PDA

View Full Version : LIVING THINGS compared to Meteora

TINFOILPOWER
07-31-2012, 01:56 AM
I've got to have listened to every song on both of these albums at least 25 times and I've read about how much people hate Meteora but I think that Meteora has songs that are a lot better than the songs on LIVING THINGS. So basically what this thread is asking is which, if any, Meteora songs are better than a certain LIVING THINGS song or vice-versa. With an overall of question of is Meteora better than LIVING THINGS?

I really like Meteora and although I do not hate LIVING THINGS, in fact, I think it's one of Linkin Park's better albums this would be my list.

Foreward- Every LT song, of course
Don't Stay- IMR, Powerless, COG
Somewhere I Belong- IMR, Powerless, BID
Lying From You- IMR, RU, LITE
Hit the Floor- LITE, IMR, Powerless, BID, RU
Easier to Run- LITE, RU
Faint- IMR, Powerless
Figure.09- None.
Breaking the Habit- None.
From the Inside- None.
Session- Being an instrumental, I can't really rate this one.
Numb- LITE, IMR, Powerless

So, yes I do believe Meteora is better than LIVING THINGS.

Geki
07-31-2012, 02:03 AM
Hell NO.

TINFOILPOWER
07-31-2012, 02:05 AM
Hell NO.

Why?

Pidgeon
07-31-2012, 02:15 AM
:facepalm: I'm sick of comparing old to new. Partially because they're not fucking comparable. Can we end this? Please, for the love of god.

TINFOILPOWER
07-31-2012, 02:19 AM
:facepalm: I'm sick of comparing old to new. Partially because they're not fucking comparable. Can we end this? Please, for the love of god.

You can compare them, easily.

Zak
07-31-2012, 02:34 AM
This is the same as you trying to compare how fast you could run when you were 7 with how fast you could run when you were 16. Yes it is comparable in some aspects but it doesn't make sense as there are too many factors.

Their style change has been significant enough that comparison between them is now down to pure opinion and musical taste rather than the technical aspect of each album.

Pidgeon
07-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Dude, they're 2 completely different genres. 2 totally different styles of music. It's just an argument over taste in music. As well, the band has progressed talent wise and creatively. Based on where there where and where they are now, you just can't compare the 2. I know, cause we've been trying for this entire album cycle so even if we could I'm over it.

mastae
07-31-2012, 04:47 AM
Dude, they're 2 completely different genres.
Not really.

If you really think about it, their entire discography is "rap/rock" with variations of the elements that make up those genres in between. In essence, the band never changed... just the way they approached the genre.

Zak
07-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Not really.

If you really think about it, their entire discography is "rap/rock" with variations of the elements that make up those genres in between. In essence, the band never changed... just the way they approached the genre.

There seems to be a lack of rap in most LT songs.

Elaine
07-31-2012, 04:55 AM
:facepalm:

That is all.

Minus
07-31-2012, 05:14 AM
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flip-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute and pull some strings
I'm gonna tell you Meteora is worse than Living Things

In 2003 or so, a band named LP
Wrote a duplicate of the album Hybrid Theory
Chillin' out, maxin', rehashing old shit
Not being creative just churning out hits

When Don Gilmore was like, "Yo I don't like your rhymes
Rewrite Somewhere I Belong about 100 times!"
"Why don't we write a song that's called Don't Stay?"
"Couldn't we just name it Leave?" "That's not emo, no way!"

Chester screamed, Mike rapped, Brad played powerchords
"Oh shit let's drop the tuning!" It's still pretty bored
Use the words 'lies' and 'ignore' in every song if you could
And in ETR Mike rhymes "would" with "would" with "would"

Now intro verse chorus verse chorus than bridge
End chorus, sound familiar? You bet it did!
Look at Meteora, I'll confirm what you heard
Same structure on every song (well the ones that have words)

I've done enough talking about why Meteora sucks
(Even though I could keep going and never get stuck)
So I'm going to move on to the king of the ring
And tell you why I prefer the album called Living Things

-------

I'm switching styles, can't you tell?
Because I argue so well
Living Things is so swell
But now you're in my way

The songs are lyrically diverse
It's not just "lies" in the verse
A musical journey to traverse
But still you say "no" all day

-------

Honestly I'd keep going but TINFOILPOWER just had his name changed like 6 times in the last 20 minutes and I need to have a Joest-sex cigarette from all the amazing.

