PDA

View Full Version : Savage Garden



Cal
02-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Are they're any fans of them here?

Recently, due to lack of some good heavy music, ive been listening to softer rock, and i recently got back into this band that i was into when i was younger. Theyre kinda soft rock/pop, but not your average pop, there lyrics are meaningful, and the songs are melodic, and they are definoughtly worth the listen. They split up a couple of years ago, but they've still been touring and im confused about where they stand right now

i recommend these songs

Truely, Madly, Deeply
The Animal Song
Affirmination

Will
02-25-2004, 06:46 PM
I own all of their albums and I'm looking forward to their reunion album which is slated for late 2004, early 2005.

Cal
02-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Will@Feb 25 2004, 08:46 PM
I own all of their albums and I'm looking forward to their reunion album which is slated for late 2004, early 2005.
(w00t) Re-union album?? :D

Whimsicality
02-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Savage Garden is one of my favorite bands, ever. I first heard them around the time I was 9, and their self-titled never ceases to amaze me. Affirmation was good too, but the self-titled just blows me away...

Favorite songs are To The Moon and Back, Violet, Break Me Shake Me, Crash and Burn and Two Beds & A Coffee Machine...

EvolutionaryFuse
02-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Reyes@Feb 25 2004, 03:22 PM
Are they're any fans of them here?

Recently, due to lack of some good heavy music, ive been listening to softer rock, and i recently got back into this band that i was into when i was younger. Theyre kinda soft rock/pop, but not your average pop, there lyrics are meaningful, and the songs are melodic, and they are definoughtly worth the listen. They split up a couple of years ago, but they've still been touring and im confused about where they stand right now

i recommend these songs

Truely, Madly, Deeply
The Animal Song
Affirmination
yer i thnk savage garden are realy cool, nice mellow music

Mark
02-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Crash and Burn is cool. Same thing for Truly, Madly, Deeply and "Insatiable" by Darren Hayes.

Steph
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
I am a huge fan of their music!
I don't kow why but I am totally obsessed with "You can still be free"
on Affirmation...

Whimsicality
02-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Steph@Feb 26 2004, 12:16 AM
I am a huge fan of their music!
I don't kow why but I am totally obsessed with "You can still be free"
on Affirmation...
Two or three winters ago I listened to that song almost every night from December to February...

Steph
02-25-2004, 11:30 PM
I think it's a very beautiful song...

coley8605
02-25-2004, 11:31 PM
I remember back in the days of middle school, Truly Madly Deeply was the song for all the little lovers. Aww weren't we cute. :rolleyes:

Radical Dreamer
02-26-2004, 01:22 AM
I only like that song 'Truly Madly Deeply'. I haven't heard any of their other stuff. ^_^

Amy
02-26-2004, 04:50 AM
:lol: .

I used to be a huge fan of the band when the first album came out. I remember writing to them and getting a signed photo back. I was so dumb! I haven't listened to them in about 6 years. My brother has got a cd somewhere around. I might listen to them again one day...


Hey! I just learnt that they came from Brisbane :o .

Omar A
02-26-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Reyes@Feb 25 2004, 03:22 PM
Truely, Madly, Deeply
OMG I've been looking for this song all of my life (w00t)

I heard it like 2 years ago in the mall and I wanted to know who sings it. I didn't even know this band existed.

I think I've seen a video by them too. It's like in an airport. Do they have a video like that? :mellow:

Anya
02-26-2004, 12:04 PM
I love them!


drinkin' cherry cola...

Chris
02-26-2004, 12:08 PM
This maybe sounds weird, but isnt that the band that made the song 'Black Hole Sun'?


If not, slap me.

Anya
02-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Chris@Feb 26 2004, 08:08 AM
This maybe sounds weird, but isnt that the band that made the song 'Black Hole Sun'?


If not, slap me.
Uuuh definently not. :lol:





/me slaps chris





:chemist:

Hybrid_Bunny
02-27-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Chris@Feb 26 2004, 01:08 PM
This maybe sounds weird, but isnt that the band that made the song 'Black Hole Sun'?


