PDA

View Full Version : The new rap?

Neil
06-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Hey, just want to say first off this is totally my opinion and secondly that I dont listen to rap at all. Only certain songs. But what I've been noticing lately is that all the new rap is more like pop. It's all commercialized. I'm listening to 'Forgot About Dre' right now which, in my opinion was a great rap track. Now we got all these dudes and its not even about the music. It's all about $$$

-I thank you for listening to my rambling :lol:

Shinji
06-26-2003, 12:36 PM
so what's the point??? :mellow:

Neil
06-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Heres an explanation - I went to bed at 3:30 and woke up at 6:00 :lol:

Bryan
06-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Neil@Jun 26 2003, 08:10 AM
its not even about the music. It's all about $$$
Yep, that's what rap is. It's only about money.

*moves*

GrnEyedBeauty82
06-26-2003, 05:16 PM
it's all about the C.R.E.A.M. babeh :P

Bryan
06-26-2003, 07:32 PM
I moved this to the wrong place, lmao.

GrnEyedBeauty82
06-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Bryan@Jun 26 2003, 07:32 PM
I moved this to the wrong place, lmao.
awww *pats Bryan's shoulder*
it's ok

Jawsome
06-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Theres not a pap (pop rap) song out there that doesnt have atleast 50 hot chicks, an escalade with 25" dubs, and retards talking about their 25" dubs, hot chicks, and their escalade.

[Darken Hybrid]
06-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Jawsome@Jun 26 2003, 02:57 PM
Theres not a pap (pop rap) song out there that doesnt have atleast 50 hot chicks, an escalade with 25" dubs, and retards talking about their 25" dubs, hot chicks, and their escalade.
oh yes there is. take a look at all Nas' single videos. Nas never talk about money, hoes, and rims. And there's always "10 mins." by Joe Budden. It's one of his best song and that's why I'm getting his CD. B) Also Gang Starr. anyone into them? And there are some more too... And just to let you guys know, i don't like those songs that all they talk is car rims. Then everything else is ok. And yes, most rap songs are about hoes, $$, drugs and more stupid things. I guess that is what makes rap.

"Forgot About Dre" :argh:

LinkinTheory
06-26-2003, 08:42 PM
I listen to very little. I never was a big fan. I mean, not that I don't like looking at girls. It's just i don't want to wake up to all that "pap" crap (rhyme, oh yeah). I have a self inflicted sleep disorder. I wake up early. 6:30 sometimes, in the summer!

Jawknee
06-26-2003, 08:45 PM
What are you talking about? Forgot About Dre is guilty of this crappy rap age we've succumbed to.

Oh, and Nas does talk about hoes, cash, etc., you probably don't even notice.

RAP IS DEAD. Get over it, guys.

[Darken Hybrid]
06-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Jawknee@Jun 26 2003, 03:45 PM
What are you talking about? Forgot About Dre is guilty of this crappy rap age we've succumbed to.

Oh, and Nas does talk about hoes, cash, etc., you probably don't even notice.

Ok. But have you heard his album called God's Son. oh, and what about the song "One Mic". That's one of his best!

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent's debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts?

Will
06-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 26 2003, 04:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 26 2003, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 26 2003, 03:45 PM
What are you talking about? Forgot About Dre is guilty of this crappy rap age we&#39;ve succumbed to.

Oh, and Nas does talk about hoes, cash, etc., you probably don&#39;t even notice.

Ok. But have you heard his album called God&#39;s Son. oh, and what about the song "One Mic". That&#39;s one of his best&#33;

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent&#39;s debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts? [/b][/quote]
I still don&#39;t think Nas has the right to call himself God&#39;s Son.

And what&#39;s funny is all these rappers supposedly rap about God and whatnot yet they swear and stuff.

That&#39;s like the Pope swearing in every language he knows.

Jawknee
06-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 26 2003, 01:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 26 2003, 01:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 26 2003, 03:45 PM
What are you talking about? Forgot About Dre is guilty of this crappy rap age we&#39;ve succumbed to.

Oh, and Nas does talk about hoes, cash, etc., you probably don&#39;t even notice.

Ok. But have you heard his album called God&#39;s Son. oh, and what about the song "One Mic". That&#39;s one of his best&#33;

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent&#39;s debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts? [/b][/quote]
Yeah, rap is now supported by mindless rap-wannabes and teenie kids. Need I say more?

Bryan
06-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Jawknee+Jun 26 2003, 05:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jawknee @ Jun 26 2003, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -[Darken Hybrid]@Jun 26 2003, 01:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 26 2003, 03:45 PM

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent&#39;s debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts?
Yeah, rap is now supported by mindless rap-wannabes and teenie kids. Need I say more? [/b][/quote]
Exactly.

If you think 50 Cent is selling a lot of records because of talent, you&#39;re wrong. He&#39;s selling records because hes a trend. Right now, 50 Cent is considered the "cool" thing.

Jawknee
06-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Bryan+Jun 26 2003, 02:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ Jun 26 2003, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jawknee@Jun 26 2003, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by -[Darken Hybrid]@Jun 26 2003, 01:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 26 2003, 03:45 PM

If rap is dead, then why do think that the 50 Cent&#39;s debut album is on the 6th spot on th overall charts?
Yeah, rap is now supported by mindless rap-wannabes and teenie kids. Need I say more?
Exactly.

