View Full Version : Favorite Parts of Living Things
06-16-2012, 05:38 AM
This can be a vocal delivery, lyrics, an M. Shinoda verse, a guitar part, drums, a background sound, anything. I wanna know the little things that make the album for you.
For me: All of Castle of Glass, but especially Mike on that first verse. Got me hooked right away. So folksy, I absolutely love it. Also, the way Chester says "powerless" on the second verse of that song.
06-16-2012, 05:41 AM
All except BID and In My Remains. :lol:
More seriously, my highlights on first listen were:
- entire Lost In The Echo
- the folk melodies (COG, RU, Skin To Bones)
- mike singing parts (which was quite surprising, since I usually prefer Chester's voice)
- Until It Breaks rap and instrumental
- entire Victimized
Also, I'm still freaking enjoying Lies Greed Misery, this song never gets old for me
06-16-2012, 05:55 AM
- Chester's screams were amazing, possibly better than ever
- The folk genre in Castle of Glass
- The beat in Skin to Bone
- Brad's vocals in Until it Breaks
- Mike's rapping reminds me of Hybrid Theory
Same here, Qwerty. I still fuckin love Lies Greed Misery. It certainly isn't the best song on the album, but it sure is an awesome little song that gets you pumped for the preceding songs.
06-16-2012, 05:56 AM
The fuckin jingly, triangle sounding sound in Victimized. Shit gets me everytime.
The vocal work in general on this album really blew me away. Rapping, singing, screaming, BRAD, so much yes.
06-16-2012, 06:09 AM
-entire Lost In The Echo
-Mike's rap and his singing :D
-Chester scream in victimized
- the drums and guitar :D
and the one that surprised me - Brad delson singing on until it breaks!
06-16-2012, 06:20 AM
- The folk influences throughout a couple songs
- Brad giving lead vocals on a verse in UNTIL IT BREAKS
- More from UNTIL IT BREAKS - "I grind tough / sucka make ya mind up / Are you in the firin' squad / Or are you in the line-up"
- LIES GREED MISERY instrumental
06-16-2012, 06:24 AM
Mike's singing in In My Remains.
The drums, Mike's rap verse and Chester's screams in Victimized.
Brad's singing in Until It Breaks.
06-16-2012, 09:37 AM
- Mike's voice on CASTLE OF GLASS, as well as the beat in the beginning
- CASTLE OF GLASS lyrics
- Like an army falling one by one by one
- IN MY REMAINS chorus
- BURN IT DOWN last chorus
- POWERLESS background melody
- LOST IN THE ECHO beginning
06-16-2012, 09:53 AM
LINE is really the best.
The intro of victimized sounds very similar to a rammstein song(mostly the guitar).. but forgot the name. (0:10 - 0:20)
06-16-2012, 10:32 AM
The whole damn album is my favorite part. I'm still trying to comprehend how amazing this really is. There really is something for fans of every LP era in here.
But if I had to pick my favorite parts, in no particular order:
- Lost In The Echo: the entire song
- I'll Be Gone: the intro still blows my mind
- Until It Breaks: Mike's rapping and Brad's vocals
- Powerless: one of the top "ballads" they've ever put out; just beautiful
- Skin To Bone: the beat
- Victimized: the fact that I can't listen to the song without thinking WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!
06-16-2012, 10:53 AM
- Lost In The Echo.
- The bridge of In My Remains.
- Castle Of Glass.
- The lyrics in Roads Untraveled.
- Brad's outro in Until It Breaks.
06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
My favourite moments :-
-That synth riff of Lost In The Echo.
-"Like an Army falling, one by one by one" on "In My Remains" gave me goosebumps.
-The HUUUGGGEE sounding chorus of I'll Be Gone.
-Mike's voice and the guitar riff in Castle Of Glass. One of the best songs they have done yet. Return of the goosebumps. ;)
-The "so-heavy-its-funny" chorus of Victimized! :P
-That moment when everything stops for a moment in "Roads Untraveled", then BANG!
-The weirdness of "Skin To Bone" and "Until It Breaks".
-The wonderful use of the same riff in "Tinfoil" and "Powerless".
-The BEAUTIFUL "Oooooo" backing vocals sung in the background by Mike(?) in "Powerless". Almost made me cry.
This album is the best thing they have ever done! :D Keep rocking LP! :headbang:
06-16-2012, 11:27 AM
- Entire Lost In The Echo.
- "Like an army falling one by one by one" in In My Remains.
- The first verse of I'll Be Gone is amazing.
- Entire Castle of Glass.
- The chorus of Victimized.
- The funny piano beginning of Roads Untraveled.
- Entire Skin to Bone.
- Mike's rap in verse 1 and Brad singing.
