PDA

View Full Version : LOST IN THE ECHO

AkirraKrylon
06-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Easily my favorite off LIVING THINGS. It is everything I love about Linkin Park plus more.

Mike's rapping is exceptionally well done and Chester's vocal performance is perfect for the song. The instrumentation pulls everything together and leaves you going "Wow."

What are your thoughts on LOST IN THE ECHO?

Will compile the lyrics here when I get a chance.

Xodus
06-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Absolutely great opener. Best opener in LP's history. Step aside, Papercut.

Edit: And at the least, this album, including this song, has Mike's best overall rapping since Hybrid Theory. I would even go as far as to say that it's better than HT but I haven't learned the lyrics yet.

Alexrednex
06-15-2012, 10:59 PM
One word = Eargasm
It has everything i love about LP, plus an element of Enter Shikari/Pendulum-ish sound to it.
And both Mike and Chester perform so well on this track.
Defiantly the best Album opener yet, who gets you pumped for the album. The Requiem/Radiance/BITS was amazing as well but they made me more thinking and wondering, while this just kicks you right in the fucking face.

Faint into Pieces
06-15-2012, 11:22 PM
This is the ESSENCE of Linkin Park. Absolutely incredible!!!

Blackee Dammet
06-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Best on the album by far.

HybridBharath
06-16-2012, 12:24 AM
I just listened to it and it was perfect!! I can't get over how great that chorus was! Easily the best!

Mitch
06-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Definitely their best opener. I enjoy it more than Papercut. And I love that song!

lepetitpote
06-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Yup. Better than Papercut because it offers everything they've ever done and rolled it into one 3 minute song. Fucking awesome stuff.

Kmid24
06-16-2012, 01:48 AM
My new second favorite song. I don't know that its everything they've done all rolled into one. I do believe however they couldn't make this song 10 years ago on HT. I jumped the gun to say that this was my favorite song, but I'm sorry; this song doesnt beat The Catalyst imo.

Abel
06-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Lost in the Echo = best LP album opener EVER and absolutely one of my favorite LP songs ever.

Money Maker Mike
06-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Lost in the Echo is Linkin Park's great things combined into a HUGE song.

Delta Epsilon
06-16-2012, 02:20 AM
My new second favorite song. I don't know that its everything they've done all rolled into one. I do believe however they couldn't make this song 10 years ago on HT. I jumped the gun to say that this was my favorite song, but I'm sorry; this song doesnt beat The Catalyst imo.

In my opinion the two don't even compare. The Catalyst was a dull, repetitive bore.

Justin V.
06-16-2012, 02:26 AM
In my opinion it's now THE Linkin Park song as far as showing where they have been and where they are going. Screams, singing, rapping, scratching, electronics and synths. Sampled beats and real drums. Best opener on an album by far.

wolf95
06-16-2012, 02:48 AM
Lost in The Echo is a masterpiece and the best on the album by far and my opinion one of their best of all time. It's just brilliant!

nscoope
06-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Lost In the Echo is definitely THE song on Living Things. I'm actually listening to it right now haha. It's just sooooooooo sick! I saw a couple people mention that it would have been better without the screaming but I totally disagree. The song is AWESOME from start to finish!

wolf95
06-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Will compile the lyrics here when I get a chance.

Here they are:

Shinoda:
(yeah) (yo)
You were that foundation
Never gonna be another one, no.
I followed, so taken
so conditioned I could never let go
Then sorrow, then sickness
then the shock when you flip it on me
So hollow, so vicious
so afraid I couldn't let myself see
That I could never be held
Back up, no, I'll hold myself.
Check the rep, yep you know my rail
Forget the rest let them know my hell
Damn, I'm back yep, my stories sell,
Kept respect up the vets stay their,
Let the rest be to tell they tale
That I was there saying…

(Chorus)
Chester:
And these promises broken
deep, feeble
Each word gets lost in the echo
So one last lie I can see through
This time I finally let you
Go, go, go.

Shinoda:
Test my will, test my heart
Let me tell you how the odds gonna stack up
Y'all go hard, I go smart
How's it working out for y'all in the back, huh?
I've seen that frustration
big cross, their lost but don't know
And I've come back unshaken
Let down, I've lived and let go
So you can let it be known
I don't hold back, I hold my own
I can't be mad, I can't be calm
I can't sing flat, it aint my tone
I can't fall back, I came too far
Hold myself up and love my scars
Let the bells ring wherever they are
Cause I was there saying...

(Chorus)
Chester:
deep, feeble
This time I finally let you go!!!
Go, go, go.

Shinoda:
No, you can tell 'em all now
I don't back up, I don't back down
I don't fold up, and I don't bow
I don't roll over, don't know how
I don't care where the enemies are
Can't be stopped, all I know: Go Hard!
Won't forget how I got this far
And every time, saying…

(Chorus)
Chester:
deep, feeble
This time I finally let you
Go, go, go. (Go, go, go)

OMG I'm in love with this song :awesome:

Cho1408
06-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I would have to say this is the BEST song of LP in years. Mike's dope raps, Chester's angelic chorus and screams, Mr. Hahn's reanimation-y part, the cool freaking synths. Now this is what I call a mash up of all their albums. I hope they make it the next single

Qwerty19
06-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Absolutely great. Nothing else to say. Well, yes: Tied with Papercut as best album opener.