If you think 50 Cent is selling a lot of records because of talent, you&#39;re wrong. He&#39;s selling records because hes a trend. Right now, 50 Cent is considered the "cool" thing. [/b][/quote]
Bryan, you said it so perfectly. ^_^

Todd
06-26-2003, 09:39 PM
You can&#39;t spell "crap" without "rap"

:lol:

Kęton
06-26-2003, 09:43 PM
In my opinion, if some &#39;cool kid&#39; thinks something is cool, all the losers and what not will think it&#39;s cool, too. In my opinion, that&#39;s how it goes now days. My school, probably one of the crappiest to be a rocker and go to, it&#39;s filled with rap lovers. But as soon as one of the &#39;popular&#39; people got into Simple Plan, New Found Glory and all those other mainstream bands (except Linkin Park for some reason), the rest of them also started to &#39;like&#39; that music when before, they totally discriminate it. Now they dress like punks, and act like it and call the ones who already have done that &#39;wannabes&#39; and &#39;posers&#39;. I believe that&#39;s what music in general has become. You hear one kid go crazy over a song or something, and the followers do the same.

This is off subject, but me personally, I&#39;ve started to hate mainstream bands who don&#39;t continue the way they first came out. I used to know bands like Simple Plan and New Found Glory before they even made it big, and now that they have, and it&#39;s like "the popular" craze, I begin to dislike it because it&#39;s like, listening to a band that people who contradict themselves listen to and it&#39;s really hard to not think like that in my mind. Callm ea stereotype, but if you were being bashed for liking rock music, and then these a-holes come out after and call you a poser for liking &#39;their music&#39;, I think you&#39;d get a little upset at the things they&#39;re not associating themselves with acting like king or queen sh*t.

Woo, okay, anyways, yes, I think rap, like a lot of other stuff is starting to die out. Look at pop, basically pop died out :teehee:. All those pop stars now either went a &#39;rap&#39;ish way or they&#39;ve associated themselves with rap artists. Which might be bad news for rap if it continues to fill itself with what I&#39;ve said earlier with the whole "follow the leader" idea.

Todd
06-26-2003, 09:55 PM
My school is different. Not to stereotype or sound racist, but you have the black kids who like rap, mainly the rappers I haven&#39;t heard of. That&#39;s fine, it&#39;s their music from their ethnic background. Then you have the white kids, mostly damn teenie preps who love rap, but mainstream #### like 50 cent and Jay Z. They&#39;re the ones with expensive soundsystems in their car that drag race while blasting some DMX ####. I can&#39;t stand them. I have nothing against them liking rap. What I do have a problem with is them walking around the school like they&#39;re the next eminem, talking like it, wearing pants that barely come up to their ass crack, and grabbing their balls.

Then you have me and a few other kids who like rock music, the same stuff commonly discussed here. We&#39;re just normal kids, dress normally, no 50 dollar shirt from Abercrombie (The preps would be like their idol 50 cent and call it Fitty Dolla shirt) just normal. Then the preps think we&#39;re weird mainly for our tastes in music. I was listening to my iPod and this one prep wanted to see what music I had on there. He browsed through it and thought it was either crap or never heard of it. Then, of course, thought something was wrong with me because of what I had on there. God forbid I should listen to Disturbed. I mean, they use heavy guitars, write their own music, and when you see them live, you&#39;re seeing more than them singing along to some pre-recorded crap on a record. (Nothing against LP since most of their stuff is played live, not pre-recorded. Besides, they kick ass). And Staind, wow, I must have issues if I listen to music about suicide and depression :rolleyes:

Towards the end of the year, it was nice outside so I had my car windows open, and drove into the school parking lot with the Cold CD playing. Wasted Years was the song. I liked the song so it was loud, and a few people looked at me and the look on their faces was "what the #### is that you ####### loser? Oh my god the song talks about depression and issues like that, it sucks&#33;" I guess since it wasnt talking about their hoes and bitches and ####, they found it weird. When some of the teenie girls gave me that same look, I just wanted to hit "Previous Track" a couple times and tell them what I think about them. Stupid girls.

But you know what though? Screw them. If they want to think we&#39;re odd because of the music they like, that&#39;s fine. Just shows their complete lack of maturity.

Jawknee
06-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Keaton and Todd, combine both of your schools and then welcome to my old high school, seriously.

Kęton
06-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Todd@Jun 26 2003, 11:55 AM
My school is different. Not to stereotype or sound racist, but you have the black kids who like rap, mainly the rappers I haven&#39;t heard of. That&#39;s fine, it&#39;s their music from their ethnic background. Then you have the white kids, mostly damn teenie preps who love rap, but mainstream #### like 50 cent and Jay Z. They&#39;re the ones with expensive soundsystems in their car that drag race while blasting some DMX ####. I can&#39;t stand them. I have nothing against them liking rap. What I do have a problem with is them walking around the school like they&#39;re the next eminem, talking like it, wearing pants that barely come up to their ass crack, and grabbing their balls.

Then you have me and a few other kids who like rock music, the same stuff commonly discussed here. We&#39;re just normal kids, dress normally, no 50 dollar shirt from Abercrombie (The preps would be like their idol 50 cent and call it Fitty Dolla shirt) just normal. Then the preps think we&#39;re weird mainly for our tastes in music. I was listening to my iPod and this one prep wanted to see what music I had on there. He browsed through it and thought it was either crap or never heard of it.

