PDA

View Full Version : BID vs LGM (2012)

Arjun
05-25-2012, 07:54 AM
which song you think is better? Burn it down or Lies greed Misery.Even if you dont like both vote the one which was better.

For me its LGM because its energetic, fast paced and on the aggressive side.

Snail
05-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Aint nuttin but LIES GREED MISERY

Zumi
05-25-2012, 08:08 AM
My good taste of music says "Lies Greed Misery"

Death Slayer
05-25-2012, 08:23 AM
I would go for BID cuz it's more LP-ish than LGM.
Second reason is I'm not sure whether I like LGM because of its style or because it's LP.

mastae
05-25-2012, 08:29 AM
LGM is more unique

Louis
05-25-2012, 08:48 AM
I kind of hate to say it, simply because it was kind of a disappointment being the first thing to come out since A Thousand Suns, but I really do think that "BURN IT DOWN" is the better song. I've been trying really hard today in terms of allowing "LIES GREED MISERY" to grow on me, but it's not. It's an interesting juxtaposition of pseudo-dubstep and glitch electronics with Hybrid Theory-esque vocals and lyrics, but it's not a good song. It honestly kind of enrages me, and I think it's largely because the music doesn't sound as angry as the lyrics do. Some people pull off that kind of inter-contradiction really well, and Linkin Park has too (see Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks," as well as "Waiting for the End"), but this song did not do it well. It sounded off and honestly, it sounded a lot like noise. I think I would have liked the instrumental on its own.

With that said, "BURN IT DOWN" is the better song largely because it's not a bad song. I actually think that despite it being a complete rehashing of everything Linkin Park's ever done, it's still a well-constructed song. If anything, the band is displaying that it can make good singles that would appeal to almost every fan and that they have their general long-term structure down. While I don't like it because I've been hoping for something as groundbreaking as A Thousand Suns (but I know it's not realistic for me to believe that'll be the case considering that we've already heard two songs (almost three or four, including "TINFOIL" and that verse from "UNTIL IT BREAKS") that really don't seem all that groundbreaking), it still is a decent song. It's well-written and I like the instrumental to it. It's not their best, but it's not their worst. It's certainly better than "LIES GREED MISERY."

Infamous Davy Fresh Cobra
05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Not sure. BID is better to sing along to and is longer but LGM is just so awesome! Can't wait for the rest of the album. One thing that is weird about Lies is the lyrics are angry and pissed off while the music sounds cheery and up beat

hawk.
05-25-2012, 09:27 AM
While I don't like it because I've been hoping for something as groundbreaking as A Thousand Suns (but I know it's not realistic for me to believe that'll be the case considering that we've already heard two songs (almost three or four, including "TINFOIL" and that verse from "UNTIL IT BREAKS") that really don't seem all that groundbreaking)

I personally prefer LIES GREED MISERY, but I agree with exactly what you've written here, which sucks.

The Prisoner
05-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I kind of hate to say it, simply because it was kind of a disappointment being the first thing to come out since A Thousand Suns, but I really do think that "BURN IT DOWN" is the better song. I've been trying really hard today in terms of allowing "LIES GREED MISERY" to grow on me, but it's not. It's an interesting juxtaposition of pseudo-dubstep and glitch electronics with Hybrid Theory-esque vocals and lyrics, but it's not a good song. It honestly kind of enrages me, and I think it's largely because the music doesn't sound as angry as the lyrics do. Some people pull off that kind of inter-contradiction really well, and Linkin Park has too (see Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks," as well as "Waiting for the End"), but this song did not do it well. It sounded off and honestly, it sounded a lot like noise. I think I would have liked the instrumental on its own.

