PDA

View Full Version : Any meta or cool discoveries yet?

SuperDude526
07-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't know if anyone's this crazy, but has anyone found some mindblowing easter eggs on the album or in connection to other albums yet? I was just watching a video of WTCFM live, and I was thinking to myself, "How crazy would it be if WTCFM and I'LL BE GONE had some sorta meta easter egg?" I'm thinking along the lines of Tool's 10,000 Days bonus track, where you had to overlay three tracks to get another song.

Post your discoveries!

Pidgeon
07-01-2012, 06:04 PM
That's way above my head

Louis
07-01-2012, 06:17 PM
"Check the rep, yep," (or a line similar to that) in "LOST IN THE ECHO" is awfully close to Mike's track with Styles of Beyond, "Second to None," where they say, "Check on the rep, yep, second to none."

Justin V.
07-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I swear the synth stab in Powerless (at the beginning) is either the same or references the noise from the start of Burning in the Skies. Burn It Down has a quick little reference with "You held me high".

Edit: I just listened to them. They sound nothing alike actually lol. It's more the rhythm and placement that makes them similar (I wasn't the only one that said the same)

Top2Bottom
07-01-2012, 08:01 PM
I think there is a few references to older albums, mostly ATS.

Burn It Down- "The flames climbed into the clouds"- Burning In The Skies
- "Caught in the burning glow"- ATS

That's all I can be bothered with right now. Work beckons...

mastae
07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
"As these sirens climb higher on this violent rhythm" - Victimized
"But you listen to the tone and the violent rhythm" - Waiting For The End

Louis
07-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Noticed that one. Good catch.

Cinemamonster
07-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Even more:

"They’re acting like they want a riot / it’s a riot I’ll give ’em" - Victimized
"Just a voice like a riot rocking every revision" - Waiting For The End

Infamous Davy Fresh Cobra
07-01-2012, 09:32 PM
ROADS UNTRAVELED's chorus sound similar to House of the Rising Sun
UNTIL IT BREAKS has the lyrics ''Give me the strength of the rising sun''

I think I'm the only one who thinks this :lol:

Hybrid
07-02-2012, 01:27 AM
The "Strength of the rising sun" part in UNTIL IT BREAKS sounds like the piano part in POWERLESS to me. I think it's brilliant because I think the last three songs on the album are tied together almost like one track...

lpxerotheoryfan
07-02-2012, 02:42 AM

I noticed that too, and whenever I hear that I always want to continue on with the next line, and forget it's victimized lol.

mastae
07-02-2012, 06:45 AM
I personally think the references in Victimized to WFTE are because it's this albums WTCFM in terms of content. A lot of punk songs, way back in the day, were made to poke fun at their fans. It feels like a, "they want a heavy song? fuck it. this is it, you fuckers"

AnTeC
07-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Mike actually quotes Big's song " Papa Who Shot Ya" in until it breaks:" give you what you need like papa who shot ya/ seperate the weak from the obsol/ lete to meek i creep hard on imposters"

Filip
07-02-2012, 08:21 AM

Even more:
"They’re acting like they want a riot / it’s a riot I’ll give ’em" - Victimized
"Just a voice like a riot rocking every revision" - Waiting For The End

Maybe the Victimized rap was a demo for WFTE rap? :awesome:

Gravity_LP
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I still think tinfoil sound sounds like YO (MTM DEMO) from LPU 11 O:

Robert
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Those are your cool discoveries, guys? That tracks have similar parts to other tracks? :lol:

Filip
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I still think tinfoil sound sounds like YO (MTM DEMO) from LPU 11 O:

Me too. That makes me mad, because LP always had killer instrumentals (Cure For The Itch, Session (best instrumental ever), Wake, Empty Spaces :trollface:)
Why didn't they make a better instrumental?

Suffered
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Me too. That makes me mad, because LP always had killer instrumentals (Cure For The Itch, Session (best instrumental ever), Wake, Empty Spaces :trollface:)
I like Tinfoil. Better than Session or Wake. It's very cool. Maybe it's sounds like Yo, but Session is a mash-up between "Ambient", Cure For The Itch and Coal.
And of course my absolute favourite song is Empty Spaces.:trollface:

farbe
07-02-2012, 12:56 PM
ROADS UNTRAVELED's chorus sound similar to House of the Rising Sun

I think I'm the only one who thinks this :lol:

you are not ;)

Hybrid
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I think TINFOIL sounds dope. I can't see YO in it though... TINFOIL is an intro to POWERLESS, and a damn good one at that.

