PDA

View Full Version : Top twelve reasons homosexual marriage..

Jila
04-16-2004, 12:25 AM
WARNING: THIS IS A JOKE

Top twelve reasons homosexual marriage should not be legal

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid becasue they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire counrty. That's why we have only one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never suceed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or longer lifespans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "seperate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Seperate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

[/Deep Sarcastic Irony]
^how's that?^

Anya
04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
I disagree with everything that's on this list. Forget the stupid "God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve." quote. Who ever said what was natural and what wasn't? Just because you think so, right? But does that still make it right?

Will
04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Anya.........

This is a joke............

Attention: This is NOT to be taken seriously.

I think.

:lol:

Jila
04-16-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah.. its a joke

Anya
04-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Will@Apr 15 2004, 07:31 PM
Anya.........

This is a joke............

Attention: This is NOT to be taken seriously.

I think.

:lol:
Oh. I knew that. :mellow:

Sorry, Pyro. :embarassed:

Leslie
04-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Aaaah, something interesting to talk about in my Queer Theory class... Pyro, do you have the source?

Anya
04-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Sorry again, Pyro. I just have really strong views with 'gay rights'.

I feel stupid now. :unsure:

Jila
04-16-2004, 12:48 AM
uh, somewhere on youthink.com

anya: haha its okay

Leslie
04-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Cool, thanks.

Whimsicality
04-16-2004, 01:04 AM
This rules the universe. :D

emmmers
04-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Whoever wrote that nailed it right on. :lol:

And for anyone whos confused, the whole list is a deep sarcastic irony.

Anya
04-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by When.Karma.Attacks@Apr 15 2004, 08:08 PM
Whoever wrote that nailed it right on. :lol:

And for anyone whos confused, the whole list is a deep sarcastic irony.
Yeah. But it just so happens that I have a shield of some sort, blocking any case of "Deep Sarcastic Irony" for me actually know it was a joke..

If that even made sense..

Glenn
04-16-2004, 02:17 AM
how the hell were we suppose to know that this was a joke?

emmmers
04-16-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Glenn@Apr 15 2004, 06:17 PM
I mean comon, just read it.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Glenn
04-16-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by When.Karma.Attacks+Apr 15 2004, 09:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (When.Karma.Attacks @ Apr 15 2004, 09:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Glenn@Apr 15 2004, 06:17 PM

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears&#39; 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall. [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t know, I know the majority of people here agree with gay marriages but some people have different opinions. It was expecting us to know that he was kidding. Sorry just thought that was stupid.

Jila
04-16-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Glenn+Apr 15 2004, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Glenn @ Apr 15 2004, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -When.Karma.Attacks@Apr 15 2004, 09:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Glenn@Apr 15 2004, 06:17 PM

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears&#39; 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

I don&#39;t know, I know the majority of people here agree with gay marriages but some people have different opinions. It was expecting us to know that he was kidding. Sorry just thought that was stupid. [/b][/quote]
its more like mockery than a joke

like..

10. Children can never suceed without a male and a female role model at home. That&#39;s why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

obviously thats not true so i guess i was assuming if you read it completely you would realize that

.. and im a girl

Matt
04-16-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Anya@Apr 15 2004, 04:31 PM
I disagree with everything that&#39;s on this list. Forget the stupid "God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve." quote. Who ever said what was natural and what wasn&#39;t? Just because you think so, right? But does that still make it right?
Exactly. Since when is it against the law for blacks to marry whites?
BTW, I&#39;m not racist, so you don&#39;t often here me say black.

emmmers
04-16-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by A Fire Inside+Apr 15 2004, 06:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A Fire Inside @ Apr 15 2004, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Anya@Apr 15 2004, 04:31 PM
I disagree with everything that&#39;s on this list. Forget the stupid "God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Steve." quote. Who ever said what was natural and what wasn&#39;t? Just because you think so, right? But does that still make it right?
Exactly. Since when is it against the law for blacks to marry whites?
BTW, I&#39;m not racist, so you don&#39;t often here me say black. [/b][/quote]
It isnt. Everything that list said was intentionally false. Its a whole irony to prove the point that gay marriage is not wrong.

Jila
04-16-2004, 02:47 AM
i edited that thing so it says "Deep Sarcastic Irony"

hmartin84
04-16-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by PyRoMaNiaK@Apr 15 2004, 06:25 PM
Top twelve reasons homosexual marriage should not be legal

1. Homosexuality is not natural...
Man, if this wasn&#39;t meant as joke then I could go on and on about this little list forever&#33; The only thing that&#39;s really funny about it is the pathetic reasons&#33; The only legitimit (sp?) reason to not allow homosexual marriage is for religous reasons and that&#39;s not even a strong reason. A lot of people these days aren&#39;t religous&#33; Moi included&#33;

TeMpEsT
04-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Everything there made sense except for #8, it was just looney. Still funny though, and I know it&#39;s a joke.

ass_kicker
04-16-2004, 08:53 AM
i find it amusing :lol:

Nikki
04-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Maybe the fact that some of the points are just plain stupid and the fact it says &#39;deep sarcastic irony&#39; at the end? <_>

I think that owns. Thanks for making my day with that, Pyro =P

Evi
04-16-2004, 10:24 AM
i think it&#39;s funny , if it wasn&#39;t sarcastic it wouldn&#39;t be funny

ass_kicker
04-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by fieke@Apr 16 2004, 10:24 AM
i think it&#39;s funny , if it wasn&#39;t sarcastic it wouldn&#39;t be funny
yeah exactly. thats the point of the whole list - to be sarcastic. (GOD its hard to spell that word)

Radical Dreamer
04-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by PyRoMaNiaK@Apr 16 2004, 12:25 AM
1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

Heterosexuality, homosexuality and asexuality are present in nature.

