PDA

View Full Version : Chino = Trash Talker

MrMetal
06-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Note: I got this from the Ozzfest.com message board

CHINO MORENO of the DEFTONES spoke to REVOLVER magazine about the group’s stint on SUMMER SANITARIUM. “A big problem for me was opening for LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK, two bands that wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for me, straight up!” Chino says in the August 2003 issue. “But in the end I’m seriously energized and I’m not going out there to make friends and kick it.” And it gets better Chino talked some smack about headliners METALLICA. “They have a vast catalog. But live? Mother####ers just stand there and play. We’re gonna rock out their ####. We’re gonna blow that ###### up.” In the same interview Mr.Moreno decided why stop there whom else can I talk #### about? Jonathan Davis of Korn. “As Korn go on, it’s the same things-bad childhood’s and mean moms. It gets old after awhile. How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else. If you’re genuine and write about whatever is drawing the emotion now, you can’t be ####ed with.”

[Darken Hybrid]
06-01-2003, 08:52 PM
What's with all the numbers? I can barely understand it.

Mark
06-01-2003, 09:40 PM
i read this the other day

Deftones frontman Chino Moreno has sensationally slammed Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Korn in a recent magazine interview.

Speaking to American rock magazine Revolver Chino said he feels awkward about playing under Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit on Metallica's Summer Sanitarium tour.

"A big problem for me is opening up for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, two bands that wouldn't exist if it weren't for me, straight up!"

Chino also went on to slate Korn frontman Jonathan Davis saying:

"As Korn go on, it's the same things - bad childhoods and mean moms. It gets old after awhile. How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else. If you're genuine and write about whatever is drawing the emotion now, you can't be ####ed with."

I now officially hate the Deftones. Is it just me, or is it obvious that they're in it for the money? They tour with bands they don't like (twice with LP) and appear on remix albums with bands they don't respect. it puzzles me.

[Darken Hybrid]
06-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05@Jun 1 2003, 04:40 PM
i read this the other day

Deftones frontman Chino Moreno has sensationally slammed Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Korn in a recent magazine interview.

Speaking to American rock magazine Revolver Chino said he feels awkward about playing under Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit on Metallica's Summer Sanitarium tour.

"A big problem for me is opening up for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, two bands that wouldn't exist if it weren't for me, straight up!"

Chino also went on to slate Korn frontman Jonathan Davis saying:

"As Korn go on, it's the same things - bad childhoods and mean moms. It gets old after awhile. How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else. If you're genuine and write about whatever is drawing the emotion now, you can't be ####ed with."

I now officially hate the Deftones. Is it just me, or is it obvious that they're in it for the money? They tour with bands they don't like (twice with LP) and appear on remix albums with bands they don't respect. it puzzles me.
Thanx, for clearing this up.

wow, how could the Deftones be disrespecting Linkin Park like that? I never liked Deftones and will never like them... :angry:

Part.Of.Me
06-01-2003, 10:40 PM
I like the Deftones.. But Chino talks sh*t.. Seriously though, wtf is his problem? As*h*le.. I respect all bands mentioned.. He just loves himself too much..

Stuey_345
06-01-2003, 10:44 PM
why is he an a$$?

Magick
06-02-2003, 01:31 AM
I still like Deftones.. remember, it's just Chino talkin' smack. The other members (i.e. Stephen Carpenter) are most likely still cool with LP. Chino's ego has been getting a lot bigger as of late. :wth:

xxdownfallxx
06-02-2003, 01:42 AM
CHino sings right..whats stephen carpenter do

Jawknee
06-02-2003, 02:13 AM
Play guitar I think. I just lost a lot of respect for Deftones. Thanks for posting that up. I mean, I still love their music but I'm going to boo their ass off the stage at Summer Sanitarium along with Metallica. I heard Deftones sucks when they perform live, too. Sorry, but if that's how he feels, then that's how I think the entire band feels. Deftones suck, music good. ;)

Amy
06-02-2003, 09:24 AM
:o Thats not like right. I never really did like the Deftones and now after reading that I hate them. How could they say something like that? And why do they tour with bands if they dont like them? Hmm some people are crazy.

Jawknee
06-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by EvilAmy@Jun 2 2003, 02:24 AM
And why do they tour with bands if they dont like them?
It's called money. ;)

Dedicated
06-02-2003, 03:23 PM
I thought limpbizkit started in like 1989 way before the Deftones got famous :mellow: :o Wait I think I am right :o

And they'd go on tour with any band to get money. I mean limpbizkit, Metallica and Linkin Park and gonna bring loads of fans to the tour but it means that the Deftones are gonna get a lo of money off it to.

osctotheedge
06-02-2003, 09:28 PM
who cares what happens behind the music. Theyt deftones kick ass and I have not lost respect for them. Slipknot, korn, and limp bizkit always bags on LP. Its only about the music , not the relationships. Deftones could say that LP would not have started without them, and others can say that Deftones could not have started without Korn.

