PDA

View Full Version : Will Powerless be the best ending track from an album yet?

Blake
06-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Many people call The Little Things Give You Away the best ending track from an LP album. And even if you think a different song is the best ending track for LP, do you think Powerless (based on descriptions and that little LPTV snippet) could be the best ending track ever to an LP album?

crazygolfer
06-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Ooooh yeaaa baby!

Shadester
06-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Powerless is cool from what we've heard of it, but I think TLTGYA is a lot more soulful and has greater depth to it so I doubt it'll be beaten.

Xero21
06-12-2012, 01:51 AM
I dunno man. Numb's a pretty tough one to beat.

MicCarrera
06-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Numb is my favorite song of all time, so I highly doubt that it will be able to beat it. But I do believe it will beat TLTGYA and the messenger, and could beat Pushing me Away.

peterilo
06-12-2012, 02:48 AM
TLTGYA is one of the best LP songs, POWERLESS until now is great and beautiful. I think POWERLESS' short length wouldn't make it as epic as TLTGYA. I have very high expectations

Ben
06-12-2012, 02:49 AM
It could be. Personally, Pushing Me Away is my favorite album closer. I was never huge on TLTGYA. I do really like Numb and The Messenger too though.

We'll find out soon though. I hope it is.

Avo
06-12-2012, 03:00 AM
TLTGYA will be nearly impossible to beat, so I don't think there's much hope there.

minuteforce
06-12-2012, 03:01 AM
How the hell should we know?

lepetitpote
06-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Well, Pushing Me Away was my favourite ending track to date, followed by the ever-so-wonderful Numb, then TLTGYA then The Messenger. Not too fond of The Messenger - LP shouldn't go acoustic ever

Judging by Powerless' descriptions, it does sound pretty good but how are we meant to know otherwise?

wakadoodle
06-12-2012, 04:22 AM
I like any LP ending track so..I don't care XD

TheJenk
06-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Couldn't tell ya

mastae
06-12-2012, 04:46 AM
I don't know. Brush your teeth.

Seriously, what are these threads?

That's like asking 'Do you think Lost in the Echo will be a good track?'

Uhm... sure

Geki
06-12-2012, 05:15 AM
TLTGYA can't really be beat, IMO, but POWERLESS seems to be a strong second for me. I haven't heard the song yet (obviously) but I think it will be better than PMA, Numb or The Messenger, but I don't think anything can really beat TLTGYA.

Pidgeon
06-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Dude, this thread is so fucking. . . Ugh, I'm leaving before I get in trouble.

Infamous Davy Fresh Cobra
06-12-2012, 07:40 PM

:lol: exactly what I was thinking when I read the thread

Blake
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
It's called making a predictions based on what you know about the song.

Flagrare
06-12-2012, 07:48 PM
TLTGYA. Just that.

Jovertop
06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
yes i think powerless will be *-* but tltgya was the best before :D

Hybrid
06-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh my god. Dude, we haven't even heard it yet. :facepalm: I'm with Pidgey on this one.

SKaRR*oKi
06-12-2012, 08:29 PM
The way i see it, Numb is a good single, Pushing Me Away is a good album song, The Messenger was a show of experimentation.

The Little Things Give You Away was an actual album-ender, if you get me. From what i've heard of POWERLESS, it is an album ender, epic and progressive. i have high hopes and as long as it feels like it's closing up the album, i'll be happy. No idea if it'll be the best end song though

Blake
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Oh my god. Dude, we haven't even heard it yet. :facepalm: I'm with Pidgey on this one.

Obviously after you hear it, you would know it's its your favorite or not

CriminalMonster
06-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Well The Messenger is my favourite ever Linkin Park track, so I would have to say no.

Super Sonic
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
I have no idea.

lpfanhun
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Well, we haven't heard the song yet, but TLTGYA is the best Linkin Park song ever(IMO), so Powerless haven't got much chance.

