PDA

View Full Version : New DVD/CD Combo Due In November.

Will
06-27-2003, 03:54 PM
According to MTV.com, Linkin Park have started hatching plans for a combination DVD/CD due out in November. The DVD will feature footage shot during the band's tour for Meteora, as well as live footage and other goodies. The band has not yet determined what will be on its companion CD.

Also in the article was some news on Chester's health. However, it has been posted here before so there is no sense in posting it again.

Source: MTV.com (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1473419/20030626/linkin_park.jhtml?headlines=true) & sup103......

Bryan
06-27-2003, 04:03 PM
All of this has already been posted before...

sup103
06-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Bryan@Jun 27 2003, 04:03 PM
:'(

Wait, it just got posted on MTV like, an hour and a half ago. :mellow:

Will
06-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Bryan@Jun 27 2003, 12:03 PM
Not the news about the DVD.

Our news was that it was being planned and that it was going to come out around Christmas. This, at least, is official news of what it's going to be.

Edit: I think I'll just post the news on the DVD, and include that it also has some extra news on Chester's health. How's that? No? Too bad, that's what I'm doing. :P

Andrea
06-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Ha.
Great news! I can't wait for that to come out. :)

Mark
06-27-2003, 08:27 PM
I loved Frat Party, I hope this new dvd is just as great and funny as the previous DVD.

As for this CD, i'm very very excited. Mike did say that he had been collaborating with some people on remixes in that huge mtv article we posted a while back. I can smell new remixes now. And with the previous announcement that there are b-sides (i think that was announced by one of the members) from Meteora, the cd should be great. Maybe even if they added an instrumental or 2, it would make the cd so awesome. I don't know if I'm hyping myself up too much or not, it could be an album of showtoons for all I know.

sup103
06-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05@Jun 27 2003, 08:27 PM
I don't know if I'm hyping myself up too much or not, it could be an album of showtoons for all I know.
Even better. Ive always wanted LP do to West Side Story and the Ducktales theme. :lol: :lol:

Jawknee
06-27-2003, 08:44 PM
LOL. Ducktales, woohoo! :lol:

Bryan
06-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05@Jun 27 2003, 04:27 PM
I loved Frat Party, I hope this new dvd is just as great and funny as the previous DVD.

As for this CD, i'm very very excited. Mike did say that he had been collaborating with some people on remixes in that huge mtv article we posted a while back. I can smell new remixes now. And with the previous announcement that there are b-sides (i think that was announced by one of the members) from Meteora, the cd should be great. Maybe even if they added an instrumental or 2, it would make the cd so awesome. I don't know if I'm hyping myself up too much or not, it could be an album of showtoons for all I know.
B-Sides and Remix's, that would be awesome! But the showtoons would be cool too. :P

User Name
06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05@Jun 27 2003, 08:27 PM
(i think that was announced by one of the members)
Yeah, that was my fault, I beleive. If the CD is like what you said, hopefully we can hear Nocturnal, Shifter, and the 2 other b-sides.

[Darken Hybrid]
06-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05@Jun 27 2003, 03:27 PM

Now that's great news. I agree with everything LPFAN05 said. On the official website, on the Q&A page Mike said that "i'm trying to get a second to put lyrics to old songs up so you guys can see them. including that song and some of the other hybrid theory stuff. it will probably take a while, though..." I can't wait for the new dvd and new songs! (w00t)

LinkinTheory
06-27-2003, 11:12 PM
I'd like to hear them remix the Prince of Bel Air song, but hey, who wouldn't. Don't answer that.

John.
06-27-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 27 2003, 04:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 27 2003, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LPFAN05@Jun 27 2003, 03:27 PM

As for this CD, i&#39;m very very excited. Mike did say that he had been collaborating with some people on remixes in that huge mtv article we posted a while back. I can smell new remixes now. And with the previous announcement that there are b-sides (i think that was announced by one of the members) from Meteora, the cd should be great. Maybe even if they added an instrumental or 2, it would make the cd so awesome. I don&#39;t know if I&#39;m hyping myself up too much or not, it could be an album of showtoons for all I know.
Now that&#39;s great news. I agree with everything LPFAN05 said. On the official website, on the Q&A page Mike said that "i&#39;m trying to get a second to put lyrics to old songs up so you guys can see them. including that song and some of the other hybrid theory stuff. it will probably take a while, though..." I can&#39;t wait for the new dvd and new songs&#33; (w00t) [/b][/quote]
this is too sweet&#33; :mike:

whenthisbegan
06-28-2003, 01:20 AM
Hurrah for new DVD&#33; I hope it&#39;s as hilarious as Frat Party, because those guys are crazy insane or insane crazy... I have Eminem in my head.

chaz Shinizzle
06-28-2003, 01:52 AM
damn it i can&#39;t wait&#33;&#33;

John.
06-28-2003, 03:04 AM
*has an excitement feeling to the point where he might just die waiting for November*

Mcnasty
06-28-2003, 05:07 AM
I wonder what kind of audio is going to be on the CD of the DVD/CD duo. ;)

tifferz
06-29-2003, 01:53 AM
dude, this is awesome. i was thinking(and hoping) they&#39;d release a new DVD w/new concert or touring footage. *is excited* :D

Amy
06-29-2003, 06:10 AM
Today is a awesome day ^_^ This is going to be great&#33;

Mcnasty
06-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Hey I was just wondering if any body here has the Hybrid Theory/DVD pack ??????