White Pony(turntables)
06-02-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by This is dedicated to the kids@Jun 2 2003, 07:23 AM
I thought limpbizkit started in like 1989 way before the Deftones got famous :mellow: :o Wait I think I am right :o

And they'd go on tour with any band to get money. I mean limpbizkit, Metallica and Linkin Park and gonna bring loads of fans to the tour but it means that the Deftones are gonna get a lo of money off it to.
Deftones started 1989

heres the links to the whole article

http://www.deftonesworld.com/images/revolver1.jpg

http://www.deftonesworld.com/images/revolver2.jpg

osctotheedge
06-03-2003, 12:49 PM
You guys need to cool down the anger and think about this. Why would deftones have toured with LP and Taproot if they hated LP so much? That does not make sense. I think this quote was mislead, or chino was probably just be his drunk self. Think about it guys, deftones are best buddy bands with LP and Korn, especially with korn. Chino appeared on a track on Life is Peachy. I don't think he would have appeared if he supposedly hates Jon Davis.

Jawknee
06-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey I didn't know about him on that track.

Yeah, we're overreacting because we're faithful LP fans. I guess he could have been drunk and just blabbering. ;)

Part.Of.Me
06-03-2003, 04:46 PM
I just remembered: Stephen Carpenter from Deftones is on the mtvCRIBS: Linkin Park.. :wth: you guys remember? It can't be all bad..

Jawknee
06-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Part.Of.Me@Jun 3 2003, 09:46 AM
I just remembered: Stephen Carpenter from Deftones is on the mtvCRIBS: Linkin Park.. :wth: you guys remember? It can't be all bad..
Riiiiiiiight, how could I forget? >_< Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I guess it ain&#39;t all that bad.

Mark
06-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by osctotheedge@Jun 3 2003, 10:19 AM
You guys need to cool down the anger and think about this. Why would deftones have toured with LP and Taproot if they hated LP so much? That does not make sense. I think this quote was mislead, or chino was probably just be his drunk self. Think about it guys, deftones are best buddy bands with LP and Korn, especially with korn. Chino appeared on a track on Life is Peachy. I don&#39;t think he would have appeared if he supposedly hates Jon Davis.
unless they&#39;re touring with bands they know will rake in cash, so they go on tours with them. that&#39;s a good possibility. Maybe it&#39;s just Chino. He&#39;s so full of himself.

osctotheedge
06-03-2003, 11:11 PM
I guess chino is like that, but don&#39;t get me wrong, he is not that bad of a guy. We are all caught up with our devotion to LP because LP is a group of really really nice people. There are not that many generous people like LP out in this world.

don't do it kurt
06-07-2003, 01:37 AM
Deftones and Korn enemies?&#33;?&#33;?..... that&#39;s a good one guys. Next time get ur facts straight.

LPxchicaxMKS
06-07-2003, 01:53 AM
Wow that band is really money hungry...if they are touring with bands that they dont like..they just want the money.

don't do it kurt
06-07-2003, 02:05 AM
Wow .... u guys dont get it. It was a joke.

Mark
06-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by don&#39;t do it kurt@Jun 6 2003, 11:35 PM
Wow .... u guys dont get it. It was a joke.
Sorry Chino, we didn&#39;t know you were joking. :&#092;

don't do it kurt
06-07-2003, 02:14 AM
You just got to get to know me. Have a nice day.

osctotheedge
06-07-2003, 03:53 AM
Yeah I do. I agree wiith what you are saying Kurt. It&#39;s like I know you

Neil
06-07-2003, 04:03 AM
I&#39;ve never heard of him before, but this Chino dude is a real a55hole

osctotheedge
06-07-2003, 10:43 PM
If you don&#39;t know chino, then you don&#39;t know the deftones, and if you don&#39;t know the deftones, then they are played or gaining enough recognition, which means that they are not overplayed, thus not making Chino and his homies money hungry. Don&#39;t ever say deftones are greedy for fame and money, YOU DON&#39;T KNOW THEM.

Will
06-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by osctotheedge@Jun 7 2003, 06:43 PM
If you don&#39;t know chino, then you don&#39;t know the deftones, and if you don&#39;t know the deftones, then they are played or gaining enough recognition, which means that they are not overplayed, thus not making Chino and his homies money hungry. Don&#39;t ever say deftones are greedy for fame and money, YOU DON&#39;T KNOW THEM.
You act as though you chill in their bus after every show and you hang with them when they&#39;re not touring.