With that said, "BURN IT DOWN" is the better song largely because it's not a bad song. I actually think that despite it being a complete rehashing of everything Linkin Park's ever done, it's still a well-constructed song. If anything, the band is displaying that it can make good singles that would appeal to almost every fan and that they have their general long-term structure down. While I don't like it because I've been hoping for something as groundbreaking as A Thousand Suns (but I know it's not realistic for me to believe that'll be the case considering that we've already heard two songs (almost three or four, including "TINFOIL" and that verse from "UNTIL IT BREAKS") that really don't seem all that groundbreaking), it still is a decent song. It's well-written and I like the instrumental to it. It's not their best, but it's not their worst. It's certainly better than "LIES GREED MISERY."

Not sure. BID is better to sing along to and is longer but LGM is just so awesome! Can't wait for the rest of the album. One thing that is weird about Lies is the lyrics are angry and pissed off while the music sounds cheery and up beat

this.

ZoeLinkingal
05-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Lies Greed Misery is more fast paced than the "fast paced" song. Fastpaceception.

jordanW241
05-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I prefer LGM I think, it's just a lot more interesting to listen to imo, despite its length. That's not to say I don't like BID though :P

Qwerty19
05-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I like BID but it's too single-esque

So I vote for LGM, which is awesome!

Arjun
05-25-2012, 11:56 AM
same was with blackout. this contradiction between the tune and lyrics is what makes both LGM and Blackout awesome songs.

Coldplay
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey, I just met you
And I'm still sleepy
But I think I like'em
Both equally

And this doesn't look right
I'll break decorum
Isn't this topic in
The wrong sub-forum?

Robert
05-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Because I'm so pumped for Lies Greed Misery, I'd probably just say I like it more, but... if I really think about it, I like Burn It Down better.

Ron Jeremy
05-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I have to say LGM here. BID is a little generic and LGM adds a Hybrid Theory-esq vocal track (Add roots here) with a fresh modern electronic style. I just have to get used to the chorus.

shwcobb
05-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Burn It Down, imho.

AkirraKrylon
05-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I have to say LGM here. BID is a little generic and LGM adds a Hybrid Theory-esq vocal track (Add roots here) with a fresh modern electronic style. I just have to get used to the chorus.

I think that is the initial reaction especially if you listen to a low quality rip of the BBC airing. The chorus vocals and instrumentation don't appear to mesh well at first listen. You kinda go Huh? What?

After a second listen and a much better (CD quality actually) MP3, the chorus is actually really good :D

Cookie Monster
05-25-2012, 02:08 PM
LGM.

Oberyn
05-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm really not sure, I really do like "Lies Greed Misery"'s instrumental a lot. I'd prefer if there were no vocals on it. It doesn't sound like a rehash of Meteora or Hybrid Theory, instrumental wise.

On the other hand, Burn it Down also has a good instrumental but it reeks of similarity to The Catalyst, New Divide, Blackout and What I've Done thus it loses a lot of originality. So, if it were just an instrumental I'd have a hard time not comparing it to those songs. That's not something I think I could love... The lyric of the verses are good but the chorus and rap parts are just quite corny. Which kind of defeats the verses, I guess.

The song structures of both tracks are about the same. Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Chorus. Standard HT and MT structures, thus quite boring after the gem of A Thousand Suns.

Which one is better is hard to say but if I had to pick an instrumental I'd pick LIES GREED MISERY.

Moridin
05-25-2012, 02:53 PM
I have an equal amount of disdain for both of them.

Mark
05-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Please use the Living Things forum when posting Living Things-related threads.

cradle
05-25-2012, 04:01 PM
LGM.

Super Sonic
05-25-2012, 04:07 PM
LIES GREED MISERY

Dissociative
05-25-2012, 04:12 PM
well since "Lies, Greed, Misery" is undeniably their worst song ever, by default I'd have to pick "Burn it Down", and not because I love the song.

Arjun
05-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Please use the Living Things forum when posting Living Things-related threads.
sorry didnt see that we had that.

Avo
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Eh, I dislike both of them equally.

Robert
05-25-2012, 06:21 PM
well since "Lies Greed Misery" is undeniably their worst song ever, by default I'd have to pick "Burn it Down", and not because I love the song.

