Official Nintendo Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by LinkinJunior, May 15, 2005.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

they previously announced it was going to be free. The quote is somewhere in this thread infact. [/b][/quote]
    Well, in the article that LJ posted, they mention that specifically.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

Amen to that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing, and using all the NextGen consoles. But Nintendo has always had a spot in my heart. With all the new features in the Revolution I'm anxious to see how it will sell. Another thing is the back catalog thing. being able to dowload and use the oldschool games from NES and SNES will be awesome. but i have had a question to all of this: What will be the price for any of the NextGen consoles?

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Amen to that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing, and using all the NextGen consoles. But Nintendo has always had a spot in my heart. With all the new features in the Revolution I'm anxious to see how it will sell. Another thing is the back catalog thing. being able to dowload and use the oldschool games from NES and SNES will be awesome. but i have had a question to all of this: What will be the price for any of the NextGen consoles? [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, same here. A-fucking men.

And even with the rise of Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo has always been my fave company. I'm excited to see the features of the revolution soon. I just....Heart Nintendo. So much for no more consoles after Gamecube.

And damn, that system is small.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

According to Gamespot, they are releasing a new Super Smash Bros. entitled "Super Smash Bros. Revolution"

Minus

What an original name. :lol:

But that makes sure that I buy Revolution.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

The name isn't confirmed, it is just so that you know what you mean. And, let me add, the new super smash bros. will be ONLINE! I swear, that will sel the REV in itself.

XVZ

XVZ Banned

This console has an original name for it and PS3 and XBOX360 not.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

This is just a codename. The gameCube's codename was Project Dolphin (or something like that). For all we know this could be named the Super Nintendo Gamecude 256 Entertainment System.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

This is just a codename. The gameCube's codename was Project Dolphin (or something like that). For all we know this could be named the Super Nintendo Gamecude 256 Entertainment System. [/b][/quote]
    I think the Revolution's code name was N5.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

If I'm not mistaken, Dolphin was the codename for the N64, wasn't it?

briansalo

briansalo Member

Dolphin was the codename for the GC I believe...

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Ah, I remember now. Nevermind that post. I'm tired.

briansalo

briansalo Member

Anyways, I've saved up enough for the Xbox 360 and more but I'm definately getting a Revolution, the comment about Nintendo being the "leader of gaming innovation" may be a little ballsy, but it isn't far from the truth. Nintendo is always trying new things (DS is an example). Whether it's the Dual Screen handheld or the old-school Virtual Boy, they're always trying out new things (even if they flop). I like Nintendo's games over other systems because Nintendo seems to have a higher bar set at times. The Xbox and PS2 has it's fair share of good games, but where those systems try to go for realism, Nintendo goes for the fun aspect and that's where they gain, even when it leans over to the kiddy side. Although even then, the games that are meant for children are still fun, because they're made to be entertaining.

I rented Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for the GC cause all the Xbox ones were out of stock, and I realized that the port of the game was the worst port I had ever seen. I had seen what the Gamecube is capable of in regards to RE4 and Mario Sunshine so I thought the Gamecube could handle it. Sadly, at times the game seemed like a game played on a PS1 that had a faster processor.

But then I realized that I hadn't bought the system to play other games, I bought it to soley play Nintendo games. Nintendo isn't trying to have the fastest and post powerful system out there, they're trying to have the most playable system, and they achieve that. A Nintendo fan would agree (and possibly others), that the video game world of Nintendo has more of a soul to it than the PS2 or Xbox would, which is a factor that I think draws people in. There is a universe of characters that are tied in together in a happy world, and that appeals to people, including myself who was more of a Sega fan as I was growing up, but always enjoyed an addicting game of Super Mario Brothers for the NES.

Anyways, that be my two cents...

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Okay, let me clear this up. Ultra 64 was Nintendo 64's codename (not Project Reality, sorry about that. Project reality was a project in the works by Nintendo at the time of the 64, but not the 64's code name).

Dolphin was the GameCube's codename, because that was the name of it's graphics processor.

Revolution is Nintendo's Next-gen console's codename. N5 was a fan-made name to easily refer the the Revolution before it had a "official" name.

For the record, the DS's codename was DS. This means that the Reolution could be released as the Revolution regardless of the fact that it is just a codename right now.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Random thought about downloading past games... if we own past GC discs or NES/SNES cartridges, I wonder if there will be some way to play those on the Revolution without having to buy them over again from the catalog? Or maybe thats been confirmed and I'm just behind.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

That's most likely not going to happen.

Minus

I hope you know why this is so. It isn't originality issues, it's the way people associate companies with games.

The name "Nintendo" has for years been a part of video games. Therefore the console could have the worst name in the world, but as long as it has the Nintendo brand on it, it will sell.

But with Microsoft and Sony, they have a wide array of products, so just that name won't sell it.

Sony became famous in the video game industry for the Playstation, so obviously they will stick with that name.

The same with Microsoft.

People say "let's go play the Nintendo!"

Do you think they'd say "let's go play the Microsoft!"?

:lol:

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't beleive you can download GameCube games. Just NES to N64.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

You can put Gamecube disks in the Revolution.

There's no indication that you'll be able to plug any cartridges directly into the Rev, though. Maybe they'll sell attachments that allow you to put in old NES, SNES, and N64 games or whatever.

20. XVZ

XVZ Banned

Cool Wireless Online and it's free,then i can finally go online with PSO