- Tinfoil and Powerless are great.
06-16-2012, 12:00 PM
- Possibly my favourite 'ballad' LP track since The Messenger: 'Roads Untravelled' the 'woah' bit and Mike and Chester's harmonising, in particular.
- The whole of 'Castle of Glass' it's so typically Linkin Park with elements that you would never associate with them.
- The short but not at all sweet 'Victimized'
- The crazy synth and vocal alterations on 'Skin to Bone'
- Tinfoil/ Powerless
I think I must be the only one that doesn't find Lost in the Echo to be the best track. It's good, just not the best. The synth/ riff is cool though. As is Mike's rap. I think the chorus is a little weak.
06-16-2012, 12:07 PM
- Lost in the Echo... all of it really.
- Like an army... Falling... One by one by one... beautiful
- Imma be that nnnnail in your coffin xD + Screams on LGM
- I'll be gone's Chorus is amazing!(Can't hear the strings so much?)
- The lyrics on Castle of Glass is amazing(i just find the song alittle boring)
- Victimized.... Holy Sh*t, not as heavy as expected, but very unique
- Roads untraveled - lyrics on second verse cut me open
- Until it breaks! Wow, so different than what i throught! XD Awesome rap, Amazing singing + BRAD FUCKING DELSON ON VOCALS - Sounds so much like Queen
- Powerless, loving the verses and the nice build up intro.
06-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I love the fact that even though there are only 12 tracks on this record, all the tastefully done direction changes and face-smacking beats that really beat my sternum and make me feel like I'm being held down against my will, it feels like there's about 20 songs on this album.
06-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Some highlights for me are:
- The entirety of LITE, as it harkens back to early LP and really pulls you into the album from the get-go
- "Like an army falling, one by one by one"
- The first verse and chorus of COG
- The entirety of Roads Untraveled, especially the latter half of Chester's verse
- The fitting closer that is Powerless, even though it didn't blow me away completely
In no particular order:
1) Mike's raps on Lost In The Echo. I haven't liked a rap verse from him that much since Bleed It Out.
2) The chorus of In My Remains. One early review said it was like an anthem for the end of days. It really does feel that way, possibly even more epic than The Catalyst.
3) The harmonizing on Castle of Glass. When Mike and Chester harmonize the word "see" at the end of each chorus, it gives me chills.
4) The flow from Tinfoil to Powerless.
5) Mike's first verse from Victimized. The rap verse is cool too, but I love that western verse he does first.
6) Roads Untraveled...beautiful song.
7) The strings in I'll Be Gone really do add a lot to the song.
Those are the first things that came to mind.
06-16-2012, 11:13 PM
- In My Remains: the intro, the chorus, and the best thing is the way Mike's "like an army, falling one by one" is combined with "one by one" in the background. brilliant
- Castle of Glass: the whole beat of the song, and changing between Mike and Chester
- Powerless: chorus and Mike's singing part at the end
there are many great moments but these stand out
06-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Castle of Glass
Until It Breaks
06-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Entire LOST IN THE ECHO
"Like an army falling one by one by one" (And I love how Chester starts to sing this with Mike; very epic)
LIES GREED MISERY's Chorus (I love how the lyrics are dark but the mood is so cheery)
Entire CASTLE OF GLASS (Beautiful song, Beautiful lyrics, and love the LP folk)
Mike's singing in the beginning of VICTIMIZED
I LOVE the wind chime sound in "ROADS UNTRAVELED" as well as the interplay and the line... "May your love never end and if you need a friend, there's a seat seat along side me" (I love how Chester sings that line and Mike's high voice in the background")
SKIN TO BONE's Beat, and Interplay between Chester and Mike
Entire UNTIL IT BREAKS (Brad's Part was Great) (Second Reggae Style Rap was incredible)
06-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Seriously, every fuckin' song has a moment that stands out. I don't think I ever felt that in a LP album.
I'm just going to name my favorites:
Lost In the Echo: Every detail of this song stands out. The raps and the chorus are awesome and the backing vocals are also great. The Blackout-ish bridge is perfect.
In My Remains: When Mike sings 'like an army falling one by one by one' with the marching drum in the background.
Castle Of Glass: Well, I love this song. It's perfect. The chorus is beautiful, and when Chester sings it alone it's just wow!
Roads Untraveled: Chester singing alone in the middle of the song and then with Mike harmonizing give me chills. It can't be more awesome. "there's seat here along side me".
Until It Breaks: The last part with Brad singing is great. The melody is just spot on.
Powerless: Another song that is a highlight in itself. Again, the breakdown with Chester singing gives me chills. The last chorus is great.
06-17-2012, 05:07 PM
From track 5 onwards.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.