Nish
06-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Having finally heard it, I see the parallels being drawn to In The End in the sense that there's that old school back-and-forth between Mike and Chester. It'd be hugely popular if released as a single. Mike said it best himself, I can't see how this song would have been made without having made everything that came before it. Mike's second and third verses are beyond amazing. Plus, that scream bit between those verses reminds me more of Blackout than Reanimation :)

shwcobb
06-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Gotta love being in minority - it's nothing special, imho. The melody can't catch my ear for the life of me. Technically, it's great. But an all-together feeling is meh. Papercut puts it to the shame at any given moment.

KaitoKid
06-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Only song got 10/10.

TheJenk
06-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Definitely an amazing track. Deserves to be a single.

Castle Of Glasses
06-16-2012, 01:32 PM
I love HT as much as the next guy, but IMO this song absolutly destroys everything on it. It boggles my mind that people think papercut is better or even on the same level as this song. Obviously everyone is different and entitled to their opinions but I think maybe some people need to take of the nostalgia glasses.

Death Slayer
06-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Gotta love being in minority - it's nothing special, imho. The melody can't catch my ear for the life of me. Technically, it's great. But an all-together feeling is meh. Papercut puts it to the shame at any given moment.

I'm interested to know, which songs do you like off the new album?

Nish
06-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Definitely an amazing track. Deserves to be a single.

It would make 0 sense not to make this the next single. This isn't even my favourite song off the album but it's definitely single-worthy.

Sunset
06-16-2012, 02:37 PM
It would make 0 sense not to make this the next single. This isn't even my favourite song off the album but it's definitely single-worthy.

This

I don't think it's the best song on the Album. But it's just my taste, and it looks like alot of people like it, so it deserves to be the next single

Avo
06-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't see why everyone's so crazy about LITE. Sure it's catchy, but it has the predictable structure and sound of HT/M. It makes the song kind of bland to me. I doubt I'll listen to it very often in a couple weeks.

Blake
06-16-2012, 04:03 PM
My 2nd favorite LT song, and already my 3rd favorite LP song. Just Epic!!

Qwerty19
06-16-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't see why everyone's so crazy about LITE. Sure it's catchy, but it has the predictable structure and sound of HT/M. It makes the song kind of bland to me. I doubt I'll listen to it very often in a couple weeks.
Well it might sound a little like HT/M, but it doesn't bother me at all since the song is good. And to be honest I don't see why it would necessary be a bad thing to sound a little like HT/M. I'm a fan because of those records so...

Xodus
06-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Well it might sound a little like HT/M, but it doesn't bother me at all since the song is good. And to be honest I don't see why it would necessary be a bad thing to sound a little like HT/M. I'm a fan because of those records so...

Agreed. I've been pretty big about wanting LP to branch away from that structure but they pulled it off while still having it sound fresh.

Ben
06-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Absolutely great opener. Best opener in LP's history. Step aside, Papercut.

Edit: And at the least, this album, including this song, has Mike's best overall rapping since Hybrid Theory. I would even go as far as to say that it's better than HT but I haven't learned the lyrics yet.

As much as I love Lost In The Echo, and am already dubbing Living Things the best LP album, I disagree. Papercut > LITE in my opinion.

Ree
06-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I love this song. Great intro, Mike's raps are brilliant and Chester sounds incredible! It's Linkin Park at their best, imo. This MUST be a single!

It's tied for my number 1 song on LT with SKIN TO BONE.

livingthings7
06-16-2012, 06:03 PM
best fricken linkin park song!!! this song is gonna be a classic LP song :)

Stino LPLeaks
06-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Lost In The Echo should definitely become a single. But it's not the best song on the album (opinions...).

Let's say: 8,5/10

Athan
06-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Simply blows your mind, hits u from every side, wakes up all your senses, heart starts skipping beats.... One of their best songs they ever made, if its not even the best one so far!

mastae
06-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I think it's a great song, however, I don't think it's the best album opener. Papercut stills takes that cake.

DirtyBlup
06-17-2012, 12:57 PM
my favorite one!

jare0674
06-17-2012, 01:46 PM
This should have been the lead single to win back the old fans. This is also the only song I can think of were Mike actually drops a third verse.

On a side note does anybody else almost expect to hear nuff respect every time they hear the check the rep, yep lyrics in this?

Calvin
06-17-2012, 01:59 PM
This should have been the lead single to win back the old fans. This is also the only song I can think of were Mike actually drops a third verse.

On a side note does anybody else almost expect to hear nuff respect every time they hear the check the rep, yep lyrics in this?

I expect to hear "Check the rep, yep, second to none" every time I hear that line :).

Nathanleedavies94
06-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm gonna hammer LITE in the gym tomorrow! \m/ LP <3

Star Scream
06-18-2012, 12:57 AM
amazing song words cannot describe the awesomeness of this song the meaning, the melody and the electronics everything is amazing about it you just cant criticize it

a good 10/10 :awesome:

Broman
06-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Not my favorite song on the album, but its definitely in my top 10 fave LP songs, its a crazy up beat version of In The End. 2 thumbs up for me :)

lpfaneki
06-18-2012, 09:24 AM
holy fuck Da best of the Best....!

Denny
06-18-2012, 11:10 AM
I still haven't listened to Living Things yet. But I am more than excited.

Hrvman
06-19-2012, 07:56 PM
The speed of the song, this is a perfect song for an action scene, a Mirror's Edge like girl running from somebody getting reached and escaping again and running again with a lot of action scenes, this song is so damn good, I love the part where Chester sings, and .. aaaaand Mike comebacks again with even more power, the song is really cool, and I love the World Cup like begining, like some brazilian techno into for a soccer world cup lol