FTFY

AllisonPink
05-25-2012, 06:27 PM
It's hard for me to decide because they're so different. Right now I'd have to say BID because it just sounds more like LP to me. But LGM is growing on me.

AkirraKrylon
05-25-2012, 06:28 PM
well since "Lies, Greed, Misery" is undeniably their worst song ever, by default I'd have to pick "Burn it Down", and not because I love the song.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/y-u-mad.jpg

Their worst song ever? Come on....lol

I can understand some people saying they don't like LGM but its far from their worst song ever.

laura
05-25-2012, 06:30 PM
o my god i love burn it down and lies greed misery it's cool so i can't vote

Blake
05-25-2012, 06:36 PM
LGM. Top 3 LP song for me!

Bennington_Hahn
05-25-2012, 06:54 PM
LGM at the moment, as it offers something new with each listen. But I don't love the song like I did withn W&K, and I'm still hoping for something darker and more experimental on the rest of the album.

overall I'd say LGM is slightly less commercial than BIT, but that said I reckon it has a potential to be a successful single in the future.

Adiek84
05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
I prefer LIES GREED MISERY because it's more surprising and special. Even though I like BURN IT DOWN a lot, I feel like this is nothing new. LIES GREED MISERY on the other hand sounds fresher. Also LGM is just badass. I love badass songs!

Kaique Smart
05-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I liked much more LIES GREED MISERY.

lepetitpote
05-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Lies Greed Misery because it's original and reminds me of classic LP mixed with their new sound (and it's sounds fucking amazing) and perfect structure as well as an incredible ending from Bennington. Definitely a unique song and better than Burn it Down by miles. And it has more energy than BiD.

Amanda
05-26-2012, 06:24 AM
I don't know how fair it is to compare two songs this different.
I'm gonna call a tie personally just because I think they're two totally different animals.

Filip
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I'd go with Lies Greed Misery because to me it's more energetic, and I personally love electronic beats and electronic music. That's why I loved A Thousand Suns...I really have high expectations from Living Things so far!

Spitz
05-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Burn it Down may be generic as all hell, but at least it feels finished. LGM sounds like a half-baked demo that the band rushed out to the fans because half of them complained about how A Thousand Suns wasted their time with all of the segues and build-up. However, with no build-up you don't get much of a pay-off.

Rahat
05-27-2012, 01:51 AM
I like Lies Greed Misery better. Burn it down is great but Lies Greed Misery is just more fun to listen to.

Star Scream
05-28-2012, 03:06 AM
burn it down!!!

TheJenk
05-28-2012, 03:21 AM
So hard to compare them.. They're so different.

Xodus
05-28-2012, 09:09 PM
They're good but not great songs to me. I prefer LGM though because it's more of a fun song and I can envision it being a fun song to hear live. But there's nothing too special about either, imo.

@LP2K12
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
For radio airplay: Burn It Down.

For a live show: LGM.

My vote goes to BID.

Top2Bottom
05-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Lies greed misery because I like it when Chester screams insanely lol. I'm surprised it is a single but I suppose it'll bring back some lost fans who want them to be angry that they lost on ATS.

TheDudeFatJay
05-29-2012, 12:31 PM
LGM in my opinion because it's way more different then BID and it's seems great live. BID is something that could have been on ATS without a doubt

Robert
05-29-2012, 12:45 PM
LGM in my opinion because it's way more different then BID and it's seems great live. BID is something that could have been on ATS without a doubt

Meh, it's too generic to be in ATS.

LP-tastic
05-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Lies Greed Misery

I just canīt stop listening to this song.

Pidgeon
05-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Burn it down just has. . . it just has a fuller feeling. LGM is good but something empty about it. Idk how to explain it.

TheDudeFatJay
05-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Meh, it's too generic to be in ATS.

Now when i think about it, i guess your right.