If not, slap me.
That would be Soundgarden. :lol:

Derek
02-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Hybrid_Bunny+Feb 26 2004, 09:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hybrid_Bunny @ Feb 26 2004, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Feb 26 2004, 01:08 PM
This maybe sounds weird, but isnt that the band that made the song &#39;Black Hole Sun&#39;?


If not, slap me.
That would be Soundgarden. :lol: [/b][/quote]
I loved SOUNDgarden as a kid.

But getting back on topic, my sister once owned one of their albums and I really enjoyed it. I remember my sister thinking that Darren Hayes was in Linkin Park because they sound alike on "Crawling". Some people would say "THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SIMILARITY" but there is, when Chester sings softly and melodic, he shares a similarity with Darren on SOME savage garden songs, not all.

But anyways, yes. They rock. What was the one song that went something like (please forgive me if the lyrics are WAY off, its been over 5 years): "Ooh I want you I dont know if I need you but, Oooh I&#39;m just trying to find out (I&#39;m trying to find out&#33;)"

Hybrid_Bunny
02-27-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by The Derek@Feb 27 2004, 03:33 AM
But anyways, yes. They rock. What was the one song that went something like (please forgive me if the lyrics are WAY off, its been over 5 years): "Ooh I want you I dont know if I need you but, Oooh I&#39;m just trying to find out (I&#39;m trying to find out&#33;)"
It&#39;s called "I Want You". I think it was their first single too. It reminds me a lot of the girl I like too whenever I hear it since my cousin played that song a lot.

Derek
02-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Hybrid_Bunny+Feb 26 2004, 10:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hybrid_Bunny @ Feb 26 2004, 10:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Derek@Feb 27 2004, 03:33 AM
But anyways, yes. They rock. What was the one song that went something like (please forgive me if the lyrics are WAY off, its been over 5 years): "Ooh I want you I dont know if I need you but, Oooh I&#39;m just trying to find out (I&#39;m trying to find out&#33;)"
It&#39;s called "I Want You". I think it was their first single too. It reminds me a lot of the girl I like too whenever I hear it since my cousin played that song a lot. [/b][/quote]
Ty :).

linkin park 101
02-27-2004, 06:22 AM
SALVAGE GARBAGE
thats wat i call em

HARLEYsheXda
02-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Chaz&#39;s voice is way too much for a boy band but hey, i wonder what &#39;Runaway&#39; would sounds like if Darren Hayes doing the cover... :chaz: hihi... :D must be pretty awsome&#33;&#33; (their level of voice is pretty much the same, but i&#39;m not sure whether Darren could screams or not... B) )

Amy
02-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by linkin park 101@Feb 27 2004, 05:22 PM
SALVAGE GARBAGE
thats wat i call em
There is a rule here to respect others musical tastes. It&#39;s in the rules&#33; You&#39;re warned.

riddle
02-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Wow... I&#39;m from Australia, where SG are from, and they were always massive here. As in EVERYONE knew them and when every single of theirs was released. I wasn&#39;t aware that other countries barely knew them. 0.o

Anyway, I don&#39;t have any of their albums. I was wondering if anyone remembered a single by them called "Universe"?

Amy
02-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by riddle@Feb 28 2004, 03:13 PM
Wow... I&#39;m from Australia, where SG are from, and they were always massive here. As in EVERYONE knew them and when every single of theirs was released. I wasn&#39;t aware that other countries barely knew them. 0.o

Anyway, I don&#39;t have any of their albums. I was wondering if anyone remembered a single by them called "Universe"?
Yeah, you are right. Everyone knew them. I didn&#39;t think that other countries had heard of them either.

I&#39;m pretty sure they have a song called Universe, but I don&#39;t know if it was a single.

J-Flex
02-29-2004, 01:33 AM
i like them when i am in a softy mood too

*Field Of Innocence*
03-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Yeah I remember them I have both of their cds I used to listen to them once in a while cool band.