TO BE CONTINUED

TINFOILPOWER
07-31-2012, 05:17 AM
The lyrics to every Meteora song are some of the most thought out lyrics I've ever heard!

deftonesfan867
07-31-2012, 05:18 AM
Amazing.

TINFOILPOWER
07-31-2012, 05:25 AM
The would, would and would in ETR makes sense.

Zak
07-31-2012, 05:49 AM
The would, would and would in ETR makes sense.

Suuuuuure it does.

"FREAKING TINFOILPOWER WHY ARE YOU CHANGING IT TO THESE THIGNS"

ZoeLinkingal
07-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Good gracious.

Filip
07-31-2012, 09:17 AM
I think LT is much better than Meteora, but I'd still say BTH is much better than songs like IMR, BID, IBG...

Nish
07-31-2012, 09:23 AM

Agreed. I'm not a Meteora basher cause it and I had some good times back in the day. But LIVING THINGS is just a much better album.

Robert
07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Living Things varies more.

RiseFromTheAshez
07-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Meteora>Hybrid Theory>Living Things & Minutes To Midnight>A Thousand Suns

Faint into Pieces
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
The lyrics to every Meteora song are some of the most thought out lyrics I've ever heard!

Ummmmm... What?

The lyrics in Meteora are total garbage. Back when Linkin Park only knew the words "you" "me" "I" and "lies".

Oh, and they knew how to rhyme heal, feel, and real. Thought out lyrics indeed.

Blackee Dammet
08-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Meteora was a better exercise in making a plethora of musical genres palatable for a a "hard rock" audience, but had very few songs that were genuinely good on their own merits, whereas Living Things a better example of them really blending the genres into some seemless blur, but while the end result was a little more appealing in terms of an "original sound" point, the album for the most part sounds very samey, though oddly enough like Meteora, has a few really standout songs.

In the end, they both do completely different things and still end up in the same place, albeit Meteora failed with too much variety where Living Things dropped the ball with not enough. I give Living Things the edge, though.

Pidgeon
08-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Not really.

Meteora was pop metal record. LT is almost straight pop. The only similarity is the return to radio friendly songs. And while the lyrics are much more thought out they've kind of returned back to the angsty lyrics. But with that said the lyrics are A LOT more thought out and just better in general. Which goes back to the point that you can't compare because of bands gained experience.

Elaine
08-01-2012, 03:41 AM
And while the lyrics are much more thought out they've kind of returned back to the angsty lyrics.

Wat.

Okay.

Comparison time.

"I CANT FAINT, THE WAY I DID BEFORE, DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME, I WON'T BE IGNORED!"

vs

"Fly me up on a silver wing, past the black where the sirens sing, wash me up in the nova's glow, and drop me down to the dream below"

"IT'S EASIER TO RUN, REPLACING THIS PAIN WITH SOMETHING NUMB, IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO GO, THAN FACE ALL THIS PAIN HERE ALL ALONE"

vs

"Weep not for roads untravelled, weep not for sights unseen, may your love never end, and if you need a friend, there's a seat here alongside me"

"DON'T STAY, FORGET OUR MEMORIES, FORGET OUR POSSIBILITIES, WHAT YOU WERE CHANGING ME INTO"

vs

"You hid your skeletons when I had shown you mine, You woke the devil that I thought you'd left behind, I saw the evidence, the crimson soaking through, ten thousand promises, ten thousand ways to lose"

"Can't you see that you're smothering me, holding too tightly, afraid to lose control, 'cause everything that you thought I would be, has fallen apart right in front of you"

vs

"Like shining oil this night is dripping down, stars a slipping down, glistening, And I'm trying not to think of what I'm leaving now, no decieving now, it's time you let me know, let me know"

I COULD go on, but the obvious thing: The lyrics in Living Things are INCOMPARABLE to the lyrics in Meteora. The lyrics in Living Things are deeper, and a lot less angsty than those in Meteora. I don't feel that they've returned to "Angst". This time around, even in the emotional songs; the lyrics are more personal, relationship-driven, and not like teenage angst.

These could be read as if they were from the perspective of a serious relationship. I fail to see that in Meteora at all; since Meteora was most definitely full of the whole teenage Angst thing.