Bryan
06-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Mcnasty@Jun 30 2003, 02:25 PM
What? There&#39;s no such thing. Hybrid Theory was released as a regular CD. No DVD, no special enhancments. ;)

Dedicated
06-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Bryan+Jun 30 2003, 06:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ Jun 30 2003, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mcnasty@Jun 30 2003, 02:25 PM
What? There&#39;s no such thing. Hybrid Theory was released as a regular CD. No DVD, no special enhancments. ;) [/b][/quote]
Although there was a special 2CD edition in Tiawan or somewhere like that ^_^

I have it :P

Logan
06-30-2003, 07:19 PM
the hybrid theory from Afghanistan is Different too (i know someone who has it)

Ryan
06-30-2003, 08:34 PM
What? Why would all these Cd&#39;s be different in different countries?

Anyhow though I can&#39;t wait for this new DVD it&#39;s gonna be sweet.

danielmarko
07-16-2003, 04:12 PM
I figure that the CD with it will be a entire live show....John Mayer did something like that...where he released a DVD with an entire live show and some extras and then you could also buy the entire live show on 2 disk CD

Mcnasty
07-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bryan+Jun 30 2003, 06:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ Jun 30 2003, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mcnasty@Jun 30 2003, 02:25 PM
What? There&#39;s no such thing. Hybrid Theory was released as a regular CD. No DVD, no special enhancments. ;) [/b][/quote]
LOL bryan my good friend Ive seen an official LP Hybrid Theory CD/DVD like a year ago in HMV rite when Reanimation came out. It had LP videos on it and I think Concert footage to but I dont remember exactly what was on it but I know it exist becouse me and my friend saw it and I would of bought it but it cost 50 &#036; which I did not have at the time soo please dont try and tell me that theres no such thing becouse Ive seen it.

Mark
07-18-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Mcnasty+Jul 18 2003, 09:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mcnasty @ Jul 18 2003, 09:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Bryan@Jun 30 2003, 06:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mcnasty@Jun 30 2003, 02:25 PM
What? There&#39;s no such thing. Hybrid Theory was released as a regular CD. No DVD, no special enhancments. ;)
LOL bryan my good friend Ive seen an official LP Hybrid Theory CD/DVD like a year ago in HMV rite when Reanimation came out. It had LP videos on it and I think Concert footage to but I dont remember exactly what was on it but I know it exist becouse me and my friend saw it and I would of bought it but it cost 50 &#036; which I did not have at the time soo please dont try and tell me that theres no such thing becouse Ive seen it. [/b][/quote]
Obviously what you saw was unofficial, because there has never been a dvd which has come with Hybrid Theory. Maybe they just packaged Frat Party with Hybrid Theory as a special, but there has been no official CD/DVD package for HT. There has never been a DVD made to come out with Hybrid Theory.

Mcnasty
07-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05+Jul 18 2003, 04:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LPFAN05 @ Jul 18 2003, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Mcnasty@Jul 18 2003, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by -Bryan@Jun 30 2003, 06:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mcnasty@Jun 30 2003, 02:25 PM
LOL bryan my good friend Ive seen an official LP Hybrid Theory CD/DVD like a year ago in HMV rite when Reanimation came out. It had LP videos on it and I think Concert footage to but I dont remember exactly what was on it but I know it exist becouse me and my friend saw it and I would of bought it but it cost 50 &#036; which I did not have at the time soo please dont try and tell me that theres no such thing becouse Ive seen it.
Obviously what you saw was unofficial, because there has never been a dvd which has come with Hybrid Theory. Maybe they just packaged Frat Party with Hybrid Theory as a special, but there has been no official CD/DVD package for HT. There has never been a DVD made to come out with Hybrid Theory. [/b][/quote]
OK maby it wasnt a DVD becouse I never read DVD on it but it had like 3 videos and other stuff on it and trust me it was official, it looked official and it said extra comentary from the producer of the album witch was Don Gilmore I think and HMV is a big chain music store and I dont think they sell unofficial stuff there, and just the way it looked, it was like a regular HT case but bigger and becouse it had 2 cds in it, the Ht album and the extra cd, it had the same back cover to but at the bottom where the song list stoped there was a line and thats where it started listin the stuff on the extra cd. I&#39;m prett sure it was real and I&#39;m going to go out and look for it on the week end and i might buy it so show all of you guys it does exsist but it cost alot soo who know but I&#39;m pretty sure it was official and just becouse you never heard of it doesnt mean it doesnt exsist.