Geki
07-02-2012, 05:09 PM
YO is one of my favorite LP songs! Never noticed the similarity with YO and TINFOIL until now. Maybe TINFOIL was originally from the MTM sessions too.

Filip
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
I like Tinfoil. Better than Session or Wake. It's very cool. Maybe it's sounds like Yo, but Session is a mash-up between "Ambient", Cure For The Itch and Coal.

I think TINFOIL sounds dope. I can't see YO in it though... TINFOIL is an intro to POWERLESS, and a damn good one at that.

YO is one of my favorite LP songs! Never noticed the similarity with YO and TINFOIL until now. Maybe TINFOIL was originally from the MTM sessions too.

As an intro for Powerless, it could work. They should have put an instrumental track, and then Powerless with the Tinfoil intro, it would make the album longer, and better.
@Geki: 11 LP shows, 2 DBS shows and 1 FM show?? I haven't been to a single one.. :( I hate where I live... :cry:

Hybrid
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
As an intro for Powerless, it could work. They should have put an instrumental track, and then Powerless with the Tinfoil intro, it would make the album longer, and better.
@Geki: 11 LP shows, 2 DBS shows and 1 FM show?? I haven't been to a single one.. :( I hate where I live... :cry:

The thing is, it was made like that so it could potentially be suited for POWERLESS to be a radio friendly single. Over a minute for an intro on radio doesn't pan out well. That mentality is the same reason why Empty Spaces exists and is it's own seperate entity from When They Come For Me.

Blake
07-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Yesh the similarties from WFTE rap and Victimized raps are crazy! and both of them are my favorite raps on each record. :awesome:

Brian
07-03-2012, 12:32 AM
The thing is, it was made like that so it could potentially be suited for POWERLESS to be a radio friendly single. Over a minute for an intro on radio doesn't pan out well. That mentality is the same reason why Empty Spaces exists and is it's own seperate entity from When They Come For Me.

I'm sure they could just use a radio edit with the intro chopped off for radio usage. I think tinfoil is amazing, but another instrumental with tinfoil as an intro to powerless would have been even better. :D

Blake
07-03-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm sure they could just use a radio edit with the intro chopped off for radio usage. I think tinfoil is amazing, but another instrumental with tinfoil as an intro to powerless would have been even better. :D
Yeah I agree that they could have just chopped it off. Tinfoil as an instrumental is weak, they can do much better. So I hope on the next album they have a better instrumental.

Hybrid
07-03-2012, 02:42 AM

Look at how many of the LP fanbase bitched about the radio edit of Iridescent. Radio edits generally rape the intended feelings or emotions of the song. Just sayin...

Blake
07-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Look at how many of the LP fanbase bitched about the radio edit of Iridescent. Radio edits generally rape the intended feelings or emotions of the song. Just sayin...
As long as they didn't change the song. See Iridescent they changed it which I thought was stupid. With Powerless, just chop off tinfoil if it was one song and DON'T change the actual song.

Hybrid
07-03-2012, 03:20 AM
As long as they didn't change the song. See Iridescent they changed it which I thought was stupid. With Powerless, just chop off tinfoil if it was one song and DON'T change the actual song.

I think it is also nice if you wanted to skip it while flipping through the album. Even though I wouldn't do that.

Peeper
07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Tinfoil as an instrumental is weak, they can do much better. So I hope on the next album they have a better instrumental.

If their next instrumental will be at least half good as Tinfoil is, I'll be happy. ^_^

Filip
07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
If their next instrumental will be at least half good as Tinfoil is, I'll be happy. ^_^

Can you really say Tinfoil lives up to Session?

A_Thousand_fans
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
In my opinion yes. It also has breakbeats like Session does. In my opinion TINFOIL does work as both. As an standalone instrumental and an intro to the follwing song

Nish
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I was actually listening to some downmixes of Living Things the other day and was blown away as to how many layers are in the songs. I actually thought Chester's woah-oh's over Mikes rap in LOST IN THE ECHO sounded exactly like the tune of "Like an army falling one by one by one" on IN MY REMAINS :)

Peeper
07-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Can you really say Tinfoil lives up to Session?

It's not about Tinfoil being better instrumental than Session. We're talking about an intro to Powerless, and as a Powerless intro it's just perfect. Can you imagine Session being an intro to Powerless? Maybe my response to Dementia's post should have been like "If their next instrumental will be at least half good intro as Tinfoil to Powerless is, I'll be happy."
I like Session, but i think Tinfoil is just perfect foreword to Powerless, especially with the sounds you can hear since the end of Tinfoil and then through whole Powerless.