Geki
08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
You guys are missing the whole point of Meteora! I was just watching an interview the other day from LP, from 2007, and Chester basically said they made the album because the label thought they were going to fail with a sophmore album. So the band was like ''Oh yeah? Watch this''. That comment basically means they made the album to purposely sound like Hybrid Theory, except bigger and badder, which they essentially did. They made the lyrics super angsty, they made the music angry, they turned up the guitars, and people still loved that album, it sold very well for a sophmore album. LP accomplished what they were trying to do. And that is also why Meteora is the least creative LP album.

Zane
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Is this thread really here? Here comes more chaos

Decay
08-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Minus wins this thread, period! :lol:

Minus
08-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Minus wins this thread, period! :lol:

I don't Joe about that, IT WITH NO EXCLAMATION MARK seems dead set that he wins all arguments.

Flagrare
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Can we already close the thread?

Robert
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
"I CANT FAINT, THE WAY I DID BEFORE, DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME, I WON'T BE IGNORED!"

Actually it's "I can't feel."
Everyone will keep hating me for this, but listen to Hit the Floor with an open mind. The lyrics are well thought-out. :sheldon:

Hybrid
08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I like Meteora, however, I don't see a point in comparing one song or album to another when it comes to Linkin Park's music.

This thread... I'm trying to think of something intelligent to say here, but all I can come up with it this:

:facepalm:

Spitz
08-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Hit the Floor is just another half-assed "Fuck you, Dad!" anthem with some weak wordplay.

Blake
08-01-2012, 05:15 PM
I've got to have listened to every song on both of these albums at least 25 times and I've read about how much people hate Meteora but I think that Meteora has songs that are a lot better than the songs on LIVING THINGS. So basically what this thread is asking is which, if any, Meteora songs are better than a certain LIVING THINGS song or vice-versa. With an overall of question of is Meteora better than LIVING THINGS?

I really like Meteora and although I do not hate LIVING THINGS, in fact, I think it's one of Linkin Park's better albums this would be my list.

Foreward- Every LT song, of course
Don't Stay- IMR, Powerless, COG
Somewhere I Belong- IMR, Powerless, BID
Lying From You- IMR, RU, LITE
Hit the Floor- LITE, IMR, Powerless, BID, RU
Easier to Run- LITE, RU
Faint- IMR, Powerless
Figure.09- None.
Breaking the Habit- None.
From the Inside- None.
Session- Being an instrumental, I can't really rate this one.
Numb- LITE, IMR, Powerless

So, yes I do believe Meteora is better than LIVING THINGS.
wait you think Meteora is better than LT but say that BTH is not better than any LT songs? what?!

Hybrid
08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Hit the Floor is just another half-assed "Fuck you, Dad!" anthem with some weak wordplay.

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus."

Flagrare
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Robert
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM

:dafuq:

Decay
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM

""Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to suffering"

Minus
08-01-2012, 05:51 PM
""Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to suffering"

R1PmJk3VRmM

Joe

Shmoanator
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
This.

Rocky
08-01-2012, 08:17 PM
They are totally fucking comparable!

They are two albums by Linkin Park that are nearly the same length with 12 songs and made for the same purpose, which one of those albums sucks less?

Saying you can't compare old to new means you might as well not compare HT to Meteora.

I Like Cheese
08-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I accidentally voted yes. Forgive me.

TINFOILPOWER
08-01-2012, 08:50 PM
wait you think Meteora is better than LT but say that BTH is not better than any LT songs? what?!

No, I meant to LT songs are better than BTH

Meteora and HT are not the same, just because they are the same genre doesn't make them the same :p

Shmoanator
08-01-2012, 09:44 PM

They are two albums by Linkin Park that are nearly the same length with 12 songs and made for the same purpose, which one of those albums sucks less?

Saying you can't compare old to new means you might as well not compare HT to Meteora.

They are comparable in the sense that they are a Linkin Park record, yes. But in sound and style, no. Meteora offers a very introverted, angry sound, while Living Things is open, singing to people and not at people.
I cannot say one LP record is any better than the next, I like them all equally, but to say that Living Things and Meteora are similar is crazy.