Towards the end of the year, it was nice outside so I had my car windows open, and drove into the school parking lot with the Cold CD playing. Wasted Years was the song. I liked the song so it was loud, and a few people looked at me and the look on their faces was "what the #### is that you ####### loser? Oh my god the song talks about depression and issues like that, it sucks&#33;" I guess since it wasnt talking about their hoes and bitches and ####, they found it weird.

But you know what though? Screw them. If they want to think we&#39;re odd because of the music they like, that&#39;s fine. Just shows their complete lack of maturity.
Woo&#33; You said it the best&#33; Exactly what I&#39;ve gone through&#33; Sadly they don&#39;t even know what drum beats are in my school... In my English class, we had this thing called "Music appreciation" where we had to listen to a song and answer these questions on how we felt about it. Usually he plays rap, but then he played Red Hot Chilli Pepper&#39;s "Under the Bridge" (one of my favorite songs) and this idiot yells a few mintues before it ends asking if there were drum beats in that song. And sadly I yelled "You idiot&#33; What are the damn thumping sounds you&#39;re hearing you damn retard?&#33;", sadly I lost it but that was understood cause my English teacher couldn&#39;t stop laughing because I&#39;m usually the one who says nothing in class :P. I mean, even rap songs have drum beats... Maybe not actual... drums, but none the less. I hate these people who think they know music... they annoy me :lol:.

Todd
06-26-2003, 10:03 PM
lol@keaton. BTW, I added more to my post, so you might want to reread it ;)

Kęton
06-26-2003, 10:08 PM
:lol:, I can&#39;t wait until I get to drive... :shifty:. Actually, I used to do that with my friends. We&#39;d bring these mini-speakers that can attach to your CD player to school and we blasted some Mudvayne and stuff in the cafeteria and got a lot of weird looks. But it&#39;s just funny to see people who never listen to rock just jump out of their seats and stare with what people in Hawaii call "the stink eye", lmao. I love it. It makes me love rock music more because I know rap lovers will never get used to it (no offense, I&#39;m just saying that about the people in my school).

LinkinTheory
06-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Todd@Jun 26 2003, 09:55 PM
What I do have a problem with is them walking around the school like they&#39;re the next eminem, talking like it, wearing pants that barely come up to their ass crack, and grabbing their balls.

I hate the rap-crack. I mean, why in God&#39;s name would you wear pants that sag below your ass? What the hell kinda fad is that. Wear a da** belt if your da** pants don&#39;t fit&#33; And the balls grabbing came from MJ, and he&#39;s an popstar who most don&#39;t even recognize anymore.

Neil
06-27-2003, 12:35 AM
I dont know about all this. Now thinking, It&#39;s what you listen to that makes you - you. God I listen to like disney techno sometimes :lol: Who cares, I like what I like. Just when someone goes around trashin&#39; your music, thats when it becomes bad. About the rap thing. I know Forgot About Dre was a bad example lol.

Ryan
06-27-2003, 12:39 AM
Geez you guys taught me something new, 50 Cent is famous because he is "the new trend." I guess i was just too big headed to actualy realize that the guy is a huge freakin hit because he has a name like Eminem behind him. I guess I should look at the facts first though next time.

Neil
06-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by R Diddy@Jun 26 2003, 07:39 PM
Geez you guys taught me something new, 50 Cent is famous because he is "the new trend." I guess i was just too big headed to actualy realize that the guy is a huge freakin hit because he has a name like Eminem behind him. I guess I should look at the facts first though next time.
He&#39;s also &#39;been shot 9 times&#39; or something like that. Its a gimmick that works. It automatically makes him seem godlike

White Pony(turntables)
06-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Neil@Jun 26 2003, 05:40 PM

He&#39;s also &#39;been shot 9 times&#39; or something like that.
AGHAHAHAHA AAHAHA

OH CRAP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

THAT WAS THE BEST THING IVE READ ALL DAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

HE ACTULLY GOT SHOT NINE TIMES&#33;?&#33;

AHAHAHAHA THAT IS THE BEST THING EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kęton
06-27-2003, 01:01 AM
Having a big name behind you doesn&#39;t actually mean you&#39;re going to be popular or that just because you are behind a &#39;big name celebrity&#39; doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s how you sell. If in fact, he is using Eminem&#39;s name as a sort of way to gain record sells, then you have to think what would happen if he didn&#39;t have Eminem? Besides that, I know what you&#39;re saying but having a backup &#39;big name&#39; doesn&#39;t always work. People in my school just love rap, maybe not 50 cent in general, but they hate Eminem. So does that mean they&#39;re liking Eminem just because he&#39;s &#39;tight&#39; with 50 cent? Again, it goes back to the trends. It&#39;s human nature for people to follow every now and then, and I believe music is one of those things.

