16.06.2011 - Helsinki, Finland

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Following a free day travelling today, Linkin Park will play the first Projekt Revolution billed date of the Summer tomorrow at Kaisaniemi Park in Helsinki, Finland, a huge outdoor park in the centre of Helsinki.

The band will be joined by supporting acts Die Antwoord, Middle Class Rut & Dredg as they take the stage in Finland for the third time in their career, following their performances at Provinssirock, Seinäjoki, Finland on June 13th 2008, and the Sonisphere Festival in Pori, Finland on July 25th 2009. With a two year gap and a great venue, this should be an awesome start to the first Projekt Revolution events of the Summer.

Linkin Park are coming off a strong show in Stockholm, Sweden where they played a new set for the first time this Summer. The band went back to a set they debuted during the A Thousand Suns World Tour earlier this year on January 26 in Chicago, IL, except with one notable change. Where this set included Blackout before, they simply replaced it with Burning In The Skies. See the full setlist and show details at the LPA Tour Page.

[YOUTUBE]T2YOKbhUHEg[/YOUTUBE]
    Burning In The Skies live at Ericsson Globe Arena, 14.06.2011 courtesy of marcinr92.

In arguably one of Linkin Park's best shows so far this Summer, as well as Burning In The Skies making the slightly updated set, From The Inside and Shadow Of The Day also saw a return, whilst Breaking The Habit wasn't played for the first time since they began this leg of the tour on June 4th in Irvine, CA. With Faint opening the set, it's definitely a welcome change as the band continue through their Summer shows, where they'll head to Leipzig, Germany next to begin their four show stint in the Country on the 18th.

How do you feel about the revamped setlist? Is the removal of Blackout for Burning In The Skies something you're happy with? Let us know what you think of the changes and what you'd like to see at future shows in the comments.

We've been receiving so many positive reports about how hard Linkin Park have been playing this Summer, and judging by the audio clips on YouTube, these could be the best DSP's yet when made available. If you have a ticket for Helsinki or any other show this Summer, it's safe to say Linkin Park are bringing it and you're in for some awesome shows!

Who's going to be in Helsinki to see Linkin Park? Anyone lucky enough to have a meet & greet? Let us know on the LPA Forums!

Setlist:

01. The Requiem
    02. Faint
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. No More Sorrow
    07. From The Inside
    08. Jornada Del Muerto
    09. Waiting For The End
    10. Burning In The Skies
    11. Numb
    12. The Radiance
    13. Iridescent
    14. Fallout
    15. The Catalyst
    16. Shadow Of The Day
    17. In The End
    18. Bleed It Out (A Place For My Head bridge)
    -------------
    19. Empty Spaces
    20. When They Come For Me
    21. Papercut
    22. New Divide
    23. Crawling
    24. One Step Closer

Source: Images courtesy of Marisol Correa | MusicStage.se

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Wow this should be the best BITS live so far.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm just glad they ironed out the issues they had the first time they performed BITS live. The song used to sound very shaky live (no offense to the guys), but now it sounds great!

LPSuomi

LPSuomi Member

Yayy... welcome to Finland, Linkin Park!

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

THAT IS AWESOME LIVE! god I wish they had played that at msg.

--RS

P.S. I also wanted to point out they changed stage lighting for the Catalyst. We had those awesome 'seizure' inducing red and blue lights, now there just colorful lights shining directly on the stage.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

BITS is now awesome live. :awesome:.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

There's still something that's lacking on The Catalyst live, but I can't name it.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Looking forward to see what they play at this show and subsequently in Germany. Wretches and Kings? Yes please.

Blackout would be awesome too, ofcourse.

thepixelpod

thepixelpod TF3

i hope there will be BITS in all the future set list P:

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

have fun guys! Hopefully they will keep this awesome setlist up :)

Sucre06

Sucre06 The Bartender

Iridescent
    [video=youtube;gh7bg7xEvZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh7bg7xEvZE[/video]

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

They played the same set as Sweden.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

Just returned home from LP-s performance. It was my first time and I have to say IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!! Altough finnish people were cold.... they werent in it much. But I was in the first row and when I saw guys from LP I went nuts...:D Before the show I was expecting good performance but what I got was a Fucking Best Live Performance ever!! Thank You LP!

diff

diff New Member

The Finnish audience was cold!? Hell no! It was my 6th time seeing LP live and both the crowd and the band kicked ass. Of course you can't compare Finland with countries like the UK or Germany, but for a country this small I think it was great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.