Maemi
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
It is not possible to decide what is better and what is worse for me, because I donīt think I have the right to do so, as if I was a goddess or something. I believe thereīs not an objective opinion. I can only say what album I like the most and itīs Meteora and always will be, but I canīt say itīs better than any other album. Every album is unique and each of them can be the favorite one for some one. And Iīm glad that Linkin Park arenīt stuck and always have something new to offer.

PandasFTW
08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
LT is slightly better than Meteora, but HT will be the best for ever!!!:headbang:

Juliet
08-05-2012, 06:34 PM

The difference is that HT and Meteora are almost the same exact album in terms of sounds and lyrics. Living Things has a lot more variation in lyrics, and the sound is very different. It's easier to compare songs like One step closer and Somewhere I belong, then Somewhere I belong vs. Roads Untravled

Suffered
08-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Meteora?
I thought that album is from Don Gilmore not from LP.
My answer: :nono:

Fuse
08-05-2012, 08:28 PM
I like Meteora a bit more than LT atm, but i agree with one point: Living Things has alot more variety. And of course LT and Meteora are very different, it's better to compare Meteora with HT.

Infamous Davy Fresh Cobra
08-06-2012, 03:21 AM
I don't like Meteora but I do like Breaking the Habit.

LeoMPhillyFan
08-19-2012, 12:56 AM
I'll be unbiased and do this the old-fashioned, more effective way:
Meteora:
Don't Stay: 6/10
Somewhere I Belong: 7/10
Lying From You: 9/10
Hit The Floor: 6/10
Easier To Run: 4/10
Faint: 9/10
Figure .09: 8/10
Breaking The Habit: 10/10
From The Inside: 7/10
Nobody's Listening: 7/10
Numb: 8/10

Living Things:
LOST IN THE ECHO: 9/10
IN MY REMAINS: 8/10
BURN IT DOWN: 7/10
LIES GREED MISERY: 5/10
I'LL BE GONE: 7/10
CASTLE OF GLASS: 7/10
VICTIMIZED: 8/10
ROADS UNTRAVELED: 7/10
SKIN TO BONE: 7/10
UNTIL IT BREAKS: 7/10
TINFOIL/POWERLESS: 9/10

Meteora: 81/110
LIVING THINGS: 81/110

:dafuq: It's a tie, I swear I didn't intentionally do that.
I'll give the nod to LIVING THINGS, because it is more diverse and has much better lyrics.

Hans Muster
08-19-2012, 02:24 PM
OK, I'll do the same

Don't Stay 5/10
Somewhere I Belong 7/10
Lying from You 8/10
Hit the Floor 6/10
Easier to Run 7/10
Faint 7/10
Figure.09 6/10
Breaking the Habit 10/10
From the Inside 8/10
Nobody's Listening 6/10
Numb 8/10

Lost in the Echo 9/10
In My Remains 9/10
Burn It Down 7/10
Lies Greed Misery 5/10
I'll Be Gone 6/10
Castle of Glass 8/10
Victimized 7/10
Roads Untraveled 9/10
Skin to Bone 7/10
Until It Breaks 8/10
Powerless 9/10

Meteora: 78/110
Living Things: 84/110

mastae
08-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Meteora:
Don't Stay: 5/10
Somewhere I Belong: 5/10
Lying From You: 8/10
Hit The Floor: 5/10
Easier To Run: 6/10
Figure .09: 5/10
Breaking The Habit: 10/10
From The Inside: 7/10
Nobody's Listening: 5/10
Numb: 7/10

Living Things:
LOST IN THE ECHO: 8/10
IN MY REMAINS: 4/10
LIES GREED MISERY: 9/10
I'LL BE GONE: 5/10
CASTLE OF GLASS: 10/10
VICTIMIZED: 9/10
ROADS UNTRAVELED: 10/10
SKIN TO BONE: 8/10
UNTIL IT BREAKS: 10/10
TINFOIL/POWERLESS: 9/10

Meteora: 72/110
LIVING THINGS: 82/110

Oberyn
08-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I don't actually know what Meteora is.