Ryan
06-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Keaton@Jun 26 2003, 06:01 PM
Having a big name behind you doesn&#39;t actually mean you&#39;re going to be popular or that just because you are behind a &#39;big name celebrity&#39; doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s how you sell. If in fact, he is using Eminem&#39;s name as a sort of way to gain record sells, then you have to think what would happen if he didn&#39;t have Eminem? Besides that, I know what you&#39;re saying but having a backup &#39;big name&#39; doesn&#39;t always work. People in my school just love rap, maybe not 50 cent in general, but they hate Eminem. So does that mean they&#39;re liking Eminem just because he&#39;s &#39;tight&#39; with 50 cent? Again, it goes back to the trends. It&#39;s human nature for people to follow every now and then, and I believe music is one of those things.
Yah for sure I hear what your saying. But i mean I would honestly have to say that at least half of the sales for 50 Cent were because of Eminem. All his teenie fans that he has hear that he produced the CD and is part of a few songs so they go buy the CD. Especially when they hear the poppy songs In Da Club and 21 Questions.

Edit: To White Pony (turntables): See this is also the point that I am trying to make, hardly anybody here knows anything about 50 Cent. They just hate him cause he is a rapper. Or becasue they think he is only rapping because he is just in it for the money. So lets get the facts straight before we go bashing other people and the music that they like.

Will
06-27-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by White Pony(turntables)+Jun 26 2003, 08:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Pony(turntables) @ Jun 26 2003, 08:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Neil@Jun 26 2003, 05:40 PM

He&#39;s also &#39;been shot 9 times&#39; or something like that.
AGHAHAHAHA AAHAHA

OH CRAP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

THAT WAS THE BEST THING IVE READ ALL DAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

AHAHAHAHA THAT IS THE BEST THING EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
Lay off the caps, please.

Neil
06-27-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by White Pony(turntables)@Jun 26 2003, 07:59 PM

Unfortunately, the guy had bad aim :argh:

Shinji
06-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 26 2003, 10:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 26 2003, 10:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 26 2003, 03:45 PM

PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT 50 Pence (are whatever he&#39;s called) :angry: i hate that guy

Shinji
06-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Neil+Jun 27 2003, 03:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neil @ Jun 27 2003, 03:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--White Pony(turntables)@Jun 26 2003, 07:59 PM

Unfortunately, the guy had bad aim :argh: [/b][/quote]

Jawknee
06-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by R Diddy+Jun 26 2003, 06:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (R Diddy @ Jun 26 2003, 06:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Keaton@Jun 26 2003, 06:01 PM
Yah for sure I hear what your saying. But i mean I would honestly have to say that at least half of the sales for 50 Cent were because of Eminem. All his teenie fans that he has hear that he produced the CD and is part of a few songs so they go buy the CD. Especially when they hear the poppy songs In Da Club and 21 Questions.

Edit: To White Pony (turntables): See this is also the point that I am trying to make, hardly anybody here knows anything about 50 Cent. They just hate him cause he is a rapper. Or becasue they think he is only rapping because he is just in it for the money. So lets get the facts straight before we go bashing other people and the music that they like. [/b][/quote]
What facts? Could they be any simpler?

He sucked back in the day, he was shot nine times, he lived, Eminem took him by the hand and said "It&#39;s time for you to enter the world of teenieness...a world where only girls and some nonsensical boys think we have talent. You ready? Here we go&#33;" Then he signed up with Eminem and made money.

End of story.

Kęton
06-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Jawknee+Jun 27 2003, 01:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jawknee @ Jun 27 2003, 01:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -R Diddy@Jun 26 2003, 06:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Keaton@Jun 26 2003, 06:01 PM

Edit: To White Pony (turntables): See this is also the point that I am trying to make, hardly anybody here knows anything about 50 Cent. They just hate him cause he is a rapper. Or becasue they think he is only rapping because he is just in it for the money. So lets get the facts straight before we go bashing other people and the music that they like.

He sucked back in the day, he was shot nine times, he lived, Eminem took him by the hand and said "It&#39;s time for you to enter the world of teenieness...a world where only girls and some nonsensical boys think we have talent. You ready? Here we go&#33;" Then he signed up with Eminem and made money.

End of story. [/b][/quote]

[Darken Hybrid]
06-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Jawknee+Jun 27 2003, 06:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jawknee @ Jun 27 2003, 06:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

50 cent didn&#39;t suck &#39;back in the days&#39;. He was going to record his first debut video back in 2000 (i think) and 4 days before he got shot. He was going to be popular anyways because i&#39;ve heard his songs and his other albums and those are great too. by the way, I hate eminem. I think that 50 Cent and his G-Unit crew it have done better.

Jawknee
06-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Are you kidding me?&#33; G-UNIT SUCKS&#33; Do you even know who they are?&#33; Have you ever heard them?&#33; How can you like that crap???&#33;

Garbage Unit and 50 Dense suck&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

User Name
06-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Maybe so, but your signature is breaking 7 or 8 inches. The limit is 5 1/2, if I am correct.

EDIT: (Post directed at Darken)

[Darken Hybrid]
06-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Jawknee@Jun 27 2003, 05:42 PM
Are you kidding me?&#33; G-UNIT SUCKS&#33; Do you even know who they are?&#33; Have you ever heard them?&#33; How can you like that crap???&#33;

I know who they are. I haven&#39;t heard much from the G-Unit crew but Tony Yayo, Young Buck, and Lloyd Banks are pretty good.

Jawknee
06-28-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 27 2003, 03:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 27 2003, 03:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 27 2003, 05:42 PM

I know who they are. I haven&#39;t heard much from the G-Unit crew but Tony Yayo, Young Buck, and Lloyd Banks are pretty good. [/b][/quote]
Are you backwards, or something, good sir?&#33;

Do you eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner? Do you finish all your fries and then eat your burger?