Clever Name
06-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah. I think it'll beat TLGY + Numb, But only time will tell!

06-12-2012, 10:06 PM
The way i see it, Numb is a good single, Pushing Me Away is a good album song, The Messenger was a show of experimentation.

The Little Things Give You Away was an actual album-ender, if you get me. From what i've heard of POWERLESS, it is an album ender, epic and progressive. i have high hopes and as long as it feels like it's closing up the album, i'll be happy. No idea if it'll be the best end song though

The Messenger isn't really experimentation. It's not common for LP but acoustic tracks like that are nothing new.

06-12-2012, 10:07 PM
I hope Burn it Down and LGM are the worst songs on the album :)

Blake
06-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I hope Burn it Down and LGM are the worst songs on the album :)
if LGM is the 2nd worst song on the album, It would be the best album ever created, and My top 10 LP songs would consist of BTH + 9 LT songs :lol:

also, don't double post. Use the edit button.

Geki
06-14-2012, 04:59 AM
To be honest, I think the worst song on the album is LGM. BID is already way better for me, and all the other songs so way more interesting and better. I'm not really digging LGM for some reason. I've already played Tinfoil and the UIB verse more than LGM.

MicCarrera
06-14-2012, 05:29 AM
To be honest, I think the worst song on the album is LGM. BID is already way better for me, and all the other songs so way more interesting and better. I'm not really digging LGM for some reason. I've already played Tinfoil and the UIB verse more than LGM.

This. I've played BID a shit load along with UIB verse. Tinfoil i've only played once because it's the live version I can't hear very well. LGM just doesn't seem to blend in with me. It's alright but not great.

Qwerty19
06-14-2012, 05:42 AM
Well, I think BID is waaaaay worse. There isn't such thing as worst and best song on an album. LGM will maybe be your least favorite, but definitely not mine.

Robert
06-14-2012, 12:12 PM
We'll see, I don't know if it could beat The Little Things Give You Away.

also, don't double post. Use the edit button.

Don't advice other people, you may get an infraction for that.

And I may get one now, too :lol:

Hybrid
06-14-2012, 01:12 PM

Obviously after you hear it, you would know it's its your favorite or not

I think it is too soon to know. Even after the album is out for 3 months, it will still be too early to know if it is the bestest ever.

Don't advice other people, you may get an infraction for that.

And I may get one now, too :lol:

I don't think either of you will. You're not advising the Mods or the Team on how to go do their job. He might have been telling socks, like I have before, because he is new here and might not understand all of the rules of the forum quite yet. He's like a good big brother looking after his little brother. :shrug:

06-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I think it is too soon to know. Even after the album is out for 3 months, it will still be too early to know if it is the bestest ever.

I don't think either of you will. You're not advising the Mods or the Team on how to go do their job. He might have been telling socks, like I have before, because he is new here and might not understand all of the rules of the forum quite yet. He's like a good big brother looking after his little brother. :shrug: Okay here is the honest reason why I double post instead of editing. It's a habit. I'm so used to Youtube's comment section where you would often double post since it has no edit button. I end up not realising I can edit my posts on other sites :lol:

Top2Bottom
06-14-2012, 11:49 PM
I think it's kind of hard to say if it will be the best album ender, until we've heard the entire album to see if it fits as well as the rest.

For me, I fell in love with TLTGYA straight away. But, I listen to Pushing Me Away and Numb more. And The Messenger is excellent but I honestly don't listen to it a hell of a lot.

Xodus
06-15-2012, 10:10 PM
It is. I almost cried some grown man tears listening to that one.

Nick_Watanabe
06-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Many people call The Little Things Give You Away the best ending track from an LP album. And even if you think a different song is the best ending track for LP, do you think Powerless (based on descriptions and that little LPTV snippet) could be the best ending track ever to an LP album?

