New LP Single Out in a Few Months? Brad LPU Chat (Transcript)

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think we will be pretty shocked if a single actually comes out within the next few months :"

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I was talking with Todd about the musical influence The Beatles made on music, and how there will never be another band quite like them...and then I remembered this blog post from Mike:

http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/01/26/the-beatles-seven-in-four/

This in no way means the band is going to ever sound like The Beatles, but I find it interesting how right around the time A Thousand Suns was beginning to be written, that post gets made. Mike's mindset could've easily changed by the next month or even within those 3 years...but what if it hasn't? In many ways LP took a very Beatles-esque surprise turn with their last album. What if the band is no longer making music they think will "sell big" but instead creating music that inspires them and makes them evolve as musicians? I can't reach inside Mike's mind, but I sure as hell hope he still has that frame of mind. What I love about Linkin Park is that ever since MTM, their music has been gone in completely unpredictable directions. I hope that mystery and surprise never fades. I love how this band challenges me to rethink my expectations with every new release.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

You know you mentioned in the LP/Radiohead thread that you thought LP's career is paralleling Radiohead. But to be honest, I always thought it was more paralleling The Beatles.

Both bands started their careers with very pop music to massive commercial success, but dismissed by many critics as nothing but boy bands. Then each band had a pivotal album where they were still making pop music, but started focusing more on writing better lyrics and less on making pop hits (Rubber Soul, Minutes to Midnight).

After those albums, each band released a curveball, with The Beatles releasing Revolver and arguably the beginning of Psychedelic Rock, and Linkin Park releasing A Thousand Suns (which won't be credited with starting any new musical movements, but was still very much out of left field like Revolver was for The Beatles.

After Revolver, The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper, their magnum opus and one of the greatest albums of all time. After A Thousand Suns? we'll see later this year.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Xero21, I was just thinking the same tonight. I always argued they were following the trajectory of Radiohead (like you pointed out), but come to think about it...apart from the gaps in release time, the career path between the two bands (LP and Beatles) is incredibly similar.

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

hope Lp's 5th album turns out be a massive hit.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

"Hits" are nice and all, but as long as I'm happy with it, which a 10+ year track record has kept me, that's what matters most to me. :)

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

just want songs that i can listen to for years to come

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

This album will make people share with the world Linkin Park is one of their guilty pleasure!

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Name one song by them that you can't listen for years and years and years and never get tired of..?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Nothing to feel guilty about on my part. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.