The Official "The Amazing Spider-Man" Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Jesse, May 5, 2012.

lpisbaws

lpisbaws Well-Known Member

the dude's hair is too big, how does it fit under that mask?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Movie Magic.

shinformant

shinformant Banned

Yeah, but when it comes to films he nails it the vast majority of the time.

Those two were the worst. Iron Man is still probably the most rounded and solid Marvel film, 2 isn't THAT bad and Cap is just very bland and forgettable more than it is bad.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:lol:

I love that bit.

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

I'm really excited for this film. I never hated the last 3 Spider-Man movies, I actually liked them. Personally I think it's best for a refreshment for the Spider-Man movie trilogy, plus I didn't think Tobey Maguire was the best role for it. It felt awkward watching some of his performance (I like him as an actor but I'm kind of iffy about his role as Spider-Man).

I love Andrew Garfield. From the trailers he seems to pull it off great as Spider-Man in my opinion. Can't wait for The Amazing Spider-Man".

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Its weird though, When I first heard they where "rebooting" Spidey I thought: "ah, so Marvel Entertainment is rebooting it so it can fit in its cinematic universe, fair enough". But then I found out Sony/Columbia still where making it, so I didn't see the point at all to reboot it. Why not carry on from where SM3 left off, just with different actors/film makers. Instead of going back to the origin story again?

I'm sure ASM will be a good film, but I just don't get why Marvel doesn't "buy back" their hero. But I guess the companies don't want to give away a potential multimillion franchise :lol:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

4 Min Preview.

[video=youtube;16AwVWvjQhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=16AwVWvjQhY[/video]

Awesome.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
    Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

What is related to "The Glitch Mob"? I really like them.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

The newest trailer on the previous page of this thread features How to Be Eaten by a Woman from The Glitch Mob.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Spiderman 3 effectively killed Venom for good in that universe. Given that venom is one of, if not the absolute most popular villain in the series, it's probably something they want to redo entirely. And given that these new movies are supposed to be heavy on the "human" aspect of the story (aka the whining), I see Venom being focused on more later on, as he has just as complex as backstory as Parker.

That said, people are given the last series way too much credit. Like because half of 3 was crap means the entire series was shit. Spiderman 2 was and still is a classic.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Thank you! I'm at work and here the "proxy" blocks all videos. I can not even see that there is a video here.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Please garner enough success and attention for a sequel with a rebooted Venom storyline.

/begs.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I'm honestly excited for this movie. My ONLY problem with it is that Andrew Garfield is too damn good looking for Peter Parker. I do love him as an actor though. Ah well, I'll get over it.

Snail

ChuckCheese

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

No point making another thread so I'm bumping this thread up due to the movie's official release.

Anyone seen this yet? I watched it today and really enjoyed it. Andrew Garfield is awesome and Emma Stone is great too. :)

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I haven't seen it yet, maybe tomorrow. Honestly I'm not all that excited to see it, just kind of curious.

I think the main points against are that they ballsed up SM3 pretty badly & also Raimi & Maguire were probably demanding a lot of money. Although the rumours I heard about the potential SM4 were pretty bad.

Also, they had to get rolling on a new Spidey film or risk losing the rights.

It's not as simple as just buying it back. If Sony aren't willing to part with it then they don't have to, it's legally theirs. Spidey is a massive cash cow, worth more in Box office revenue than any amount Marvel could or would offer.

That said, apparently Sony have been having cash problems and which already forced them to sell Spider-mans merchandising rights back to Disney. Who knows, if TASM underperforms (big time, though that's pretty unlikely) at the Box Office, they may have to sell Spidey off.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Since giving it an 8/10 in the recently watched movies thread, I've actually seen this two more times (both for free), and I'd like to amend my score a bit.

7.5/10. I realize that doesn't seem like a huge difference, but I'd like to think it's significant. This movie was really good, ALMOST great. In my opinion, the first half is clearly superior to the second half of the film. I think this might have to do with the director, Marc Webb. Webb is clearly good at working with characters and developing them, as seen in 500 Days of Summer. But maybe he isn't so cut out for superhero action movies. Or maybe it has nothing to do with him at all.

ChuckCheese

This movie kicked ass. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see how the sequels pan out. And the next villain is obvious. ;)

Snail

^ Haven't seen the film yet, but I'm going to go right ahead and guess. Green Goblin is next, and a certain love interest's neck is gon' get snapped up.