Oh wait, I&#39;m talking about me. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I tried to like 50 Cent, I did, but it&#39;s just the same old crap.

Oh, and Cameron, I actually measured his sig with a ruler and it&#39;s 6.3 inches. ;)

Will
06-28-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]@Jun 27 2003, 06:32 PM
50 cent didn&#39;t suck &#39;back in the days&#39;. He was going to record his first debut video back in 2000 (i think) and 4 days before he got shot. He was going to be popular anyways because i&#39;ve heard his songs and his other albums and those are great too. by the way, I hate eminem. I think that 50 Cent and his G-Unit crew it have done better.
So, basically you&#39;re saying that, just because you liked his songs that he would&#39;ve been popular anyway?

Right, and I&#39;m going to become the Pope and speak 1000 languages.

[Darken Hybrid]
06-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Jawknee@Jun 27 2003, 08:05 PM

Oh, and Cameron, I actually measured his sig with a ruler and it&#39;s 6.3 inches. ;)
I&#39;ll make my sig shorter. :)

User Name
06-28-2003, 01:32 AM

Really? :lol:

[Darken Hybrid]
06-28-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Cameron@Jun 27 2003, 08:32 PM

:chemist:

Will
06-28-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Cameron@Jun 27 2003, 09:32 PM

My dad actually had a dream that he bought something for me that would help me become the Pope. It made no sense at all, but it was really hilarious.

And I&#39;m not even Catholic. I&#39;ll be the first non-Catholic Pope. :lol:

Ryan
06-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Jawknee+Jun 27 2003, 04:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jawknee @ Jun 27 2003, 04:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

No see this is what I am trying to get at bro. I don&#39;t care if people hate other music, in fact that is what makes the music world go round. But when you choose to hate somebody for absurd reasons is just stupid. You can&#39;t say that you hate the guy cause teenies like him, cause if that was your reasoning for every muscian/artist then I would say that you would hate every band out there. It&#39;s a fact teenies will be into what ever is hot and yes hot music at the moment would include Linkin Park. Then also saying that these he is just in it for the money, can you tell me an artist who isn&#39;t in it for the money. I could asure you that if musicians were guaranteed to only make the average salary in America there would be alot of Artists that would have made a different decision and wouldn&#39;t be musicians. Sure they like music and the like entertainment, but if it didn&#39;t pay good why do it cause honmestly it is hard work. Basically my point is you guys hate him for all the reasons that you should hate other musicians out there but for whatever reason you don&#39;t hate other artists just 50 Cent. Anyhow though i am sure my point won&#39;t get accross.

So what the hell 50 Cent sucks cause he is a sellout/ cause he is in it for the money/ cause teenies like him.

Jawknee
06-28-2003, 03:31 AM
You&#39;re missing my points:

I hate 50 Cent (Here I go again) because:

He raps about the same sh&#33;t everyone else does. He&#39;s no snowflake, he&#39;s the same old crap.

He sounds like sh&#33;t. What is that, a retarded robot rapping or something?

His beats suck so much, I think they&#39;re the worst thing ever.

He&#39;s a sellout by following Eminem&#39;s path of doing a movie.

Of course all artists are in it for the money, but there&#39;s MORE to it than that. Notice that LP gives back to the fans??? Everyone is in it for the money, but not JUST that, and apparently 50&#39;s only in it for cash.

Ryan
06-28-2003, 03:50 AM
Basically when I get down to it my point is this there is already a 50 Cent thread started where you guys are all saynig the same crpa bashing him and what not. Then someone starts a new thread about rap and how it is more popular and is going away from the traditional rap style and somehow you guys all turn it back into one big 50 Cent talking #### fest. Yah we all get your point, you guys simply hate 50 Cent. So ya know what this topic is getting a little full, anyone mind if i start a new topic on rap and we can turn it into how 50 Cent is so shitty?

[Darken Hybrid]
06-28-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Jawknee@Jun 27 2003, 10:31 PM

He raps about the same sh&#33;t everyone else does. He&#39;s no snowflake, he&#39;s the same old crap.

Of course all artists are in it for the money, but there&#39;s MORE to it than that. Notice that LP gives back to the fans??? Everyone is in it for the money, but not JUST that, and apparently 50&#39;s only in it for cash.
he doesn&#39;t rap about the same thing other rappers do. If you would have read my review completely (which i know you did) you&#39;d noticed that I said that the theme of the album is about revenge to the people that shot him. Yes, he does rap about drugs, bling bling, hoes, and the other things other rappers rap about. But he only raps about that because he would get love by the &#39;streets&#39; then. Because you see rappers like Jurasic 5 they don&#39;t get much love by the &#39;streets&#39;, i mean they don&#39;t sell that much and don&#39;t get many air play. And that&#39;s why rap artist rap about that.

Again, he sounds like a &#39;retarded robot rapping&#39; becuase he got shot. :)

Don&#39;t say that his beats sucks because he doesn&#39;t produced them. Most of them are from Dr. Dre and some other guy. ;)

And he is not a sellout&#33; ^_^

Please&#33;&#33; Don&#39;t comment on this.... :( PLease...