- Heterosexuality: Humans engage in heterosexual intercourse, for reproductive as well as sexual purposes.

- Homosexuality: Homosexual copulation takes place between seahorses in an aquarium, especially if there are no members of the opposite sex present.

- Asexuality: The amoeba, a cell-like organism, reproduces by splitting into two.

These are all scientific facts. Whoever thinks homosexuality is not "natural" should really think again. Nature really speaks for itself.

EDIT: I got the sarcasm, btw. :lol: That was just a general note to all the people who use the same argument to oppose gay marriage.

ass_kicker
04-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Radical Dreamer+Apr 16 2004, 11:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Radical Dreamer @ Apr 16 2004, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PyRoMaNiaK@Apr 16 2004, 12:25 AM

- Heterosexuality: Humans engage in heterosexual intercourse, for reproductive as well as sexual purposes.

- Homosexuality: Homosexual copulation takes place between seahorses in an aquarium, especially if there are no members of the opposite sex present.

- Asexuality: The amoeba, a cell-like organism, reproduces by splitting into two.

These are all scientific facts. Whoever thinks homosexuality is not "natural" should really think again. Nature really speaks for itself.

EDIT: I got the sarcasm, btw. :lol: That was just a general note to all the people who use the same argument to oppose gay marriage. [/b][/quote]
i REALLY dont get what youre saying with the homosexuality/asexuality stuff :lol: its like chinese. but yeah.

lp_dreamer
04-17-2004, 12:17 PM
30 something posts later and everyones still bickering about it being a joke lol

Leones
04-17-2004, 05:54 PM
also, all this is legal in The Netherlands&#33; :D :D :D

do you know how snails do it? I&#39;ve seen it ones and I can tell you they are by themselves and they lay eggs out off there heads... seeing the picture :lol:

Will
04-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by cuidado@Apr 17 2004, 12:54 PM
also, all this is legal in The Netherlands&#33; :D :D :D

do you know how snails do it? I&#39;ve seen it ones and I can tell you they are by themselves and they lay eggs out off there heads... seeing the picture :lol:
Um... who cares? That has nothing to do with anything.

Mark
04-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Radical Dreamer+Apr 16 2004, 08:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Radical Dreamer @ Apr 16 2004, 08:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PyRoMaNiaK@Apr 16 2004, 12:25 AM

EDIT: I got the sarcasm, btw. :lol: That was just a general note to all the people who use the same argument to oppose gay marriage. [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s a joke&#33;

Will
04-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Mark+Apr 17 2004, 02:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Apr 17 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Radical Dreamer@Apr 16 2004, 08:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--PyRoMaNiaK@Apr 16 2004, 12:25 AM

EDIT: I got the sarcasm, btw. :lol: That was just a general note to all the people who use the same argument to oppose gay marriage.
It&#39;s a joke&#33; [/b][/quote]
She knows. She was making a point.

dlpalex
04-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think seriously think PyRoMaNiaK is homophobic. I am straight but my best friend of 14 years is now 3 years gay. I didn&#39;t stop or will not stop being friend because he is gay. I think that Gay ppl should have the same rights as us straight ppl and get married. I mean after all they are humans just like that. Just humans with different values so to speak. It just like saying black ppl cant eat in the same room with white ppl because he is black. Its stupid and its wrong.

Mark
04-18-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by dlpalex@Apr 18 2004, 12:35 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think seriously think PyRoMaNiaK is homophobic. I am straight but my best friend of 14 years is now 3 years gay. I didn&#39;t stop or will not stop being friend because he is gay. I think that Gay ppl should have the same rights as us straight ppl and get married. I mean after all they are humans just like that. Just humans with different values so to speak. It just like saying black ppl cant eat in the same room with white ppl because he is black. Its stupid and its wrong.
It was a joke&#33; Read the full damn thread before replying&#33;

Jila
04-18-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by dlpalex@Apr 17 2004, 07:05 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think seriously think PyRoMaNiaK is homophobic.
um, youre wrong.

Missy
04-18-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Mark+Apr 17 2004, 08:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Apr 17 2004, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dlpalex@Apr 18 2004, 12:35 AM
It was a joke&#33; Read the full damn thread before replying&#33; [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I find this whole topic completely hilarious. Honestly, people, read the list.

It&#39;s a joke.

By intentionally using stupid reasons as support to why gay marriage should be illegal, it actually shows the lunacy of it all and thus proves why gay marriage should be legal. In other words, it&#39;s making fun of whoever opposes gay marriage by making all the arguments made by opposition sound ridiculous. That&#39;s why it&#39;s funny in case you haven&#39;t figured it out by now.

Will
04-18-2004, 10:05 AM
In my honest opinion, banning homosexual marriage is pointless.

It&#39;s like they&#39;re passing a law that says you aren&#39;t allowed to be mentally retarded -- it&#39;s just stupid.

ella1432
04-18-2004, 10:43 AM
1) it has to be natural because it HAPPENS and it has happened since the beginning of mankind, which, in my opinion, didn&#39;t start with this big bloke putting a geezer and a girl on earth and saying pointless stuff like "don&#39;t eat those apples" or whatever he was supposed to have said.
2) gay people won&#39;t marry for religious reasons most of the time because you&#39;ll probably find most gay people aren&#39;t religious, since religion is against it.
3) this means they want to marry for legal reasons, because a gay partner won&#39;t be seen as a legal next-of-kin but a heterosexual partner will and they want to change this and have rights. this is what it is all about. rights. and why shouldn&#39;t we give them rights? if you have a gay relationship shouldn&#39;t the partner have rights just as a heterosexual one if something happens to you?