StaticOnTheWay
08-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Meteora:
Don't Stay: 2/10
Somewhere I Belong: 6/10
Lying From You: 7/10
Hit The Floor: 8/10
Easier To Run: 1/10
Faint: 7/10
Figure .09: 4/10
Breaking The Habit: 6/10
From The Inside: 5/10
Nobody's Listening: 9/10
Numb: 6/10

Living Things:
LOST IN THE ECHO: 7/10
IN MY REMAINS: 6/10
BURN IT DOWN: 6/10
LIES GREED MISERY: 9/10
I'LL BE GONE: 2/10
VICTIMIZED: 8/10
ROADS UNTRAVELED: 9/10
UNTIL IT BREAKS: 9/10
TINFOIL/POWERLESS: 7/10

Meteora: 61/110
LIVING THINGS: 81/110

Seriously half of Meteora is complete garbage.

RiseFromTheAshez
08-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Meteora:
Don't Stay: 9/10
Somewhere I Belong: 10/10
Easier To Run: 8/10
Figure .09: 10/10
Breaking The Habit: 9/10
From The Inside: 10/10
Session: 10/10
Numb: 9/10

Living Things:
LOST IN THE ECHO: 9/10
IN MY REMAINS: 9/10
BURN IT DOWN: 2/10
LIES GREED MISERY: 4/10
I'LL BE GONE: 8/10
SKIN TO BONE: 7/10
TINFOIL: 7/10
POWERLESS: 9/10

Meteora: 107/120
LIVING THINGS: 93/120

Snail
08-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Meteora - 83/100

LIVING THINGS - 85/100

Both records strike a similar chord with me. Meteora and LIVING THINGS are quite comparable as each represent's the band's affinity for musical experimentation and exploration. However, each album ultimately underwhelms somewhere along the line. Where Meteora faltered due to less-than-spectacular lyrics, LIVING THINGS also disappoints in retrospect; the band's creative prowess is seemingly restricted intentionally with both efforts.

JasonN
08-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Meteora:
Somewhere I Belong: 6/10
Easier To Run: 5/10
Faint: 8/10
Figure09: 5/10
Breaking The Habit: 9/10
From The Inside: 5/10
Numb: 4/10

Living Things:
LIES GREED MISERY: 7/10
I'LL BE GONE: 4/10
TINFOIL/POWERLESS: 8/10

Meteora: 72/120
LIVING THINGS: 87/120

Emmet
08-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Meteora:
Somewhere I Belong: 2/10
Lying From You: 7/10
Easier To Run: 5/10
Faint: 8/10
Figure09: 5/10
Breaking The Habit: 8/10
From The Inside: 8/10
Nobody's Listening: 7/10
Numb: 2/10

Living Things:
BURN IT DOWN: 5/10
LIES GREED MISERY: 7/10
I'LL BE GONE: 9/10
CASTLE OF GLASS: 9.5/10
VICTIMIZED: 10/10
ROADS UNTRAVELED: 9.5/10
SKIN TO BONE: 10/10
TINFOIL/POWERLESS: 8/10

Meteora: 62/120 (51.667%)
LIVING THINGS: 93/110 (84.5%)

The Joesen One
08-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Meteora
Foreword - 5/10
Don't Stay - 4/10
Somewhere I Belong - 8/10
Lying from You - 8/10
Hit the Floor - 6/10
Easier to Run - 7.5/10
Faint - 8/10
Figure .09 - 5/10
Breaking the Habit - 9.5/10
From the Inside - 8/10
Nobody's Listening - 7/10
Session - 8/10
Numb - 6/10

LT
Lost in the Echo - 8/10
In My Remains - 7.5/10
Burn It Down - 8/10
Lies Greed Misery - 9/10
I'll Be Gone - 7.5/10
Castle of Glass - 8/10
Victimized - 7/10
Roads Untraveled - 8/10
Skin to Bone - 6.5/10
Until It Breaks - 10/10
Tinfoil - 7.5/10
Powerless - 8/10

I'm pretty sure LT is better than Meteora.

Geki
08-20-2012, 04:51 AM
The only songs from Meteora that I extremely dislike are Somewhere I Belong and Numb. I don't really know why, maybe because I used to listen to those all the time growing up. Plus the lyrics are really bad. I don't listen to Meteora very much but it doesn't mean I hate the songs. Just not as good as the other albums, IMO.

Scott D
08-20-2012, 04:53 AM
My signature pretty much explains Meteora.
Sometimes I like to listen to mind-numbing power chords, however LIVING THINGS is more diverse and has a variety. It's true, I don't like ALL of the songs on LIVING THINGS but at least it's something different each song and yeah there's a low point, there's also a very high point. I feel with Meteora it's just one point. Not much movement at all.

