iTunes Reveals "LIVING THINGS" Tracklisting

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I'm not really sure where I should leave this comment, but this thread looks the most appropriate one. While trying to pre-order the album on the warnerartists link, I got this message: Error. Parsing JSON Request failed.

The hell does this mean D:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. JFeather

JFeather Member

TINFOIL's name doesn't seem to fit in with any of the others, otherwise quite excited.

3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

For some reason I feel "Tinfoil" is not a lyric song but an instrumental, I can't imagine lyrics on that title.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Not sure, give it a while and try again. Preorders aren't going anywhere and won't run out.

5. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

"Victimized"

I don't like judging the way a song is by its title, but titles and lyrics can go hand in hand. Sounds like we may be heading into dark territory on this one.

6. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I hope the album will sound better than the titles does.

7. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I LOL'ed at Lies, Greed, Misery and Tinfoil. Not really digging the titles like I did with ATS when that was released. The song i'm most intrigued by is Lost In The Echo, the description of it sounds mint.

8. Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

I'M JUST GLAD THEY KNEW HOW EXCITED WE ALL WERE BY PUTTING ALL THE TITLES IN CAPS LOCK ON ITUNES!!

9. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

So who can't wait for album 6? :lol:

10. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

I'm on 44 listens of the single, aka 152 mins

11. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Okay, thanks! I also realized it only happens with the CD bundle one, not with the digital one. Maybe they're just not ready yet :)

12. LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur Well-Known Member

I'm just going to be honest with myself. This track listing, with the exception of 4 songs, is just bad. "Victimized", "powerless", and "lies greed misery" highlight the list of just downright horrible names. Those names could be created by looking in a dictionary for a few minutes. I'm not a fan of one word song titles unless the one word is something creative (for example: iridescent). I just think somewhere along the way, during this process, the band went from being already bad at naming things to being just horrible. Even comparing this tracklist to Meteora is a disservice to Meteora.

13. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Some of that hostility was started by my "funny" comment earlier today...

14. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

can you please share with us, how all those songs sound? It seems you're an expert regarding your judgements.

15. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I don't know what to say about the titles. They're just, uh, titles.

16. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I missed the part where the name defines the song, the cover defines the book, the face defines the person...

If 'Lies Greed Misery' is terribly written and overuses those 3 words, then its a horrible song with a horrible title. If the song is well written with themes that relate to those 3 ideas/feelings, then the title is fine.

Jeez....

17. jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

I don't think the track listing is that bad, with the exception of 'Lies Greed Misery' and 'Tinfoil'... scanning through it, those were the two that made me think 'WTF'. Not sure what they were thinking there, but I'll save judgement until I hear the music, haha. Loving the name Castle of Glass, although I do think ATS had more creative song names.

Even more pumped for the album now, it's gonna be a long two months :(

18. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

I don't understand why people give a shit about album/song titles?

I've been a Linkin Park fan for 10+ years (like a lot of you), and never have I been so ignorant to judge an album/song by its title. Jezuz.

19. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Haha I agree, I just looked at the track listing and thought "Ok cool"...

20. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

A title is important because it defines the root of your sound, it has to wrap and embrace the theme, to give a direction not only to us, but to the artist himself. A song can take weeks to be completed and to give a shit title to represent it just feels as a waste, undeserved and ruins a procentage of the song itself even before it is released. Even if the procentage is minor, but the title has the ability to hype the musician himself and make him appreciate his own work, the cherry on top of the cake.
    Watch Tool's albums. They do 5 years cycles from one album to the other, but lyrics AND titles are ALWAYS incredible, transcendental as their songs are. There is no chance one of their songs can be called "Misery in Greed" or stuff like that. A title should create appeal and expectation.

I'm talking as musician here, not as fan. Sorry if I made it long. But I'm one of the believers that music takes a little piece of your soul with every new track you complete, and it must be the most perfect possible, in everything you choose to do with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.