PDA

View Full Version : MTV's New Spider-Man Animated Series

[Darken Hybrid]
06-24-2003, 02:21 AM
Sony's new Spider-Man animated series has a premiere date. After several months of delays, the new series has been scheduled to premiere July 11 at 10:00 p.m. on MTV. The new series, which was scheduled to premiere last November on the network picks up where the blockbuster feature film left off with Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, Mary Jane Watson and Harry Osborn now attending college. The series will premiere with the episode entitled The Party.

Spider-Man, based on the popular Marvel character, is being animated by computer animation pioneers Mainframe Entertainment. The animation will have a very distinct look that does not look anything like Mainframe's past series. It will feature a more distinct cel-animated look than the more 3D-looking Mainframe series of the past.

The talented cast includes Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, M.D.) as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, recording-artist Lisa Loeb as Peter's love-interest, Mary Jane Watson and Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills, 90210) as Harry Osborn. Additionally, celebrity guests including Spider-Man comic-book co-creator, Stan Lee , Ethan Embry and Michael Duncan Clarke will make appearances on the series.

The following is an episode guide of the first eleven episodes of the new series:

#01 - The Party
#02 - Keeping Secrets
#03 - Shutterbuggery
#04 - Tight Squeeze
#05 - Royal Scam
#06 - Heroes and Villains
#07 - Head Over Heels
#08 - Law of the Jungle
#09 - When Sparks Fly
#10 - Flash Memory
#11 - Preying Mantis

I saw a preview video about this series a long time ago. I forgot where I saw it...

Jawknee
06-24-2003, 08:58 AM
MTV AND SPIDER-MAN? Psh. No thank you. :mellow:

User Name
06-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I never really saw it as something that would go on MTV. A bit wierd if you ask me.

Chrissy
06-24-2003, 07:08 PM
from the previews i saw of this, it looked like they were going to majorly ruin spider-man. im definitely not watching this.

linkinparkbby101
06-25-2003, 01:54 AM
i love spiderman sooooo much but spiderman/mtv? ummm... :rasberry:

MentalMel911
06-25-2003, 03:28 AM
Two words for ya: Oh God.

Shinji
06-26-2003, 11:17 AM
MTV & SPIDERMAN :mellow:

[Darken Hybrid]
06-28-2003, 03:27 PM
I saw the preview on MTV. It looks kinda cel shaded but not really cel shaded. It looks kool. At least it's something until Spider-Man 2 comes out.

Edit: View the commercial here (http://www.picturedot.com/ArtistDefault-VideoPage.asp?VideoSpeed=H&VID=2847). it's in bad quality, though.

[Darken Hybrid]
07-14-2003, 03:06 AM
I saw the 2 episodes that aired on Friday on MTV @ 10 pm. It was like nothing seen before. It's like some weird 2D and 3D combination. It was awesome and interesting. The story takes place after the movie. I like how everything turned out. I think it's the best Spider-Man series yet. I can't wait to see the next episodes. That's something amazing until Spider-Man 2 comes out, which will be almost a year from now.

Anybody else saw it?

Kęton
07-14-2003, 03:52 AM
The story lines and such are all right, but the sad thing is the animation >_<. I was a little disappointed in the way the characters moved and everything... It&#39;s like a really bad computer graphic...show... I still like it... I just wish the animations were better :&#092;.

Chrissy
07-14-2003, 03:14 PM
it worked for ReBoot, but that was because those guys were inside of a computer, the animation made sense. but, i didn&#39;t look good at all from the five second clips I saw of it. Poor Mainframe, I don&#39;t think they&#39;re doing well.

Alacrity
07-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Eh Spider man is ok but MJ really doesntlook good...the computer graphics make them look blocky instead of realistic. Its OK though

Sludge Factory
07-14-2003, 06:09 PM
They arent supposed to look realistic. They are "cartoon" type characters.

I saw that episode with that green lady and her sword. Its a pretty cool show. I still dont know why its on MTV though. :wth:

LinkinTheory
07-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Caught a couple seconds of it. didn&#39;t like the animation style. The shadows look messed up. Especially the facial shadowing.

[Darken Hybrid]
07-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by blastox@Jul 14 2003, 01:09 PM
They arent supposed to look realistic. They are "cartoon" type characters.

I saw that episode with that green lady and her sword. Its a pretty cool show. I still dont know why its on MTV though. :wth:
Because some of the materials aren&#39;t for children, so it can&#39;t be on Kids WB or Cartoon Network. It&#39;s more for "matured" audience, and that&#39;s why it&#39;s on the 10 spot on MTV.

Morbid Raven
07-15-2003, 03:47 AM
Hmm the plot of the Spider-Man thing is okay.. The characters did look weird but I guess it&#39;s worth watching imo..