LIVING THINGS is like a river, it's liquid and it flows.
As to
Meteora being a cake, it tastes good sometimes but if you eat too much you get sick.

Yes, LIVING THINGS is more creative, more diverse however that doesn't make it a better album.
I think LIVING THINGS is better because: with every record they effectively use what they learned previously through one way or another.

If you wanted to compare albums compare Meteora and Hybrid Theory or Minutes to Midnight to A Thousand Suns.
LIVING THINGS is basically everything they've done summed up into one album with a tiny bit of extra experimentation you don't compare a wheel to a car do you?

Suffered
08-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Meteora:
Don't Stay: 2/10
Somewhere I Belong: 0.1/10
Lying From You: 3/10
Easier To Run: 2/10
Figure.09: 2/10
Breaking The Habit: 7/10
From The Inside: 4/10
Nobody's Listening: 5/10
Numb: 0.1/10

Living Things:
IN MY REMAINS: 100000000/10
BURN IT DOWN: 8/10
LIES GREED MISERY: 8/10
I'LL BE GONE: 6,9/10
SKIN TO BONE: 10/10
TINFOIL/POWERLESS: 10/10

snailharvest
08-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Hit The Floor better than LITE?...

Send him back to the mental asylum!

linkinlovprk
08-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm just gonna throw out the lyric comparison was somewhat biased.. Did you forget victimized, victimized, never again victemized? Or I want to see you choke on your lies.. Etc. point being every album has their vices. but if meteora wasn't the radio hit it needed to be, chances are Linkin park would not have grown to be what they are today. While the album had some of the.worst lyrics, it had some of the biggest hits. We might not even be here.discussing lp related topics had it not been so big. Yes living things has more variety, but not everyone.likes variety. There's a reason people think I'm crazy.for still being a.linkin park fan where I live. Meteora did it's time and will live on as a true successor to hybrid theory, and living things will live on as the album which first brought everything.they've done as Linkin park into an album. They're both good to me honestly. It just depends on the.mood.

Broman
08-23-2012, 02:29 AM
lmfao why the hell is this even a topic? It fails in every aspect. Both albums are great, only difference is that LIVING THINGS is still more current so of course it sounds better, MEteora is old, end of story. ATS beats all :trollface:

Melis
08-23-2012, 05:07 AM
I think Living Things is hundred times better than Meteora. I don't think that Meteora is the worst album in the world, it is not my favouite though. Lost In The Echo. In My Remains or Victimized beat ALL songs from Meteora exept Breaking The Habit, in my opinion it is the only really good song from Meteora. So Living Things is really really the better one. It is not the Linkin Park's best album 'cause A Thousand Suns is their best! :P

leftshoe18
08-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Meteora:

Somewhere I Belong: 2/10
Lying From You: 6/10
Hit the Floor: 6/10
Easier to Run: 6/10
Figure.09: 9/10
Breaking the Habit: 9/10
From the Inside: 7/10
Nobody's Listening: 8/10
Session: 9/10
Numb: 3/10

Total: 79/120

Living Things:

Lost in the Echo: 8/10
In My Remains: 8/10
Burn It Down: 7/10
Lies, Greed, Misery: 6/10
I'll Be Gone: 8/10
Castle of Glass: 10/10
Victimized: 10/10
Roads Untravelled: 10/10
Skin to Bone: 9/10
Until it Breaks: 10/10
Tinfoil: 6/10
Powerless: 7/10

Total: 99/120

The winner is Living Things...by quite a bit.

hybridsoldier1989
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I prefer some of the songs on Meteora on occasion, but I really can't rule out that it's purely based on nostalgia at this point.

Living Things has more diversity, more positive messages, and an overall better sense of dynamics.

So, no. Meteora is not better than Living Things.

hybridsoldier1989
08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Wat.

Okay.

