PDA

View Full Version : New Signature Policy (March 2012)

Mark
03-27-2012, 09:52 PM
In recent weeks we've seen a number of signatures that are unnecessarily long on our forums. With the emergence of smaller notebooks, tablets, and mobile browsing, these images take up large portions of their screens. These large images also affect page load times, putting further strain on our servers, which will be put to the test over the next few months as Linkin Park's new album news cycle ramps up in intensity.

Therefore we will commence enforcing a new policy that asks all members to keep their signatures (photo and text inclusive) to no more than 400 pixels (1.33 inches) tall. If your current signature is in violation of this new policy, please alter it accordingly.

Remember: The most important part of your post should be the message content itself!

Thanks very much,
LPA Staff

Pidgeon
03-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Ha, mine is quite small. . . Cause I can't make it big on ly phone :P. Which is probably good for guys, otherwise I would have a giant nude Chester in my Sig XD

Gloomy Mushroom
03-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Trust Ron Swanson to announce this.

Gitsnik
03-28-2012, 08:56 AM
I'll fix it asap. ;)

Robert
03-28-2012, 06:00 PM
I think my sig is OK.

$pvcxGhxztCasey
03-29-2012, 10:23 PM
What about mine?

JESEFF
03-30-2012, 01:38 AM
What about mine?

I think we both know the answer to that one. :thumbsup:

$pvcxGhxztCasey
03-30-2012, 01:56 AM
That's not an answer at all.

Mark
03-30-2012, 03:55 AM
What about mine?

From the first post:

Therefore we will commence enforcing a new policy that asks all members to keep their signatures (photo and text inclusive) to no more than 400 pixels (1.33 inches) tall. If your current signature is in violation of this new policy, please alter it accordingly.

So you're good.

Super Sonic
03-30-2012, 10:33 AM
^^ Am i the only one who cant see the second quote without highlighting it??

Jordan
03-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I guess mine's fine? I get the strain on servers thing, but I disagree with the general idea of downsizing the internet for phones and netbooks and such. But that's another issue entirely I suppose.

Mark
03-30-2012, 02:30 PM
^^ Am i the only one who cant see the second quote without highlighting it??

What skin are you using?

Todd
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I guess mine's fine? I get the strain on servers thing, but I disagree with the general idea of downsizing the internet for phones and netbooks and such. But that's another issue entirely I suppose.

Even when I'm on my computer at home with a 24 inch monitor I don't want to scroll through a page long signature.

Ree
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Your signature is fine.

What skin are you using?

The LPA 4.5 skin doesn't show your second quote, as Super Sonic pointed out.

Super Sonic
03-30-2012, 11:13 PM
What skin are you using?

The LPA 4.5 skin doesn't show your second quote, as Super Sonic pointed out.

Yeah, Im using the LPA 4.5 skin.

Jordan
03-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Even when I'm on my computer at home with a 24 inch monitor I don't want to scroll through a page long signature.
Yes, and there was already a signature rule to stop that, unless this is the same rule and the old rule just hasn't been brought up for a while. I just see heaps of websites catering more for smaller screens these days, and think it's pretty lame - my opinion is probably fairly irrelevant here though.

Todd
03-31-2012, 01:43 AM
Yes, and there was already a signature rule to stop that, unless this is the same rule and the old rule just hasn't been brought up for a while. I just see heaps of websites catering more for smaller screens these days, and think it's pretty lame - my opinion is probably fairly irrelevant here though.

There's always been a rule in place (tbh, I don't remember the exact size requirements, but we had a width restriction as well which we don't have now) but it was never enforced. This announcement is to serve as a reminder and we will start enforcing it more consistently now.

Jordan
03-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Fair enough then.

Apop
04-05-2012, 04:09 AM
I'm not sure where I can see how many pixels mine is, but mine is a .gif and quite large, should I reduce it?

FMLPFAN4LIFE
05-25-2012, 08:45 AM
I love yours, it made me laugh! :shinado:

outcastboy
05-25-2014, 07:43 PM
guys, how do i make a signature? i dont even know how to put a profile pic. someone help me

Vic
05-26-2014, 05:09 AM
guys, how do i make a signature? i dont even know how to put a profile pic. someone help me

Just go to settings, there will be a lot of options; like changing Avatar, profile picture or signature. Select any of them and upload the image that you want. Hope it helped!

outcastboy
06-12-2014, 03:41 AM
Just go to settings, there will be a lot of options; like changing Avatar, profile picture or signature. Select any of them and upload the image that you want. Hope it helped!

thanks, it helped a lot, working on a signature now