's at least somewhat recent is Renegade for sure. CUZ IMMA MOTHERFUCKIN RENEGADE :awesome:

Agreed.

To be honest, I don't really like Relaspe and Encore (Although I love some songs from them, such as like toy soldiers and beautiful. Beautiful is one of my favorite songs hands down). But Eminem did really do a "Recovery" with his last album. He's older now; oviously his voice and his flow will be different. Just like Mike Shinoda for example; his rapping style is alot different than 10 years ago. His lyrics are top notch again; just in a different way.

He's the best living rapper in my opinion, hands down.

Blackee Dammet

It really is. A lot of people say it's a step down, but I think it's great to hear what he has to say from his honest point of view and not through the alias of a screaming cartoon character talking about chainsaws and drug binges and murdering his wife.

I mean, it's great, it's fun as hell, but there's just so much of it at once it gets ridiculous.

edit on a related note I just listened to Kim for the first time in years today. can't believe I was ever impressed by that.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011