30 Second Preview of BURN IT DOWN Released By Sonic 102.9

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Everybody's always trying to put a label on this sh*t. There ain't no label for this sh*t. They always gotta try to put a label on it , try to create something so they can water it down."

2. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

ATS was by far the most unique sounding experience I have ever listened to musically, unlike anything I have ever heard. Inititally it caught me off guard, I was in shock... Even tho, the way ATS sounded, the slow-driven, melancholy, synth, elctro, lack of guitars, I knew it was going me personally, it would have to grow on me, and I was right, it did.

I have been those fans that have said I would love them to get more heavier, no, I'm not a metal head, I listen every genre, everthing from 50's to today, but there is something special to me about the rawness of when Chester and Mike go back in fourth the way they did in prior records, I know HT and METEORA are evil on these boards, there's so much hatred that I don't understand but... My point is, ATS grew on me, when I listen to HT and METEORA, it pumps me up, and I am hoping some of the new "untitled" album does the same. That is all.

3. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

i shouldn't have got dragged into the genre argument, i don't believe in genres anymore. thank you, brothers, for allowing me to see the light.

moving on, i don't know if this was brought up but after the chorus he says "the colours can fade..." which matches the start of the second verse on the rip, so does that mean the rip is the entire song, and that the song is 3 mins, or that they just chopped it up later on in the song?

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Well, for what it's worth, I cannot get the chorus to stop playing in my head. I also don't classify Linkin Park as a rock band, a pop artist or any of the like. Their music, simply put, is Linkin Park. That's what I have gotten from them over ten years ago, and that's what I am getting from them now. Their track record of making music that I love is pretty solid, and I fully trust them to keep doing it. Growing and maturing with the band is something I've learned to do. It makes enjoying their music that much better. Furthermore, in my journey in Linkin Park fandom, I've also learned to not give one fuck about what people think about the music I enjoy. I've learned that I don't have to be what people think I am. I don't have to fit the mold of a "Metal head." I don't have to be a "Rocker." I can just be me. That makes me happy and so does their music. No matter what direction it may take.

5. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

I guess it was chopped up after the second chorus in the LQ rip.. It felt disjointed.. But, who knows?

6. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Only one song and Linkin Park gets termed pop... I really have nothing to say.

I think some people are just like that. Always hearing but never listening.

7. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It sounds so...dancey. I like. :D

8. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

this

9. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

You are amazing. Seriously.

10. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

This shit blows. Everyone else loves it. Even non-fans are digging it, but goddamn this is some weak shit right here.

11. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Mind if I put "I think some people are just like that. Always hearing but never listening. " as my sig?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  12. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I'm slapping the next person who calls ATS a mainstream pop album.

13. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

OK guys, THAT'S WHAT MUSIC IS. For some of us, Linkin Park is Rock, for some its Pop.. Hell, some guys would even say that they are a techno-dance act.. BUT DOES IT MATTER? NO! What matters is, we are all fans.. This is a useless debate which will go on till eternity with ALL bands.. Don't waste ur precious life fighting about it like kids.
    Peace.

14. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

And I'll be slapping the other cheek with ya :)

15. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you, Anne. :blush:

16. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Can't wait for the full song! This clip sounds awesome. :awesome:

17. AkirraKrylon

It is possible, but the low quality rip sounds super chopped up at some parts. Chester's singing just gets completely cut off at some points, so it's hard to tell. I think it'll clock in around 3:30-4 minutes.

18. AkirraKrylon

View attachment 4234

edit: double posted...my bad >.>;

19. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Exactly my thoughts. Very well put, sir.

20. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Linkin Park have always said their music is a genre on its own.
    I have to agree - they give you so much to choose. Want Heavy Rock, Alt Rock, Nu Metal, Dance, Pop, Melodies, Rap Rock, Hip Hop and the Rest - they got it.

Without sounding like to much of a Fan Boy the best thing about this band is their Talent - Each Guy has an bucket load of talent. So No song is a simple Rock Song or Dance Song or Ballad. Listen Carefully and there is always depth.

There music gives you to really awesome things everytime - want a kick ass track to listen to, then every song they make is like that. 2nd Want a song that has meaning, depth and soul - every song they have does that.

What more could you want?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.