I'm not agreed with that TLTGYA thing, for me the best ending track WAS Pushing Me Away, now is just that perfect combination Tinfoil+Powerless

Death Slayer
06-15-2012, 11:47 PM
it is

Gabe Newell
06-15-2012, 11:48 PM
it is

You took the words out of my mouth.

Death Slayer
06-15-2012, 11:56 PM
You took the words out of my mouth.

Nuff said.

06-16-2012, 01:06 AM
It's a gorgeous song but I like Little Things Give You Away and The Messenger more

Avo
06-16-2012, 01:16 AM
As expected, nothing can touch TLTGYA. Although it dethroned The Messenger as number 2.

Faint into Pieces
06-16-2012, 02:07 AM
As The Little Things was nearly untouchable to begin with, I figured it would reign king and I believe it has. Although the combination of Tinfoil + Powerless definitely strikes hard. Though Powerless on it's own eclipses any other ending track from LP.

Money Maker Mike
06-16-2012, 02:10 AM
I have to say powerless beats TLTGYA. Powerless gives me shivers. Chester's voice is unbelivably amazing. It has energy and makes the album feel complete.

I'm so overwhelmed by this album.

nscoope
06-16-2012, 03:02 AM
As expected, nothing can touch TLTGYA. Although it dethroned The Messenger as number 2.

Agreed.

HybridBharath
06-16-2012, 06:03 AM
Powerless has taken over the throne of ending track for me! Chester's voice is perfect, instrumental is beautiful, lyrics are amazing!! It combines all their ending tracks to make this one for me.

JESEFF
06-16-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't really see it as the best closer they've done, but it's a damn close second.

For me it's:
The Little Things Give You Away > POWERLESS > Pushing Me Away = Krwling (if we are counting Reanimation as a studio album) > The Messenger > Numb

Zumi
06-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Powerless> The little things give you away> Numb> The Messenger>A Place for my head

IISUPERXEROI
06-16-2012, 08:39 AM
powerless > all ending track

nscoope
06-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Powerless> The little things give you away> Numb> The Messenger>A Place for my head

A Place For My Head wasn't an album closer my friend. There was 3 tracks after it on Hybrid Theory

Caniba
06-16-2012, 08:48 AM
My Opinion:
Numb > Powerless > Pushing Me Away > TLTGYA > The Messenger

Death Slayer
06-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Numb is a really good song single-wise but as an 'album-closer' I had to go with POWERLESS

Sunset
06-16-2012, 03:05 PM
TLTGYA > Powerless > The Messenger > (Krwlng) > Pushing Me Away > Numb

Blake
06-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Eh, I still think Pushing Me Away is better.

Pushing Me Away>Powerless>Numb> (Krwlng)>TLGYA>The Messenger

for me

Nathanleedavies94
06-16-2012, 04:39 PM
The Messenger
TLTGYA
Numb
Pushing Me Away

haven't listend to POWERLESS yet, so i cant judge on that song

Bennington_Hahn
06-16-2012, 05:36 PM
As i haven't heard it yet, is it a really epic song like LTGYA/Krwlng or a powerballad akin to Numb/Pushing.
I ask as the songs length is pretty short. unless with Tinfoil it becomes much more. If they didn't split the tracks, how much longer would powerless be?

Fragmuffin
06-16-2012, 05:40 PM
As i haven't heard it yet, is it a really epic song like LTGYA/Krwlng or a powerballad akin to Numb/Pushing.
I ask as the songs length is pretty short. unless with Tinfoil it becomes much more. If they didn't split the tracks, how much longer would powerless be?

It doesn't have as great of a buildup as a song like Krwlng, and I'd have liked it to be a bit longer, but it's a fitting closer, nonetheless.

So besides the buildup not being all that it could've been along with it being almost uncomfortably short, it's a really good song.

Qwerty19
06-16-2012, 05:40 PM
More of a powerballad. There's a good load of energy in the song.

