PDA

View Full Version : Will Mike sing on Living Things?

deadbysunrise
04-29-2012, 10:23 AM
When ATS came out, Mike was talking about 'singing back and forth with Chester on every track' all the time. And he was right - we got his lead vocals on almost every song, including all the singles. This time, however, it looks as if it won't be the case. It seems that most of his vocal contributions will consist of rapping and he never really mentioned singing on the record. Of course he will have quite some backing vocals, like the ones on Burn It Down (despite the fact they're barely audible), but do you think the days when Mike sang as much as Chester are gone and we'll mostly get rapping?

Robert
04-29-2012, 10:52 AM
I think he'll sing.

I would love a song where Chester sings the verses and Mike sings the chorus.

HybridBharath
04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
No, I doubt he is going to stop now.

The Joesen One
04-29-2012, 01:07 PM
He'll definitely sing at least two of the songs.

Jack_Farrell
04-29-2012, 02:11 PM
ATS had the perfect balance between the two. I really hope he sings on at least 3 tracks.

Qwerty19
04-29-2012, 02:15 PM
I really think this record will have much more rapping than MTM and ATS. And on the other side, that it will have less Mike singing than those records. Maybe on 1 track. Max 3. But maybe I'm wrong :p

ChuckCheese
04-29-2012, 03:38 PM
He sings on Burn It Down in the background. I'm sure he'll sing plenty on the album.

Agent Sideburns
04-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Who knows? We still haven't heard the album have we? But I hope he does sing a bit here and there.

Promofrog
04-29-2012, 06:16 PM
I'd just like a combo between the two with Chester more at the forefront, I only want rap from Mike if it is good, no more ATS style raps, they sucked for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V_MxGLT7TI

This is the shit I want Mike, so do it before you get too old.

:FUUUUUU:

Robert
04-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Forgotten's raps are pure art.

The Prisoner
04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
@Promofrog: Are you kidding? Your avatar change makes me :facepalm:

I hope for more WTCFM raps. Nevertheless, the ones on Forgotten are awesome.
We just have to see and wait, I guess. But I think it might be possible that Mike will have lead vocals on a couple of tracks.

Promofrog
04-29-2012, 06:39 PM
@Promofrog: Are you kidding? Your avatar change makes me :facepalm:

I hope for more WTCFM raps. Nevertheless, the ones on Forgotten are awesome.
We just have to see and wait, I guess. But I think it might be possible that Mike will have lead vocals on a couple of tracks.

:trollface:

I didn't care much for the WTCFM rap, it was too like Jay Z or something, I like the rapid fire Mike.

Avo
04-29-2012, 06:45 PM
I wish he'd sing as much as he did on ATS, but I don't think he will. I prefer his vocals over Chester's so I hope I'm wrong.

Faint into Pieces
04-29-2012, 07:35 PM
I'd much rather Chester have the lead spot in all the vocals and leave Mike to the rapping. Although I think his voice would be suited for random epic parts in the album, ala his Lift me up/Let me go in The Catalyst. And I would really like a purely Mike vocal track like No Roads Left.

Blake
04-29-2012, 07:44 PM
I really think this record will have much more rapping than MTM and ATS. And on the other side, that it will have less Mike singing than those records. Maybe on 1 track. Max 3. But maybe I'm wrong :p
I agree with this, he will have a lot more rapping. This isn't 100% confirmed but we came to the conclusion that this will be the first LP album where the first three songs have rapping. Lost in the Echo confirmed to have it, Ill be Gone being described like somewhat of old LP (so we assume rapping) and Burn it Down has rapping which is track three.

I think this will have a lot more rapping and probably only a small amount of singing from Mike

Geki
04-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Definitely hopes he sings very small amounts of vocals. I want a lot more Chester vocals because of the lack of them on ATS. I think Mike will primarily go back to rapping and instrumentation on the new album and do less vocals, which is awesome.