Gravity_LP
07-03-2012, 12:40 PM
To me, I think tinfoil isn't as great as Session. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE LIVING THINGS and Tinfoil but tinfoil to me, isn't as great as session .

Hybrid
07-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I just want to say that I love the atmosphere that TINFOIL has. It's very dreamy.

Geki
07-04-2012, 06:38 AM
I wish Tinfoil sounded more similar to the live version, and I also wish it was a few minutes longer. I really like the way it sounds, it's awesome. It's just too short. Once I start getting into the song, it ends, and replaying the track just ruins it.

Bennington_Hahn
07-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah Tinfoil should have been left conected to Powerless. Like Empty Spaces/WTCFM and Forward/Don't Stay, it really didn't need to be split. That said, as piece of music on its own right its still pretty damn good. Very Muse'ish. I love the guitar/piano. But I was disappointed with it as I was expecting it to be more on the lines of Session/C4tI. being the 11th track after all...

TVTV
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't know how to explain it but somewhere a little later into the instrumental breakdown of "Powerless", someone is singing a faint harmony. I am certain someone is singing the word "powerless" in long, rhythmic notes. It starts at 2:25. Kind of sounds like

Poww errrr leeee eeee eeeee eeessss
Powww errrr leeeeesssssssss

It continues on until the end of the song. It's very beautiful.

Geki
07-05-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't know how to explain it but somewhere a little later into the instrumental breakdown of "Powerless", someone is singing a faint harmony. I am certain someone is singing the word "powerless" in long, rhythmic notes. It starts at 2:25. Kind of sounds like

Poww errrr leeee eeee eeeee eeessss
Powww errrr leeeeesssssssss

It continues on until the end of the song. It's very beautiful.

It's Chester.

Filip
07-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I see Tinfoil is an interlude to Powerless, and it creates an atmosphere, but when I think, this is a Linkin Park instrumental, I see it's not that good..

Filip
07-10-2012, 08:43 AM
The chorus of Lost In The Echo reminds me of the chorus of Easier To Run. I think they're similiar.

Infamous Davy Fresh Cobra
07-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Blackbirds -''The bells will ring. Put pennies on the eyes let the dead man sing''
UNTIL IT BREAKS - ''When the last bells ring, the poor men sing''

Flagrare
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Blackbirds -''The bells will ring. Put pennies on the eyes let the dead man sing''
UNTIL IT BREAKS - ''When the last bells ring, the poor men sing''

Noticed this too.

Hybrid
07-12-2012, 06:02 PM
The chorus of Lost In The Echo reminds me of the chorus of Easier To Run. I think they're similiar.

I do not agree.

Also, I noticed a pattern with Until It Breaks and Victimized.

"It ain't over 'cause the
Shark's on the left side / the snake's on the right.
And anything you do, they wanna get a little bite.
It really doesn't matter if you're wrong or if you're right.
Cause once they get their teeth in / nothing really fights."

"For you snakes in the grass / supplying the venom.
I ain't scared of your teeth / I admire what's in 'em.
You've been waiting in the shadows there,
Thinking you're hidden.
But the truth is you don't have the stomach to get 'em."

arbiter
07-13-2012, 04:58 AM
To me, I think tinfoil isn't as great as Session. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE LIVING THINGS and Tinfoil but tinfoil to me, isn't as great as session .

What's the obsession people have with comparing songs? What happened to for whatever reason, just liking a track or disliking a track? If it doesn't hit the spot for you, then it doesn't. And if it does, then great.

arbiter
07-13-2012, 04:59 AM

What's the obsession people have with comparing songs? What happened to for whatever reason, just liking a track or disliking a track? If it doesn't hit the spot for you, then it doesn't. And if it does, then great.:)

Hybrid
07-13-2012, 01:12 PM
What's the obsession people have with comparing songs? What happened to for whatever reason, just liking a track or disliking a track? If it doesn't hit the spot for you, then it doesn't. And if it does, then great.:)

I agree with you. Each song is unique and should strike you as such.

Cure4thItch
07-13-2012, 01:18 PM
In my Remains has the same music as Burn It Down. lol. Seriously though...

Coldplay
07-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Except it doesn't.

Hybrid
07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Except it doesn't.

I second this.

Kmid24
07-14-2012, 03:18 AM
When They Come For Me "I'll be gone"
I'LL BE GONE "I'll be gone"

Kmid24
07-14-2012, 03:20 AM
I've also noticed how Linkin Park uses the words sun(s) and lie(s) in many of their songs.

