PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Fire.

Jayhov
05-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Discuss? I love Funeral and The Surburbs. I haven't checked out Neon Bible yet.

Jesse
05-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I love Arcade Fire.

Qwerty19
05-15-2012, 11:47 PM
I've only listened to The Suburbs so far. But not once or 2, I've played this reocrd a shitload of times :lol:

It's great, my favorite songs on it are : Ready To Start, Empty Room, The Suburbs, We used to wait, and the 2 half light. I guess that's almost the half of the whole album :lol:

Xero21
05-16-2012, 02:11 AM
I believe Arcade Fire is the greatest band of our generation. they're fucking poets. they don't try too hard to make cool sounds or be trendy, but they know how to write god damn music. everything from the instrumentation to the lyrics.

Also, Jayhov, as far as Neon Bible goes, it's also a great album, but I find it impossible to compare to Funeral and The Suburbs. not because it's worse, but because it's...different. Funeral and The Suburbs sound like they go together, and thematically they do. Neon Bible is its own beast, but it's a great work in its own right.

so yeah, I'm a fan.

minuteforce
05-16-2012, 03:55 AM
I just checked out the video for "The Suburbs".

I think I might get into Arcade Fire. :*

mastae
05-16-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm weird. Most people prefer Funeral and The Suburbs over Neon Bible, while I prefer Neon Bible. I think Funeral and The Suburbs are both fantastic albums, though.

Mark
05-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Would somebody mind suggesting a few AF songs that are not from The Suburbs?

Xero21
05-16-2012, 04:25 AM

here's somewhere to start: http://www.beonlineb.com/

the interactive site for their song Neon Bible. also, Neighborhoods 1, 2, 3, and 4 off of Funeral. No Cars Go and Ocean Of Noise from Neon Bible.

mastae
05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Check out Keep The Car Running. That song makes me so happy!

Shadester
05-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Funeral is one of the greatest albums ever made. These guys are among my favourite bands for sure.

Jesse
05-16-2012, 06:06 PM

From Neon Bible

My Body is a Cage
Intervention
Keep the Car Running
Windowsill
No Cars Go

From Funeral

Rebellion (Lies)
Crowd of Love
Wake Up
Tunnels (Neighborhood #1)
Laika (Neighborhood #2)
Power Out (Neighborhood #3)

Jayhov
05-17-2012, 02:21 AM
I believe Arcade Fire is the greatest band of our generation. they're fucking poets. they don't try too hard to make cool sounds or be trendy, but they know how to write god damn music. everything from the instrumentation to the lyrics.

Also, Jayhov, as far as Neon Bible goes, it's also a great album, but I find it impossible to compare to Funeral and The Suburbs. not because it's worse, but because it's...different. Funeral and The Suburbs sound like they go together, and thematically they do. Neon Bible is its own beast, but it's a great work in its own right.

so yeah, I'm a fan.

Thanks for the info, dude! What makes the album different? Like, what makes it different?

Xero21
05-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the info, dude! What makes the album different? Like, what makes it different?

Well for one thing, it's their political album. While the other two deal with internal, personal struggles like growing up, Neon Bible deals with consumerism, religion, war, and things of that nature.

Also, it's their most "song-based" album. Where Funeral and The Suburbs sound and flow like a story, Neon Bible deals with different themes in different songs. Kind of like the difference between A Thousand Suns and Minutes To Midnight I guess.

Jesse
05-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Intervention and Sprawl Part II are my favorite Arcade Fire songs.

Working for a church while your family dies
You take what they give you and you keep it inside
Every spark of friendship and love will die without a home...

Working for a church while your family dies
Your little baby's sister is going to lose her mind
Every spark of friendship and love will die without a home...