PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad if I can't bend my neck>?



Sam
03-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Cause I felt a snap yesterday morning around 5am.. and It hurt real bad, I screamed so loud. Now it hurts so bad i squeal whenever i bend it, i can turn it with less pain, but still some pain.

Dedicated
03-26-2004, 08:05 PM
If I was you I'd go to the doctors :mellow:

Adam
03-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dedicated@Mar 26 2004, 09:05 PM
If I was you I'd go to the doctors :mellow:
Thats what I was going to say ^_^

Leslie
03-26-2004, 10:48 PM
That same thing happened to me about a month ago, but I didn't go to the doctor. Yes, I know how bad it hurts, just take some avil (like 2-3), apply some heat to it, and it should go away in a couple of days.

Glenn
03-27-2004, 01:29 AM
That happened to me last year. See a doctor and put heat on the neck and relax it.

Derek
03-27-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Leslie@Mar 26 2004, 06:48 PM
That same thing happened to me about a month ago, but I didn't go to the doctor. Yes, I know how bad it hurts, just take some avil (like 2-3), apply some heat to it, and it should go away in a couple of days.
That's what I was going to say. You probably pulled a muscle in your neck from cracking your neck or something. Like Leslie said, take a few advil as directed by the box and see how the pain feels after a few days. If it shows absolutely no signs of getting better, have a doctor check it out. Try some 'icy hot' cream before you try advil as sometimes that can help easily.

I know what its like to have a neck cramp...your neck feels straight but sometimes when you look in the mirror..your head is tilted to the side like you have issues. At least that happened ONCE...and my dad took me out in public like that cause it was on my birthday. :wth:

Todd
03-27-2004, 04:05 AM
I crack my neck all the time. When I wake up, the popping sounds really disgusting :lol:


If you do have a stiff neck though, I would get to a doctor ASAP. It could be a serious neck injury that Advil won't help. It's also a sign of meningitis which can be fatal if untreated. I had meningitis as when I was like 3 years old, not fun, but, can be cured if found quick enough

Cal
03-27-2004, 09:11 AM
you will have pulled a muscles, its a bugger, the doctor will probobly give you one of those soft neck cast things, my mate had one

Neil
03-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Todd@Mar 27 2004, 12:05 AM
I crack my neck all the time. When I wake up, the popping sounds really disgusting :lol:


If you do have a stiff neck though, I would get to a doctor ASAP. It could be a serious neck injury that Advil won't help. It's also a sign of meningitis which can be fatal if untreated. I had meningitis as when I was like 3 years old, not fun, but, can be cured if found quick enough
~moves left~ *SNAP* ~moves right~ *SNAP*

ass_kicker
03-27-2004, 03:39 PM
maybe its gonna go away... but i reckon you should go to the doctors if it doesnt.

Glenn
03-27-2004, 08:28 PM
It was kind of funny when it happened to me, cause I was walking to the nurse with my neck down and couldn't lift it up. :lol:

TeMpEsT
03-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Sam@Mar 26 2004, 08:47 PM
Cause I felt a snap yesterday morning around 5am.. and It hurt real bad, I screamed so loud. Now it hurts so bad i squeal whenever i bend it, i can turn it with less pain, but still some pain.
My friend's cousin did a backflip into water, didn't get the full turn, and landed right on his head. He felt like he sprained a muscle, but ended up cracking his vertebrae in the back of his neck. He was in a halo for 3 weeks. Go get it checked out.

May
03-27-2004, 09:53 PM
that happened to one of my friend's brother. He saw his doctor but i forgot what his doctor told him to do. so just take some Advil for it and if it doesn't go away see your doctor :)