KillerUndies
07-14-2012, 04:07 PM
I swear there's something being said at the end of Skin to Bone is it just me?

Henry
07-15-2012, 02:25 AM
I've also noticed how Linkin Park uses the words sun(s) and lie(s) in many of their songs.

"Promise(s)" is the new trend in LT.

Filip
07-16-2012, 08:26 AM
A Thousand Suns track 5: When They Come For Me
Living Things track 5: I'll Be Gone

WTCFM lyrics: ''Oh, when they come for me, come for me, I'll be gone...''

Bam!
08-02-2012, 05:28 AM
LIVING THINGS is an amazing album musically. But it is extremely bland and lacking in the areas of extras, bonuses, hype, and giving back to the fans with more than an album. I highly doubt that there is anything to discover about the album. What Linkin Park did was try to make the album cycles faster by: recording on the road, saving demos, making shorter albums, faster and more efficient touring cycles, and all of that equals out to a smaller fan experience. LIVING THINGS is just the start of it all! They want to put out a new record about every 18 months!

Shmoanator
08-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Also, I noticed a pattern with Until It Breaks and Victimized.

"It ain't over 'cause the
Shark's on the left side / the snake's on the right.
And anything you do, they wanna get a little bite.
It really doesn't matter if you're wrong or if you're right.
Cause once they get their teeth in / nothing really fights."

"For you snakes in the grass / supplying the venom.
I ain't scared of your teeth / I admire what's in 'em.
You've been waiting in the shadows there,
Thinking you're hidden.
But the truth is you don't have the stomach to get 'em."

I also noticed that Mike really liked rapping about snakes this record.

..and Chester very much enjoys the sun..

Hybrid
08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I swear there's something being said at the end of Skin to Bone is it just me?

I heard it too. It's layered behind the "squeaking."

Death Slayer
08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
creeping on em pastas

Star Scream
08-03-2012, 03:24 AM
i actually feel how passionate tinfoil is, it is the best track LP has ever made in my opinion because you hear like this crying scream in the background and it is just so awesome i didnt notice it before but now it is just amazing. i hope other people can hear it

Filip
08-04-2012, 09:09 PM
i actually feel how passionate tinfoil is, it is the best track LP has ever made in my opinion because you hear like this crying scream in the background and it is just so awesome i didnt notice it before but now it is just amazing. i hope other people can hear it

I hope you're trolling. You can adore it, but, best LP track ever?

Faint into Pieces
08-05-2012, 02:19 AM
I hope you're trolling. You can adore it, but, best LP track ever?

Agreed. Tinfoil works as an atmospheric experience, and is a perfect intro to Powerless, but other than that there's nothing really special about it.

Apop
08-05-2012, 05:16 AM
I also noticed that Mike really liked rapping about snakes this record.

..and Chester very much enjoys the sun..

Maybe the snake in the Iridescent video really inspired Mike.

Shmoanator
08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Maybe the snake in the Iridescent video really inspired Mike.
He must have had a rush of epiphanies after Trevor soiled his jacket.

Cure4thItch
08-06-2012, 02:35 AM

Can you give me some time stamps to when you feel this 'crying scream' appears....unless you're just talking about the guitary stuff going on.

Jack_Farrell
08-06-2012, 04:18 AM
creeping on em pastas

Noticed this one too.

Suffered
08-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Victimized:
"You been waiting in the shadows there, thinkin you're hidden"
Dedicated:
"Who are hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun"

TheZlajaZlo
08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
The beat before second chorus on Powerless is the same as the one during bridge...not a big deal, it's just a little detail that I've discovered today.

Hybrid
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Victimized:
"You been waiting in the shadows there, thinkin you're hidden"
Dedicated:
"Who are hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun"

These two within context have nothing to do with each other. Victimized's shadow dwellers has to do with snakes (backstabbers) while Dedicated's shadow dwellers has to do with kids who have been cast out or jaded and are looking for something new (the sun).

Seanlp608
08-18-2012, 03:48 AM
I feel as if The Catalyst and LOST IN THE ECHO are bonded to a certain degree.

The Catalyst: "Like memories in cold decay, transmissions echoing away" and "Lift me up, let me go".

LOST IN THE ECHO: "Each word gets lost in the echo" and "I've finally let you go".

Also The Catalyst being A Thousand Sun's climax and LOST IN THE ECHO being LIVING THINGS opener.