Anyway

TLTGYA > Powerless = Pushing Me Away > Numb >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Messenger

JESEFF
06-16-2012, 05:42 PM

Powerless would be over 5 minutes if they didn't split the intro into another song. As far as a description for the song itself, it's really a mixture of TLTGYA and Pushing Me Away. Where it's epic as fuck, but is still a ballad. But that would be up for you to decide based on your initial listen of the album.

Bennington_Hahn
06-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Sweet! Thanks guys, Sounds like the album goes out with a bang! I'm really looking forward to hearing this one the most of all!

AaronJxD
06-17-2012, 05:36 PM
For me, The Little Things Give You Away was the best ending to their albums, but it's followed by Powerless. I don't know if its just me that thinks Roads Untraveled should have been the ending track for the album? Anyone else think that?

Agent Sideburns
06-17-2012, 05:38 PM
I don't really see it as the best closer they've done, but it's a damn close second.

For me it's:
The Little Things Give You Away > POWERLESS > Pushing Me Away = Krwling (if we are counting Reanimation as a studio album) > The Messenger > Numb

This.

TLTGYA is too damn powerful, no pun. :shinado:

thomas003
06-17-2012, 09:57 PM
No song could ever beat Numb imo! TLTGYA and Pushing Me Away are also hard to beat.
I like LT a lot, but Powerless is my least favorite track of the album, I'm not diggin it.

MicCarrera
06-17-2012, 10:38 PM
My Opinion:
Numb > Powerless > Pushing Me Away > TLTGYA > The Messenger

This.

Manu
06-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Numb? Seriously? The cheesiest, most unoriginal song they've ever wrote?

MicCarrera
06-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Numb? Seriously? The cheesiest, most unoriginal song they've ever wrote?

Great instrumental, love that melody at the begining, with chester's amazing voice and mike's echoing voice during the end of the verses, plus that unforgettable chorus, along with the message about being yourself, nobody can change you. Numb-Encore is where I first heard it and I found the orginal and fell in love with Linkin Park ever since. Funny how a guy who listens to strictlly hip hop likes a band the most.

Broman
06-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Powerless > Numb = Pushing Me Away > The Messenger = TLTGYA

millertd0513
06-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Hard for me to judge this one. It's a great track, as great as Pushing Me Away or Little Things Give You Away.

My answer: mayhaps?

kwill
06-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Little Things Give You Away = Powerless > Numb = Pushing Me Away > Messenger

Rosh
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
The Little Things Give You Away is their best album closer and is on a perch that it will probably never be knocked off of. But that's not a bad thing. I don't think the other songs are written to 'top' TLTGYA.

Little Things takes the soulful vocals, powerful message, great instrumental, and puts it all together and does it better than any of the other closers. The moment the three vocals start at the end singing their different parts together till the end where they all dissipate into nothing at the same time is chill-inducing. It remains one of the biggest saving graces for MtM (my least favorite LP album). Powerless isn't bad, but it's no TLTGYA.

The Little Things Give You Away > Powerless > Numb > Pushing Me Away > The Messenger

Now, if The Catalyst had been an album ender like I feel it should have been, that's a game changer. But that's a discussion for another day.

dhishqu
06-18-2012, 08:35 PM
i simply know that powerless has made a permanent place in my heart....
chester jus nailed it.:headbang:

mlg556
06-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Powerless and TLTGYA both are very good songs,but no way they're gonna beat Messenger :D

SkullDevil217
06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
I can honestly say that, in my opinion, Powerless is the best album closer that Linkin Park has made. I absolutely love TLTGYA, it's so somber, deep and poetic, but Powerless managed to touch me more because it had the most emotion put into it.

ragsta
06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
This track is realllly growing on me. Anyone else has this too? I LOVE IT.

Filip
06-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Powerless sounds really great, but I don't think it's the best closing track. I mean, it has a pretty long intro until it reaches the breakdown which is soooo awesome.

Kaique Smart
06-19-2012, 11:02 PM
The song is great, but I still prefer THE MESSENGER.