R Diddy., I agree with you 100%. :)

Will
06-28-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 28 2003, 12:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 28 2003, 12:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 27 2003, 10:31 PM

he doesn&#39;t rap about the same thing other rappers do. If you would have read my review completely (which i know you did) you&#39;d noticed that I said that the theme of the album is about revenge to the people that shot him. Yes, he does rap about drugs, bling bling, hoes, and the other things other rappers rap about. But he only raps about that because he would get love by the &#39;streets&#39; then. Because you see rappers like Jurasic 5 they don&#39;t get much love by the &#39;streets&#39;, i mean they don&#39;t sell that much and don&#39;t get many air play. And that&#39;s why rap artist rap about that.

Again, he sounds like a &#39;retarded robot rapping&#39; becuase he got shot. :)

Don&#39;t say that his beats sucks because he doesn&#39;t produced them. Most of them are from Dr. Dre and some other guy. ;)

And he is not a sellout&#33; ^_^

Please&#33;&#33; Don&#39;t comment on this.... :( PLease...

R Diddy., I agree with you 100%. :) [/b][/quote]
J5 could body slam 50 Cent all around the world 18 times.

Jawknee
06-28-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]@Jun 27 2003, 09:22 PM
If you would have read my review completely (which i know you did)
Does that even make sense?? LOL.

And rapping about revenge??? Hmm...sounds like regular crap...I mean, rap to me.

J5 doesnt need love from the streets. WTF is the streets?&#33; You act like you know.

J5 gets love from fans, they&#39;re not in it purely for money and they mention that in their lyrics.

sup103
06-28-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]@Jun 28 2003, 04:22 AM
Uh, because he was such before? How is he different from other mainstream rappers? All I need is a gun, cloth around my head, and a bad home life and it could sell millions too. He is a sellout, you have no case against that. I dont see him doing anything special for his fans. This is a big reason why mainstream rap blows, because they dont care about their fans at all, the people giving them the money.

[Darken Hybrid]
06-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by sup103+Jun 27 2003, 11:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sup103 @ Jun 27 2003, 11:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--[Darken Hybrid]@Jun 28 2003, 04:22 AM
Uh, because he was such before? How is he different from other mainstream rappers? All I need is a gun, cloth around my head, and a bad home life and it could sell millions too. He is a sellout, you have no case against that. I dont see him doing anything special for his fans. This is a big reason why mainstream rap blows, because they dont care about their fans at all, the people giving them the money. [/b][/quote]
that&#39;s why rap is rap. Rap music is not like rock. Think about it.

Will
06-28-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 28 2003, 12:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 28 2003, 12:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -sup103@Jun 27 2003, 11:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--[Darken Hybrid]@Jun 28 2003, 04:22 AM
Uh, because he was such before? How is he different from other mainstream rappers? All I need is a gun, cloth around my head, and a bad home life and it could sell millions too. He is a sellout, you have no case against that. I dont see him doing anything special for his fans. This is a big reason why mainstream rap blows, because they dont care about their fans at all, the people giving them the money.
that&#39;s why rap is rap. Rap music is not like rock. Think about it. [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s why rap sucks. :lol:

sup103
06-28-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+Jun 28 2003, 04:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ Jun 28 2003, 04:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
that&#39;s why rap is rap. Rap music is not like rock. Think about it. [/b][/quote]
Thats why rap is full of BS these days. Its one huge bandwagon, and noone can ever pick out a favorite artist because in a matter of months they die off. Rock bands dont forget their fans. What the hell is the point of listening to a rap artist if all they want is your money then to leave them alone until the remix CD or huge movie they make. Not to mention rap artists produce like mad. Get this- Dr Dre produced Em&#39;s first LP, who produced 50 Cent&#39;s newest one, who is going to produce some G-Unit guy&#39;s LP or whatever. Give me a break.

Jawknee
06-28-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by sup103+Jun 27 2003, 09:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sup103 @ Jun 27 2003, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -[Darken Hybrid]@Jun 28 2003, 04:38 AM

that&#39;s why rap is rap. Rap music is not like rock. Think about it.
Thats why rap is full of BS these days. Its one huge bandwagon, and noone can ever pick out a favorite artist because in a matter of months they die off. Rock bands dont forget their fans. What the hell is the point of listening to a rap artist if all they want is your money then to leave them alone until the remix CD or huge movie they make. Not to mention rap artists produce like mad. Get this- Dr Dre produced Em&#39;s first LP, who produced 50 Cent&#39;s newest one, who is going to produce some G-Unit guy&#39;s LP or whatever. Give me a break. [/b][/quote]
Sup103, you are the man&#33;&#33; I couldn&#39;t have said it better.

Darken, you can&#39;t win us over, why try. We&#39;re stating facts, not opinions anymore.

[Darken Hybrid]
06-28-2003, 05:00 AM
:( .... (w00t) :) I WILL NOT GIVE UP... (must not give up... :( )

Shinji
06-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]@Jun 28 2003, 07:00 AM
:( .... (w00t) :) I WILL NOT GIVE UP... (must not give up... :( )
:mellow:

Ryan
06-29-2003, 07:30 PM
It&#39;s still kinda funny how most of you posting in this forum hate rap so much. Most of Mikes inspiration for being a emcee and rapping came from many great rappers such as (looks over at the Reanimation CD) Pharoe Munch (looks at spelling and isn&#39;t sure), Chali 2na, then looks at other people such as Xzibit, Proof and the rest of the D12 clan (which yes includes 50 Cents best buddy Eminem). I think Mike must be getting some pretty poor inspiration from these rappers who "rap about the same old sh&#33;t." But then again maybe it&#39;s just me.

