PDA

View Full Version : Information About The New Dvd...

whitewitcHarmony
10-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Reanimation 5.1 DVD-AUDIO In stores NOW!

This is the DVD-AUDIO of the REANIMATION songs, remixed to a 5.1 Surround Sound and remastered for an amazing sound quality. It has also been enhanced with extra videos. Included are the videos for "Pts.Of.Athrty," "Frgt/10" and "Kyur4 Th Ich," and a "Making Of The 'Pts.Of.Athrty' Animated Video" feature. Be sure to check this out in stores tomorrow.

What is DVD Audio?

- DVD-Audio is a new format that lets you listen to Audio in the best possible sound quality, much like the sound in a movie theater where you can hear sound coming from all around you. This format offers a major advance in audio performance by providing the listener with Advanced Resolution stereo (2 channels) and/or multi-channel (surround sound up to 6 channels) music. Not only that, the REANIMATION DVD-Audio offers visual extras including 3 Reanimation videos, and the making of the Pts.Of.Athrty Animated video.

What is the difference between the sound quality of the regular Reanimation CD and the Reanimation DVD-Audio?

- DVD-Audio can provide dramatically higher quality stereo than CD. Unlike a CD, DVD-Audio has the ability to offer Advanced Resolution multi-channel sound. This means that the sounds you hear on DVD-Audio are much closer to the master recording LP and the Reanimators produced in the studio.

What equipment do I need to play DVD Audio?

All you need to play the DVD-Audio format is a DVD player, a Playstation II, or an X-Box with a DVD add-on. To appreciate the full sound quality of DVD-Audio, play it in a home theater system hooked up with a digital cable to a DVD AUDIO or VIDEO player.

For more information about DVD Audio, please visit www.dvdaudiopreview.com

:huh:

Last edited by whitewitcHarmony at Oct 17 2002, 10:56 AM

LProckon
10-17-2002, 10:27 PM
did anyone here even get it?? if so, how is it? i'm still not sure if i want to get it cuz just yet...

Todd
10-18-2002, 05:11 AM
I have my xbox (with the dvd adapter) audio output hooked into my stereo's AUX input, the exact same stereo I use to play the Reanimation audio CD with. So I assume there's no real need to buy this since it would be the same sound quality?

whitewitcHarmony
10-18-2002, 09:27 AM
well i havent got it and i wont be getting it either. :blink:

Omar
10-19-2002, 03:36 AM
It's the first thing LP put out, that's not worth it...if they had told me this before I wud have dl the album, and bought this instead...maybe I'll rent it and burn it :lol:

Amy
10-19-2002, 11:09 AM
i still dont understand this dvd and what it is about :lol:

Mark
10-19-2002, 07:44 PM
amy : basically, they remastered the tracks to the best quality ever, split into different channels for a sound system, in this case dolby surround sound 5.1. i think that's what it means. it's just a cd that goes in your dvd player, along with some extras.

CinnamonSpider
10-19-2002, 10:53 PM
dude! it's really well worth it, the sorrounding blew me away (w00t)
the extra videos are awesome, i liked 'Kyur4 Th Ich' see, now LP knows the true elements of hip-hop, those B-boys were off the hook!
although i do think Hahn should have joined them <_<
i&#39;m truely satisfied :D

Nikki
10-20-2002, 07:51 AM
Right I&#39;m off to Manchester then.... :rolleyes:

You might be able to get the vids on your comp too...I might try that hmmmmm... but I gotta wait till next week dammit&#33; (Bleh to lack of the English pounds) <_<

[Hybrid Theory]
11-07-2002, 06:42 PM
I&#39;ve looked like everywhere for it&#33; Sam goody, best buy, local music places, walmart, k-mart, everywhere&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Magick
11-07-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by [Hybrid Theory]@Nov 7 2002, 01:42 PM
I&#39;ve looked like everywhere for it&#33; Sam goody, best buy, local music places, walmart, k-mart, everywhere&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Order it online, then.

But if you&#39;re a part of LPU, which I think you are, you&#39;ll get it for free.

lpmusic
11-10-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LProckon@Oct 17 2002, 10:27 PM
did anyone here even get it?? if so, how is it? i&#39;m still not sure if i want to get it cuz just yet...
i havent gotten it yet