Boketto
05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
I hope he sings on at least 5 songs.

Apop
05-01-2012, 10:44 PM
He'll do the primary vocals for at least one track, it seems like he has fun doing it.

Money Maker Mike
05-01-2012, 11:59 PM
I want Brad singing,
Joe rapping,
Mike playing bass,
Phoenix on turntables,
Rob on the guitar,
and Chester on the drums for ONE song. :awesome:

Jack_Farrell
05-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Phoenix has done vocals live, for Hands Held High and Little Things Give You Away. Chester can lick the turntables.

Star Scream
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
i hope mike does vocals like in the catalyst and no roads left

David Vereker
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
He sings on Castle of Glass

Boketto
05-08-2012, 01:51 PM
He sings on Castle of Glass

Not confirmed. Rolling Stone said that Mike sang with Chester at the end of Burn it Down.
Mike did not sing, he rapped "I'll take my turn and fan the flames as your blazes burn" while Chester sang.

It could be similar on Castle of Glass.

Bottom line: Don't trust sources that say Mike sings. Especially not Rolling Stone Magazine.

David Vereker
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't think there will be rapping in what sounds like a ''country melody''. My guess is that they sing harmonies like in many of their songs

hawk
05-09-2012, 01:24 AM
He does sing. BURN IT DOWN.

Pidgeon
05-09-2012, 02:33 AM
I hope so. I want hear some really impassioned vocals like on no roads left

op4blushift
05-09-2012, 08:59 AM
He does sing. BURN IT DOWN.

Yeah, most people here don't seem to realise that
A. there are backing vocals and
B. they're done by mike (or maybe a combo of mike and chester, I don't know)
Although to be fair there pretty far down in the mix and definetely no where near his more prominent singing in ATS (which I loved, I really hope he does sing about as much as he did on ATS on Living Things)
Am I the only that thinks Mikes raps are pretty meh? Especially his Hybrid Theory- Meteora stuff. Just sounds so lifeless and un-energetic. His fort minor stuff is where his rapping really shines.

hawk
05-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah, most people here don't seem to realise that
A. there are backing vocals and
B. they're done by mike (or maybe a combo of mike and chester, I don't know)
Although to be fair there pretty far down in the mix and definetely no where near his more prominent singing in ATS (which I loved, I really hope he does sing about as much as he did on ATS on Living Things)

Yeah, there definitely some Mike there, and no matter how far down or cluttered they are in the mix, they count.

AkirraKrylon
05-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Am I the only that thinks Mikes raps are pretty meh? Especially his Hybrid Theory- Meteora stuff. Just sounds so lifeless and un-energetic. His fort minor stuff is where his rapping really shines.

I agree with the Meteora thing - especially Somewhere I Belong...he sounds so monotone.

But HT? I think thats his best released work. I say released because his raps on a lot of the HT demos/unreleased songs are just ridiculous. I Have Not Begun and The Untitled are fantastic, among many others.

Edit:
Still baffles me when I think of how the guys decided that some of the lyrics that ended up on HT were better than the lyrics on the demo version...

Y U NO LEAVE DEMO LYRICZ?!

Blackee Dammet
05-09-2012, 08:08 PM
I've never though Mike's Linkin Park rapping was any good. Which was why Fort Minor was such a shock, he went from average "rock rapping" to actually showing he knew what he was doing and was very good at it, right back to total shit.

Another reason the whole "I don't need Fort Minor, I can do it in Linkin Park now!" thing is such a disappointment.

op4blushift
05-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I've never though Mike's Linkin Park rapping was any good. Which was why Fort Minor was such a shock, he went from average "rock rapping" to actually showing he knew what he was doing and was very good at it, right back to total shit.

Another reason the whole "I don't need Fort Minor, I can do it in Linkin Park now!" thing is such a disappointment.

Yeah, but if he could put the energy he puts in his Fort Minor raps into LP, I'd be all for it.