Jawknee
06-29-2003, 08:35 PM
I don&#39;t care if Mike said his inspiration came from 50 Cent, or a TOILET.

The point is, Mike doens&#39;t COPY these people who influence him, they just motivate and inspire him.

BTW Pharoe Monch has talent, along with Chali 2na. Xzibit is okay. But we&#39;re dissing 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Nelly, and Jay-Z, here.

Mike has talent...not the ones I just mentioned.

I&#39;m glad you find it funny.

Kęton
06-29-2003, 08:35 PM
I wanna&#39; see a rock video where they flash money as the main idea. I have yet to see one except for Blink 182&#39;s "The Rock Show" :lol:.

No I wasn&#39;t bashing anything there, but I believe rap is more about the money seeing they like to show it off so much... Even my mom agrees (and she IS a rap fan who likes 50, and all these other people) that rap today is nothing like it was before; and I quote, "now days, you need your cash, bitches and hoes in a rap video, what ever happened to just rapping about something fun and never having these women in almost nothing coming around and seducing the rapper? I love rap but I can&#39;t stand their videos now days." :).

I don&#39;t actually "hate" rap, so please don&#39;t put me in that category, but what I do hate is the fact that rap is taking the same road that pop did. Where is pop now? Absolutely no where; it&#39;s dead, gone, *poof*, yes, gone... I used to love the older rap stuff, but now with all these other rappers &#39;comin&#39; up&#39;, I just can&#39;t stand it anymore. The beats they are rapping to nowdays is like listening to a record skip over and over and over for 3+ minutes >_<. Trust me guys, I understand how you feel about rap and all, but I seriously cannot stand it anymore until it goes back to the way it was. The simple videos where you don&#39;t have so much adultry. It&#39;s hard to watch a man being grovelled by a female when you&#39;re watching music videos with your parents sometimes, you know&#33;

Jawknee
06-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah, although I said rap was dead, I meant mainstream rap is dead as it&#39;s been taken over by artists like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Hot Boyz, etc.

I like some artists:
J5
Grassroots
Mos Def

etc.

Ryan
06-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Oh okay, I didn&#39;t realize that you guys didn&#39;t actually hate rap. I mean its just that everytime somebody made a topic aobut rap it seemed that the same people would just come out and start bashing it and bring up 50 Cent and a few others adn say a bunch of crap about them and the rap world. Now I mena I see your points in what you were trying to say in the first place. Sorry for jumping all over you guys and getting pissed of about your posts that you guys made.

Kęton
06-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by R Diddy@Jun 30 2003, 10:48 AM
Oh okay, I didn&#39;t realize that you guys didn&#39;t actually hate rap. I mean its just that everytime somebody made a topic aobut rap it seemed that the same people would just come out and start bashing it and bring up 50 Cent and a few others adn say a bunch of crap about them and the rap world. Now I mena I see your points in what you were trying to say in the first place. Sorry for jumping all over you guys and getting pissed of about your posts that you guys made.
Well, it&#39;s quite alright. It&#39;s human nature for someone to defend something they care about ^_^. Sometimes it ends up pretty dirty but then, :chemist:. Anyways, yeah... Human nature *rock on*&#33;

lol...

Jawknee
06-30-2003, 08:58 PM
:D We&#39;re all friends&#33;

Will
07-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Jawknee@Jun 30 2003, 04:58 PM
:D We&#39;re all friends&#33;
Not me. I hate you.

John.
07-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Jawknee@Jun 29 2003, 03:35 PM

The point is, Mike doens&#39;t COPY these people who influence him, they just motivate and inspire him.

BTW Pharoe Monch has talent, along with Chali 2na. Xzibit is okay. But we&#39;re dissing 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Nelly, and Jay-Z, here.

I agree what Jawknee says about Mike.

Will
07-01-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Defman+Jul 1 2003, 10:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Defman @ Jul 1 2003, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jawknee@Jun 29 2003, 03:35 PM

I agree what Jawknee says about Mike. [/b][/quote]
Me, too. I didn&#39;t see his post before.

Linkin Park was influenced by Depeche Mode but did they copy them completely? No. They were just motivated by them to create music that was just as good (...better), not to copy them.

That&#39;s what most rap artists do. They might as well just rap about how another artist influenced them while they copy their beats and I&#39;m going to stop talking because I have no idea what I&#39;m saying now. :mellow:

John.
07-01-2003, 03:06 PM
I like how Mike raps because he doesn&#39;t rap about what other people do, (gangsters, guns, killing people, and stuff in that category)

Will
07-01-2003, 03:08 PM
That&#39;s because he&#39;s in a rock band, so he&#39;ll write about the same stuff rock bands do, most of the time.

At least that&#39;s how I see it, though I&#39;m sure Mike would be like Atmosphere if he was a solo rap artist, and rap about real things like he does with LP anyway, and use giant words that are impossible to rhyme but he figures it out.

John.
07-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Will@Jul 1 2003, 10:08 AM
That&#39;s because he&#39;s in a rock band, so he&#39;ll write about the same stuff rock bands do, most of the time.