LPxchicaxMKS
06-08-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Will+Jun 7 2003, 10:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will @ Jun 7 2003, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 7 2003, 06:43 PM
You act as though you chill in their bus after every show and you hang with them when they&#39;re not touring. [/b][/quote]
hahahhahah :lol: :lol: i know

Jawknee
06-08-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Will+Jun 7 2003, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will @ Jun 7 2003, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 7 2003, 06:43 PM
You act as though you chill in their bus after every show and you hang with them when they&#39;re not touring. [/b][/quote]
I thought he was Chino himself. Boy am I stupid or what? ;)

osctotheedge
06-08-2003, 04:24 AM
chino is actually my cousin, who is what&#39;s that person&#39;s name.. don&#39;t do it kurt. i repeatedly replace his water with vodka

Jawknee
06-08-2003, 10:34 AM
*crickets chirp in the silence*

Cal
06-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by osctotheedge@Jun 8 2003, 04:24 AM
chino is actually my cousin, who is what&#39;s that person&#39;s name.. don&#39;t do it kurt. i repeatedly replace his water with vodka
:huh:

don't do it kurt
06-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Will+Jun 7 2003, 10:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will @ Jun 7 2003, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 7 2003, 06:43 PM
Maybe he does...... Maybe he does :shifty:

Part.Of.Me
06-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Jawknee@Jun 8 2003, 11:34 AM
*crickets chirp in the silence*
Lmao&#33; :whistle:

Neil
06-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by don&#39;t do it kurt+Jun 8 2003, 01:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (don&#39;t do it kurt @ Jun 8 2003, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Will@Jun 7 2003, 10:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 7 2003, 06:43 PM
You act as though you chill in their bus after every show and you hang with them when they&#39;re not touring.
Maybe he does...... Maybe he does :shifty: [/b][/quote]
If he did, theres a high probability that he&#39;s be on www.deftoneassociation.com posting instead of here...
(I know thats not a real site...)

osctotheedge
06-08-2003, 11:48 PM
That site would exist if you spelled it right. It is spelled

www.deftonesassociation.com

Will
06-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by osctotheedge@Jun 8 2003, 07:48 PM
That site would exist if you spelled it right. It is spelled

www.deftonesassociation.com
It would exist if Deftones were a good band.

lmao.

*crickets continue chirping*

osctotheedge
06-09-2003, 02:28 AM
It would exist if you actually listened to metal and good music..

Part.Of.Me
06-09-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by osctotheedge@Jun 9 2003, 03:28 AM
And not N*SYNC and Backstreet Boys.. Whats wrong with you Will?

*There goes them damn crickets again..*

Will
06-09-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Part.Of.Me+Jun 9 2003, 12:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Part.Of.Me @ Jun 9 2003, 12:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 9 2003, 03:28 AM
And not N*SYNC and Backstreet Boys.. Whats wrong with you Will?

*There goes them damn crickets again..* [/b][/quote]
Too bad I don&#39;t care what you think about what I listen to.

Will
06-09-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by osctotheedge@Jun 8 2003, 10:28 PM
Are you an idiot?

Do you not see that I have links to sites of metal bands in my sig? Just because I listened to them for a little bit (if you knew why you&#39;d probably understand, but you&#39;re too ####### thickheaded) doesn&#39;t mean I don&#39;t ####### like metal. I listen to Korn and Mudvayne and #### like that all the ####### time.

I&#39;m getting so sick and ####### tired of your God damn attitude and I don&#39;t give a #### if I get warned for this.

I&#39;M SICK OF IT.

Derek
06-09-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Will+Jun 8 2003, 11:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will @ Jun 8 2003, 11:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 8 2003, 10:28 PM

I&#39;m getting so sick and ####### tired of your God damn attitude and I don&#39;t give a #### if I get warned for this.

I&#39;M SICK OF IT. [/b][/quote]
As am I. I&#39;ve watched your cocky, arrogant a** give people sh*t for long enough.

I will not take your antagonizing of other members as nobody likes a rude, troublemaking jerk such as yourself.

I know I will make a ton of people happy when I say that you are warned. I&#39;m expecting you to come back ruder then before, so I&#39;m making bets you&#39;ll be banned by the end of the night. So shall that be the case: goodbye in advance.

If your smart, (I&#39;ll give the benefit of the doubt on that one) you&#39;ll change your attitude and start treating people with decency and respect.

If not? Goodbye. Can&#39;t say I&#39;d miss you, you&#39;ve been a real jerk to some of our members.

If I flamed? I had a right to, you had this coming for a LONG time buddy.

I wont close the thread, as i don&#39;t think it should be.