Comparison time.

vs

"Fly me up on a silver wing, past the black where the sirens sing, wash me up in the nova's glow, and drop me down to the dream below"

"IT'S EASIER TO RUN, REPLACING THIS PAIN WITH SOMETHING NUMB, IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO GO, THAN FACE ALL THIS PAIN HERE ALL ALONE"

vs

"Weep not for roads untravelled, weep not for sights unseen, may your love never end, and if you need a friend, there's a seat here alongside me"

"DON'T STAY, FORGET OUR MEMORIES, FORGET OUR POSSIBILITIES, WHAT YOU WERE CHANGING ME INTO"

vs

"You hid your skeletons when I had shown you mine, You woke the devil that I thought you'd left behind, I saw the evidence, the crimson soaking through, ten thousand promises, ten thousand ways to lose"

"Can't you see that you're smothering me, holding too tightly, afraid to lose control, 'cause everything that you thought I would be, has fallen apart right in front of you"

vs

"Like shining oil this night is dripping down, stars a slipping down, glistening, And I'm trying not to think of what I'm leaving now, no decieving now, it's time you let me know, let me know"

I COULD go on, but the obvious thing: The lyrics in Living Things are INCOMPARABLE to the lyrics in Meteora. The lyrics in Living Things are deeper, and a lot less angsty than those in Meteora. I don't feel that they've returned to "Angst". This time around, even in the emotional songs; the lyrics are more personal, relationship-driven, and not like teenage angst.

These could be read as if they were from the perspective of a serious relationship. I fail to see that in Meteora at all; since Meteora was most definitely full of the whole teenage Angst thing.Sorry.

"I can't faint the way I did before"??????

Not a tr00 phan.

It's I CAN'T FEEL.

LOLzzzz

Zak
08-23-2012, 08:03 PM
I prefer some of the songs on Meteora on occasion, but I really can't rule out that it's purely based on nostalgia at this point.

Living Things has more diversity, more positive messages, and an overall better sense of dynamics.

So, no. Meteora is not better than Living Things.

Not even nostalgia can make me listen to most Meteora songs.

Sorry.

Not a tr00 phan.

It's I CAN'T FEEL.

LOLzzzz

You double posted. BLASPHEMY.

Elaine
08-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Sorry.

Not a tr00 phan.

It's I CAN'T FEEL.

LOLzzzz

It just goes to show how long it's been since I've actually found myself wanting to listen to Meteora. :kappa:

KillerUndies
08-25-2012, 06:22 AM
The only good thing about Meteora is the album name. Oh, and the album artwork, too!

Rahat
08-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Meteora

Foreword - 8/10
Don't Stay - 4/10
Somewhere I Belong - 3/10
Lying from You - 5/10
Hit the Floor - 4/10
Easier to Run - 6/10
Faint - 7/10
Figure .09 - 6/10
Breaking the Habit - 8/10
From the Inside - 6/10
Nobody's Listening - 4/10
Session - 8/10
Numb - 3/10

Living Things

Lost in the Echo - 9/10
In My Remains - 7/10
Burn It Down - 6/10
Lies Greed Misery - 6/10
I'll Be Gone - 7/10
Castle of Glass - 10/10
Victimized - 6/10
Roads Untraveled - 8/10
Skin to Bone - 5/10
Until It Breaks - 9/10
Tinfoil - 8/10
Powerless - 8/10

Meteora- 59/120

Living Things - 89/120

Living things could have been better on some tracks but overall much better than Meteora.

shwcobb
08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Meteora. I can't pinpoint my favorite LP album, because as a whole, it's surely ATS, but as a unison of great songs, it's HT and Meteora. LT is a compilation of great songs, but their worst album thus far.

cradle
09-02-2012, 02:51 AM
Albums sales yes, okay riffs yes.
Experimenting no.

Arjun
09-06-2012, 09:10 PM
not comparable.

Flagrare
09-07-2012, 02:40 AM
I don't actually know what Meteora is.

This.

chris2
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Meteora holds some sentimental value for me but other than that I have to say that LT is obviously the better and more mature album.

Hybrid
09-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Why does this thread exist?

Blake
09-08-2012, 09:58 PM
^Because people like to compare thigs and then get in useless rants and arguments over it

Hybrid
09-09-2012, 01:57 PM
^Because people like to compare thigs and then get in useless rants and arguments over it

That seems pointless, kinda like this thread...

Blake
09-13-2012, 07:35 PM
That seems pointless, kinda like this thread...
Yeah it is pointless but it happens on all forums, and not a lot of intelligent discussion goes around. That's why the shoutbox is FTW.