At least that&#39;s how I see it, though I&#39;m sure Mike would be like Atmosphere if he was a solo rap artist, and rap about real things like he does with LP anyway, and use giant words that are impossible to rhyme but he figures it out.
yeah, but I don&#39;t think he&#39;d rap about it anyway, take It&#39;s Goin Down for example, he didn&#39;t get to serious in that...but it&#39;d be cool if he made a solo debut album.

PP:KUt
07-01-2003, 09:12 PM
ahh yes the ole rap topic....hmm, so many rap haters, WHY?&#33; rap is another form of music...i gotta agree that i dont like kids walkin around w/their pants to their ankles and what not, but hey thats their style, just like rockers wear their rock band tshirts and spiky wristbands and stuff...so its just a "style". now everyone seems to "hate" 50 cent for some reason. some say hes in it for the money, other people hate him because hes too trendy or whatever. but i think he is very talented, when i heard his song "wanksta" i was impressed, and i wanted to know if he had a cd out, and when it came out i bought it. and i like just bout all the tracks on the cd, cause his lyrics are verrry gooood. peeps are sayin that 50 only sold as much as he did cause of eminem? well u know what, thats prolly true, but i think that if he had no relation w/eminem, he would have sold almost as much, because he is THE NEW RAP&#33;&#33; and think about it, eminem wouldnt nearly be as popular as he is 2day w/out dre, so everyones gotta start somehwere ya know?&#33; the only person i can understand peeps hating is ja rule....cause hes completely fake to me, his old street stuff is good but once irv gotti got a hold of him, it was all over for him. i dont liek him AT ALL haha. and 50 cent actually did get shot 9 times, 1 of them bein in the mouth(OUCH&#33;), and that shot has affected his voice slightly. so if u think "wow he talks weird" its cause of that bullet. so i think u ####ers who hate rap should kinda take a listen to it...if u want a good rap album, listen to NAS, he talks about life and not the rims/bitches and ####. he is a very truthful and good rapper, and he DOES have a right to call himself gods son. so people who say that rap is dying, nnnope, i think its startin to rise thanks to em 50 nas lil jon etc. and everyone should listen to JIN(a chinese rapper), who is prolly the best freestyle rapper i&#39;ve ever heard besides eminem. well thats it, hope u enjoyed folks muahahaha

John.
07-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by PP:KUt@Jul 1 2003, 04:12 PM
ahh yes the ole rap topic....hmm, so many rap haters, WHY?&#33; rap is another form of music...i gotta agree that i dont like kids walkin around w/their pants to their ankles and what not, but hey thats their style, just like rockers wear their rock band tshirts and spiky wristbands and stuff...so its just a "style". now everyone seems to "hate" 50 cent for some reason. some say hes in it for the money, other people hate him because hes too trendy or whatever. but i think he is very talented, when i heard his song "wanksta" i was impressed, and i wanted to know if he had a cd out, and when it came out i bought it. and i like just bout all the tracks on the cd, cause his lyrics are verrry gooood. peeps are sayin that 50 only sold as much as he did cause of eminem? well u know what, thats prolly true, but i think that if he had no relation w/eminem, he would have sold almost as much, because he is THE NEW RAP&#33;&#33; and think about it, eminem wouldnt nearly be as popular as he is 2day w/out dre, so everyones gotta start somehwere ya know?&#33; the only person i can understand peeps hating is ja rule....cause hes completely fake to me, his old street stuff is good but once irv gotti got a hold of him, it was all over for him. i dont liek him AT ALL haha. and 50 cent actually did get shot 9 times, 1 of them bein in the mouth(OUCH&#33;), and that shot has affected his voice slightly. so if u think "wow he talks weird" its cause of that bullet. so i think u ####ers who hate rap should kinda take a listen to it...if u want a good rap album, listen to NAS, he talks about life and not the rims/bitches and ####. he is a very truthful and good rapper, and he DOES have a right to call himself gods son. so people who say that rap is dying, nnnope, i think its startin to rise thanks to em 50 nas lil jon etc. and everyone should listen to JIN(a chinese rapper), who is prolly the best freestyle rapper i&#39;ve ever heard besides eminem. well thats it, hope u enjoyed folks muahahaha
I&#39;m probably the person on this board who like&#39;s rap the most, then [Darken Hybrid] and Nas is my second favorite rapper...I don&#39;t hate on rap

Will
07-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Lyrics in a rap song... good?

Maybe if it&#39;s Eminem&#39;s "Stan."

Or X-ecutioners&#39; "It&#39;s Goin&#39; Down."

Kęton
07-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Why is it whenever I think the rap and rock sides finally come to a calm compromise someones gotta&#39; start it up again? Let us just drop these differences we have and continue on with out lives. No offense, but basically what you said is what everyone has been saying and I really see no point in everyone repeating themselves. "Somebody stop the madness&#33;"

Jawknee
07-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Thank you Keaton. :)

Will
07-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Keaton@Jul 1 2003, 05:22 PM
Why is it whenever I think the rap and rock sides finally come to a calm compromise someones gotta&#39; start it up again? Let us just drop these differences we have and continue on with out lives. No offense, but basically what you said is what everyone has been saying and I really see no point in everyone repeating themselves. "Somebody stop the madness&#33;"
Good idea.