Follow the rules for now on or you shall be warned till your off the forums for good.

don't do it kurt
06-10-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Will+Jun 9 2003, 04:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will @ Jun 9 2003, 04:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 8 2003, 10:28 PM
Are you an idiot?

Do you not see that I have links to sites of metal bands in my sig? Just because I listened to them for a little bit (if you knew why you&#39;d probably understand, but you&#39;re too ####### thickheaded) doesn&#39;t mean I don&#39;t ####### like metal. I listen to Korn and Mudvayne and #### like that all the ####### time.

I&#39;M SICK OF IT. [/b][/quote]
Whoa...... it&#39;s really gonna be okay big fella. I&#39;m sure osctotheedge was drunk or something. All your cussing is making me confused and frightened. And I thought that everyone here at lpassociation was one big happy family....... come on guys ..... get it together.

Mark
06-10-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by don&#39;t do it kurt+Jun 9 2003, 11:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (don&#39;t do it kurt @ Jun 9 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Will@Jun 9 2003, 04:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--osctotheedge@Jun 8 2003, 10:28 PM
Are you an idiot?

I&#39;M SICK OF IT.
Whoa...... it&#39;s really gonna be okay big fella. I&#39;m sure osctotheedge was drunk or something. All your cussing is making me confused and frightened. And I thought that everyone here at lpassociation was one big happy family....... come on guys ..... get it together. [/b][/quote]
for some reason, i&#39;m starting to think you&#39;re an old member we banned....

anyways, Will keeps getting antagonized by people over his old signature. everybody has their breaking point. I&#39;ve never seen Will lash out like that in the 10 months he&#39;s been on these forums. He had plenty of reason to lash out at everyone, it&#39;s like being in the middle of a circle of bullies and they&#39;re pushing and pokeing to you waiting for you to explode. i think the way he&#39;s getting treated is terrible, and he has the right to stand up for himself.

The Doctor
06-10-2003, 02:01 AM
(sits back with a tub of popcorn)

This is so cool :D

don't do it kurt
06-10-2003, 02:39 AM
That&#39;s what I&#39;m saying. I&#39;m enjoying some treats myself

osctotheedge
06-10-2003, 02:42 AM
I&#39;m sippin on some vodka

Derek
06-10-2003, 04:58 AM
No its not cool that Will has been going through ####.

Thread closed.

Hey...I just ran an IP check. You two are the same guy :). Its pretty sad you talk to yourself. Maybe thats because nobody likes you.

I&#39;ll take pride in banning the both of you. Or just you since its the same guy.

Bryan
06-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05+Jun 9 2003, 10:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LPFAN05 @ Jun 9 2003, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -don&#39;t do it kurt@Jun 9 2003, 11:23 PM

Are you an idiot?

I&#39;M SICK OF IT.
Whoa...... it&#39;s really gonna be okay big fella. I&#39;m sure osctotheedge was drunk or something. All your cussing is making me confused and frightened. And I thought that everyone here at lpassociation was one big happy family....... come on guys ..... get it together.
for some reason, i&#39;m starting to think you&#39;re an old member we banned....

anyways, Will keeps getting antagonized by people over his old signature. everybody has their breaking point. I&#39;ve never seen Will lash out like that in the 10 months he&#39;s been on these forums. He had plenty of reason to lash out at everyone, it&#39;s like being in the middle of a circle of bullies and they&#39;re pushing and pokeing to you waiting for you to explode. i think the way he&#39;s getting treated is terrible, and he has the right to stand up for himself. [/b][/quote]
Bully my friend Will do you?

*goes, gets 20 big football players/hicks*

*comes to your house*

*you get the rest of the picture*

:P

Mark
06-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Bryan+Jun 10 2003, 01:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ Jun 10 2003, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -LPFAN05@Jun 9 2003, 10:00 PM

Are you an idiot?

I&#39;M SICK OF IT.

anyways, Will keeps getting antagonized by people over his old signature. everybody has their breaking point. I&#39;ve never seen Will lash out like that in the 10 months he&#39;s been on these forums. He had plenty of reason to lash out at everyone, it&#39;s like being in the middle of a circle of bullies and they&#39;re pushing and pokeing to you waiting for you to explode. i think the way he&#39;s getting treated is terrible, and he has the right to stand up for himself.

*comes to your house*

:P [/b][/quote]
yay&#33; tea party&#33;

Bryan
06-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by LPFAN05+Jun 10 2003, 12:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LPFAN05 @ Jun 10 2003, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Bryan@Jun 10 2003, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by -LPFAN05@Jun 9 2003, 10:00 PM

Are you an idiot?

I&#39;M SICK OF IT.

*comes to your house*

:P
yay&#33; tea party&#33; [/b][/quote]
Well, yea&#33;

What else would I do with 20 big football players?&#33; :lol: